Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Anaconda attack

Quote Originally Posted by BENESSE View Post
    Hello?
    If he was joking (which I hope he was) he lifted the joke from here.
    He he wasn't, well...something's seriously off.
    He "lifted" the story from another forum??? Next thing you know, he'll be "lifting" tree house photos and claiming he made them himself.
    Klytus, I'm bored -- Emperor Ming

Nature is never boring -- various

The Ohiocondas here are very slow in the winter, it"s 11 degrees out there right now! They speed up in the summer though, and that is when I start packeing my knife everwhere I go so I can split them form a hole to appetite. The Ohiocondas are so big that they try to double you up and swallow you from the middle which give you a little more time to cut off their head

Banned

Everyone thinks this is a joke? The joke will be on ya'll when this happens if ya'll ever leave the house from your warm, down comforters and herbal tea and actually get out in the wild.

Frankly I don't care whether you believe it or not. I do know that I am prepared for this event if I ever do fall asleep and wake to a giant Anaconda looking at me for dinner.

Quote Originally Posted by Blade View Post
    Everyone thinks this is a joke? The joke will be on ya'll when this happens if ya'll ever leave the house from your warm, down comforters and herbal tea and actually get out in the wild.

Frankly I don't care whether you believe it or not. I do know that I am prepared for this event if I ever do fall asleep and wake to a giant Anaconda looking at me for dinner.
    Blade we have no doubt that you are the udisputed expert on anacondas, and just by the fact that you let them half eat you before you wake up and split tha snake wide open, lets us know that you are very confident in your anaconda survival skils.
    You are our Bear Grylls of anacondadom.............did I spell that right????

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Wildthang View Post
    Blade we have no doubt that you are the udisputed expert on anacondas, and just by the fact that you let them half eat you before you wake up and split tha snake wide open, lets us know that you are very confident in your anaconda survival skils.
    You are our Bear Grylls of anacondadom.............did I spell that right????
    Drop the "tude" Dude. Anytime you wanna go head to head out there in a survival test, name it!

Drop the "tude" Dude. Anytime you wanna go head to head out there in a survival test, name it!
    So how does that work? Loser dies?
    What's so crazy about standing toe-to-toe saying I am?
    ~Rocky Balboa

You know, generally when an article, antidote, or instructions are a obvious copy and paste from someone/ where else, the thread starts with.....
    "I saw this", ....or" found this by so and so, thought I would pass it along"......credit should be given as much as possible to the original source.

Kinda tough, I realize, as there have only been about 7 or 8 original thoughts since the "copy and paste" was invented about 1993 or so.

I'm done, not impressed, joke or not.....and as far as survival scenarios......Good luck with that..........
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

Blog Entries

Cool Yep!

Quote Originally Posted by crashdive123 View Post
    Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.

Like Crash said...

1st Anaconda: Look! A sleeping camper! Let's eat him!"

2nd Anaconda: "What? Are you kidding? Just look at that big badasss knife he has!"

1st Anaconda: "That's okay, we'll use his knife to pick our fangs with after we're done...you take the head, I'll take the feet!"

2nd Anaconda: "Hmmm, sounds like a plan!

p.s.: BTW, no anacondas here in Illinois...just cottonmouths and the like, you know, the poison kind?
    SARGE
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
    Albert Einstein

Proud father of a US Marine....SEMPER FI!

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by hunter63 View Post
    You know, generally when an article, antidote, or instructions are a obvious copy and paste from someone/ where else, the thread starts with.....
    "I saw this", ....or" found this by so and so, thought I would pass it along"......credit should be given as much as possible to the original source.

Kinda tough, I realize, as there have only been about 7 or 8 original thoughts since the "copy and paste" was invented about 1993 or so.

