Thread: first attempt at braiding paracord

Default first attempt at braiding paracord

I made this at deer camp over a few evenings by the camp fire... its my new rifle sling .SUNP0051.JPG hope ya all can make it out my good camera is missing and im using a cheap POS.
    I Wonder Who was the first person to look at a cow and say, "I think I'll squeeze these dangly things here, and drink what ever comes out?"

Sorry the picture sucks, Ill repost pics when I find the other camera.
    I Wonder Who was the first person to look at a cow and say, "I think I'll squeeze these dangly things here, and drink what ever comes out?"

What did you make it out of?
    "If you're seeking to survive in the wilderness then good gear will get you to the last 10%. Training and practice are needed for the 90%."

"If you can see smoke comin from your neighbor's chimney, your too close to your neighbor and its time to move on" - My Grandfather

550 paracord

Default My paracord stuff

I'm just getting started with this paracord hobby.
    I can braid 5 designs. Here is a sample.
    image.jpg
    BE PREPARED

that's a kewl skill. I've done a lot of binder twine braiding and recently braided up a heavy duty ridge line from paracord.

Did a couple of rifle slings as well, but not as wide.......Good job.
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

Thanks for the positive response. I hope to make a sling with the cobra weave soon.

I have been wanting to learn how to do this, I am feeling motivated from this thread. thank you.

You did a very nice job on the sling. It's a pain when you first start isn't it? The ends are so long it's almost unmanageable. Very nice.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Now you've done it! There's no support groups here to help with this addiction.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    USN/USNTC/SD

When trebuchets are outlawed, only outlaws will have trebuchets.

Greetings from the Kingdom of An Tir and the Baroney of the 3 Mountains.