Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Gun ban non political.

Are you sure thats a guy? I saw the picture and thought it was some old woman trying to looking like an indian. Sorry, it must be my eyes.

When I go hunting I take 2 rounds, not because I'm some great hunter but because, if you practice I can't see you useing more than 2 rounds. When the indians where being wiped out by the white man, did they stick with the bow because they where very good at hunting, or did they get as many guns as possible to defend thier homes and familys? Would they have bought and traded for weapons, that where better than the white mans, if they could? Would they have said, there is a man who will give us guns that fire many more bullets than the white mans and we will stop him from killing us, and takeing our land. Or would they have said, I have 10 arrows why would I need a gun? The spider lives also on the back of the turtle and it blinds people, yes even the wise. I would prefer to own a tank than an assault weapon with a 30 round magazine.

Seniorman: "He's been on record for years also stating that he does not believe people should own guns, just as his boss, Obama has stated."

I'd appreciate a reference to when and where Obama said or wrote that, some video, sound bite, article or such.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by crashdive123 View Post
    I disagree with the statement I highlighted in red. Our rights are acknowledged by the Constitution, not granted by it. So the 10th does not grant power to regulate rights.

The Federal government was actually supposed to have very, very limited powers. The citizens have allowed it to grow to what it is. We have only ourselves and those that came before us to blame, but it is incumbent upon each of us to see that the government adheres to the Constitution.
    Correct . I worded that wrong.
    Last edited by welderguy; 01-29-2013 at 11:34 AM.
    I Wonder Who was the first person to look at a cow and say, "I think I'll squeeze these dangly things here, and drink what ever comes out?"

Quote Originally Posted by Moonviper View Post
    When I go hunting I take 2 rounds, not because I'm some great hunter but because, if you practice I can't see you useing more than 2 rounds. When the indians where being wiped out by the white man, did they stick with the bow because they where very good at hunting, or did they get as many guns as possible to defend thier homes and familys? Would they have bought and traded for weapons, that where better than the white mans, if they could? Would they have said, there is a man who will give us guns that fire many more bullets than the white mans and we will stop him from killing us, and takeing our land. Or would they have said, I have 10 arrows why would I need a gun? The spider lives also on the back of the turtle and it blinds people, yes even the wise. I would prefer to own a tank than an assault weapon with a 30 round magazine.
    What are you trying to say? that the indians were content with Bow and arrow and didnt want or need gun? Your statemnet could be taken in a couple diffrent ways.
    When I go hunting I have 5 tags on my licence and I take a lot more than 5 rounds I plan on putting meat in my freezer.
    Last edited by welderguy; 01-29-2013 at 11:36 AM.
    I Wonder Who was the first person to look at a cow and say, "I think I'll squeeze these dangly things here, and drink what ever comes out?"

Quote Originally Posted by Moonviper View Post
    Not sure I follow this either........
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

Heard this the other day - "There are only two reasons to register firearms; to tax or take". Wish I could find the source so I could attribute this to that person.
    When Wealth is Lost, Nothing is Lost;
    When Health is Lost, Something is Lost;
    When Character is Lost, ALL IS LOST!!!!!!!

Colonel Charles Hyatt circa 1880

Every citizen that can legally own a firearm should be able to poccess the same firearms as the gov't .....This will keep the balance of power even. Why have Police dept. gone away from traditional police uniforms to B.D.U.'s ....Why do the Swat team members cover their faces when they are on a raid ? Why do the police no longer have badge numbers / name tags ? Why is the military/ law enforcment combat helmet styled like Nazi helmet off WWII ? Take a look this trail is obvious even on rocky ground.
    The Man with the best Horses and Dogs is the Man who uses them the Most !.....Wiley Carroll..........

Quote Originally Posted by prariewolf View Post
    Every citizen that can legally own a firearm should be able to poccess the same firearms as the gov't .....This will keep the balance of power even. Why have Police dept. gone away from traditional police uniforms to B.D.U.'s ....Why do the Swat team members cover their faces when they are on a raid ? Because a lot of them are also undercover officers that work narc or ice. Why do the police no longer have badge numbers / name tags ? Why is the military/ law enforcment combat helmet styled like Nazi helmet off WWII ? Are you refering to the pasgt? Take a look this trail is obvious even on rocky ground.

LEO's in texas still have name plates!

Not sure what happend with all the big letters , sorry just wanted to highlight my answers

Yes the pasgt..Could it also be that they are avoiding being held responsible for their actions..? What did he look like/ He hada mask on. What was his badge number ? he didn't have one .
    The Man with the best Horses and Dogs is the Man who uses them the Most !.....Wiley Carroll..........

Quote Originally Posted by welderguy View Post
    It all starts some place, little bits at a time, till wow what just happend we went from a democracy to a dictatorship and no one realised it. BUT hey its all for the good of the people, its just too bad that the people didnt decide what was the best for them it will have been decided for US
    America is not a democracy thank God, it is a Republic.

To quote Thomas Jefferson "The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it away."

and Benjamin Franklin "Anyone who trades liberty for security deserves neither liberty nor security"

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by prariewolf View Post
    Yes the pasgt..Could it also be that they are avoiding being held responsible for their actions..? What did he look like/ He hada mask on. What was his badge number ? he didn't have one .
    I must have missed a post who are you refering too? And the Pasgt helmet has been around since the 80's . If your refering to A tactical entry team or a warrant team The hoods serve several purposes, First is protection just like gloves on the hands, second is to stay anonymous from the criminals, its hard to sell or buy drugs from a dealer if youve been id in a raid.