I'm done, not impressed, joke or not.....and as far as survival scenarios......Good luck with that..........
    I agree with hunter on this Blade, if you copy and paste it is best to inform that because with Google it takes only a few minutes to find what you found. Besides, a lot of stuff found on the net is false. Looking into the anaconda thing out of curiosity by using reliable searches like National Geographic and such, tells me anacondas spend a lot of their time in water and they do their hunting by waiting for pray to come drink by the waters edge. There are many kinds of constrictor snakes, but non of them that I have seen in my search chases their pray, they all wait for the pray to come to them. They always constrict their pray, so if an anaconda large enough to swallow a man gets a hold of you and starts to constrict you, it will crush your bones and there is no chance you will be able to breath from the pressure. If you wait an hour before you kill it you will be long dead before that hour is up.
    "If you're seeking to survive in the wilderness then good gear will get you to the last 10%. Training and practice are needed for the 90%."

"If you can see smoke comin from your neighbor's chimney, your too close to your neighbor and its time to move on" - My Grandfather

^Even video' where people feed their pet snakes dead rats, the constrictor still constricts the dead rats... I don't know but I assume by constricting the dead rats it is breaking the bones making it more easy to swallow and for the bones to "exit" the snake
    "If you're seeking to survive in the wilderness then good gear will get you to the last 10%. Training and practice are needed for the 90%."

"If you can see smoke comin from your neighbor's chimney, your too close to your neighbor and its time to move on" - My Grandfather

Hey man, you would undoubtedly win. I don't have a knife as long as my leg, I don't let anacondas half swallow me, and I can't carve a tree house with my small knife. I just like to go to the woods and enjoy the outdoors when and if I get time.
    I am no Bear Gryls, and I do not compete with other survivors, but I'll tell you one thing, never underestimate the old guys and especially the ones you don't know!

Alaska, The Madness! 1stimestar's Avatar
    Little cabin in the woods, middle of Alaska.

Who has the "tude"? Seems to be you. A bit defensive aren't you? Ok, I'll challenge you to -40 survival test. *throwing down glove...
    Why do I live in Alaska? Because I can.

Alaska, the Madness! Bloggity Stories of the North Country

"Building Codes, Alaskans don't need no stinking Building Codes." Sourdough

Yes, I have wifi in my outhouse!

Ooo, ooo........ooo, I call the couch.
    "They call us civilized because we are easy to sneak up on."- Lone Waite

I call "couch shot gun".......

Quote Originally Posted by 1stimestar View Post
    Who has the "tude"? Seems to be you. A bit defensive aren't you? Ok, I'll challenge you to -40 survival test. *throwing down glove...
    HHHMMM, since there are no anacondas in Alaska would this method hold true for a Bear chewing on your gizzard ? Maybe that can be part of the challenge, " let a Bear chew on ya for an hour before stabbing it , Blade your the expert please Go First and let us know how it went.
    I Wonder Who was the first person to look at a cow and say, "I think I'll squeeze these dangly things here, and drink what ever comes out?"

Lol. Yea, after you Blade. Unfortunately bears are/should be hibernating right now. But how about moose? I'd do a -40 moose challenge. They don't eat you but they can stomp you dead. I have several hanging around this winter so come on up and we'll hang out till we find one.

You guys know, 3 people can fit on that couch.

From the Story of Jeremiah Johnson, after 'Grizz" runs a grizzly bear into the cabin with Jeremiah.......Who stuck it with his knife then climbed a tree.......

Grizz, "Wise to leave that knife in him, pilgrim, helped bleed him out".
    Jeremiah, "Twern't time to pull it out"

You guys know, 3 people can fit on that couch.
    Cool Ill call the third spot. Whos bringing the popcorn
    I Wonder Who was the first person to look at a cow and say, "I think I'll squeeze these dangly things here, and drink what ever comes out?"

Lol. Yea, after you Blade. Unfortunately bears are/should be hibernating right now. But how about moose? I'd do a -40 moose challenge. They don't eat you but they can stomp you dead. I have several hanging around this winter so come on up and we'll hang out till we find one.
    I doubt he would last 1 day