I'm late to the party as usual.

Here's is my cut on high cap mags. I think there are a lot of legitimate uses and none involve tyranny.

A half dozen reasons for high capacity mags.

1. Protecting livestock.
    2. That’s standard on some weapons. My XD Service .45 holds 13 rounds.
    3. 3 gun competition shooting
    4. Speed shooting competition
    5. Hunting wild boar
    6. Because if the time comes that I NEED to use my firearm in the defense of myself or other innocents I choose to use the best available resources hoping they equal or exceed those available to the assailants... and 'high capacity' magazines are readily available to those who choose to do harm.

As to New York's 7 round limit.....

At a time when the state’s finances are in complete disarray (they delayed paying income tax refunds one year to push the costs into the next year and raided several state funds that were supposed to be dedicated to other uses) they have now pushed income from the sale of weapons, ammo and accessories into other states. Folks in New York will simply cross over to neighboring states, make their purchases and no one will be the wiser. Not only will the state miss out on the tax revenues but they will be putting a greater strain on small business owners, the single largest source of employment in the U.S.

Finally, if you look at the FBI UCR for 2011 you'll see that all rifles constituted 323 murders in the U.S. .... ALL Rifles. There were 1694 stabbing murders. Just sayin'..............

323 people were killed with rifles in 2011. All rifles including those uber scary AR platforms.
    356 by shotguns. All shotguns.
    1694 were stabbed to death.
    496 were clubbed to death
    728 were beaten to death with hands or feet.

http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/ucr...e-data-table-8

Finally, finally....

I've written all my representatives and received responses from same assuring me they will not only vote AGAINST any further assault on the 2nd amendment but will actively try to stop the Prez's use of Executive Orders to circumvent the Congress. I love my state.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    I'm late to the party as usual.

Here's is my cut on high cap mags. I think there are a lot of legitimate uses and none involve tyranny.

A half dozen reasons for high capacity mags.

1. Protecting livestock.
    2. That’s standard on some weapons. My XD Service .45 holds 13 rounds.
    3. 3 gun competition shooting
    4. Speed shooting competition
    5. Hunting wild boar
    6. Because if the time comes that I NEED to use my firearm in the defense of myself or other innocents I choose to use the best available resources hoping they equal or exceed those available to the assailants... and 'high capacity' magazines are readily available to those who choose to do harm.

As to New York's 7 round limit.....

At a time when the state’s finances are in complete disarray (they delayed paying income tax refunds one year to push the costs into the next year and raided several state funds that were supposed to be dedicated to other uses) they have now pushed income from the sale of weapons, ammo and accessories into other states. Folks in New York will simply cross over to neighboring states, make their purchases and no one will be the wiser. Not only will the state miss out on the tax revenues but they will be putting a greater strain on small business owners, the single largest source of employment in the U.S.

Finally, if you look at the FBI UCR for 2011 you'll see that all rifles constituted 323 murders in the U.S. .... ALL Rifles. There were 1694 stabbing murders. Just sayin'..............

323 people were killed with rifles in 2011. All rifles including those uber scary AR platforms.
    356 by shotguns. All shotguns.
    1694 were stabbed to death.
    496 were clubbed to death
    728 were beaten to death with hands or feet.

http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/ucr...e-data-table-8

Finally, finally....

I've written all my representatives and received responses from same assuring me they will not only vote AGAINST any further assault on the 2nd amendment but will actively try to stop the Prez's use of Executive Orders to circumvent the Congress. I love my state.
    WOOHOO, Thats great I wish everyone that is against it would do that same thing. THANK YOU SIR!

When it was legal to purchase Thompson Sub-Machine guns over the counter and thru the mail....I believe that I read somewhere that a significant percentage were sold to Ranchers/ farmers in Western States ...They wanted A high Cap. Mag. then , have the reasons changed now / Before you ask I do not remember where I read this..

Quote Originally Posted by Rbrownkatz View Post
    Seniorman: "He's been on record for years also stating that he does not believe people should own guns, just as his boss, Obama has stated."

I'd appreciate a reference to when and where Obama said or wrote that, some video, sound bite, article or such.

Thanks.
    Rbrownkatz, I just saw your request. I will look it up and post it.

S.M.
    Last edited by Seniorman; 01-29-2013 at 08:27 PM. Reason: Correct typo.
    "They that can give up essential liberty to gain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

- Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790),U.S. statesman, scientist, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

I don't know. But if you have a wild boar heading in your direction at full speed you'll probably want a belt fed and a deep ammo box. Let me rephrase that. I would.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Seniorman - That comment comes from a meeting Obama had with John Lott, who you may know is a gun author. This goes back to sometime in the late 80's or early 90's if my memory is right. Anywho...Lott has been credited numerous times as having said Obama made that statement to him. True? Who knows. I guess Obama and Lott do. But given his Chicago roots and his claim that the only two reasons to own a weapon are hunting and target shooting I can sure see him saying that. I know he's adamantly opposed to CCW as is the State of Illinois.

Here is John Lott discussing it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8tUJaUY2OiY
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel