Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Anaconda attack

Banned

Default Anaconda attack

Living where I do and go where I go people have let pythons and pet anacondas loose into the wild. The Everglades has tens of thousands of pythons but also there are giant anacondas in the glades.

Occasionally I've gone in on one of my "survival scenarios" so these snakes are a real threat to me.

I learned how to survive an attack from a giant anaconda and will pass this along if you ever happen to come into the Everglades.

Is while sleeping you realize an anaconda is eyeing you for dinner this may save you.

Lie perfectly still, they know your there but you can't out run the snake.

Tuck your chin in tight and keep your arms close to your body if you can without alarming the snake. The snake may crawl over you at this point or possibly start making plans to consume you. At this point you must remain calm despite how else you feel.

If the snake decides your it's dinner it will begin at your feet up to your ankles. It will slowly work it's way up your legs, this is the direction they always will eat. It will seem like eternity but the snake will finally reach up to your hips, it takes about an hour to reach this point but by this time you should feel a bit more comfortable in this situation. The main thing is don't panic and remember this writing.

When the snake reaches this point make your move for your knife. Slip the knife into the top of the snakes mouth between your leg. With one swift motion, thrust it though the top of the snakes head and pull towards you.....it will sever the snakes head in two therefore freeing you.

Sounds scary but if you do this right it will save your life.

Here's a couple more pointers. ALWAYS carry your knife as I do. ALWAYS keep your knife as sharp as possible, it may save your life!

Personally I see two problems with your advice ( speaking only for myself) First off I wont wait for it to try and eat me second I wont use a knife. as soon as it is in the HOLY CRAP distance It will have a bullet hole ( Read several ) in its body.

P.S dont anacondas roll there dinner up and squeeze the stuffing out of it. ?
    I Wonder Who was the first person to look at a cow and say, "I think I'll squeeze these dangly things here, and drink what ever comes out?"

BS. Snakes start at the head and work down. Anacondas are constrictors and want to eat the food they have just killed, not find something that is dead (if that is what you're trying to act like) and would constrict around you as soon as it figured you were live, and then eat you after killing you, again starting at the head. Also, the last I knew of, there hasn't been any truly documented anacondas large enough to eat a grown man. The movie was made in Hollywood, not Animal Planet.
    What's so crazy about standing toe-to-toe saying I am?
    ~Rocky Balboa

Also, the reason the start with the head is because of the orientation of the hair. With the hair growth is easier to swallow than against the growth.
    ~Rocky Balboa

http://www.anacondas.org/faqs.htm

Can an anaconda kill a person?

Anacondas are top predators that often prey on animals stronger and tougher than humans. A medium size anaconda, say 13 feet long, can easily kill an adult person. Some people believe that anacondas would not be able to pass the shoulders of a person. This is untrue. Anacondas can swallow prey thicker than a person plus the shoulder of a human a not a very mobile joins and the snake can easily disarticulate the joins of the rotator cuff making it less bulky. The reason that there are not many records of anacondas preying on people is because anacondas live in the swamp where people do not go very often. In fact, the two records of anacondas attacking humans have been on people that were helping in my research. When we go to the field we spend inordinate amounts of time on the habitat of the anacondas and increase tremendously the chances of an encounter. The bad news is as human encroach on anacondas habitats as a result of the so called development that every time leads people's frontiers more and more into habitats of the wildlife.

Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.

Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Default Will wonders never cease?!

Well that's it....The last straw...........I call for "snake control" with a limit of 6 ft max, and all snake must be registered.....
    There, we took care of THAT.
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

Blade has an odd sense of humor, if you ax me.

Quote Originally Posted by BENESSE View Post
    Blade has an odd sense of humor, if you ax me.
    Sheeeesh, "B" ....Kinda play along, OK?..... been a slow week......

A couple of sources I've found have said no, they cannot eat a full grown man, but the closest thing of a source about that is wikianswers. But, they only grow to be around 1 foot in diameter. That itself would make it hard to swallow a full grown man. http://animals.nationalgeographic.co...reen-anaconda/
    ~Rocky Balboa

I would also like to hear/see more of these "survival scenarios." How about taking a camera or video recorder with you sometime.
    ~Rocky Balboa

Crash, I thougt you working on the survival anaconda slayer blade with the slumber time comfey sheath? $350 isn't a bad price. Our WV anacondas are much smaller and usually start choking when they reach the knees and give up. The only problem is that they eat their pray head first unless you wear flannel.
    Karl

The quality of a person's life is in direct proportion the the effort he puts into whatever field of endeavor he chooses. Vincent T Lombardi

A wise man profits from the wisdom of others.

Quote Originally Posted by RangerXanatos View Post
    I would also like to hear/see more of these "survival scenarios." How about taking a camera or video recorder with you sometime.
    No problem, just Google them, they are from somewhere else anyway.......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MYJed...e=results_main

Well Ill be darned they do eat feet first.
    I Wonder Who was the first person to look at a cow and say, "I think I'll squeeze these dangly things here, and drink what ever comes out?"

Kind of interesting: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JwvG15juaOU

Looking at that I would say if it can eat a cow it can eat a person. But I don't think I would let it snack on my legs for an hour before I start shanking the hell out of its head
    "If you're seeking to survive in the wilderness then good gear will get you to the last 10%. Training and practice are needed for the 90%."

"If you can see smoke comin from your neighbor's chimney, your too close to your neighbor and its time to move on" - My Grandfather

Quote Originally Posted by Blade View Post
    . . . Lie perfectly still, they know your there but you can't out run the snake. . .
    Uh, yeah, okay, but I googled this and every site I went to said the anaconda's speed on land is about one mile an hour.

Maybe you could try to come up with a survival scenerio that isn't based on a Hollywood adventure flick. You know, like stuff that actually happens. You know, like reality.
    Klytus, I'm bored -- Emperor Ming

Nature is never boring -- various

he must think everyone here is stupid, what a tool, but not a sharp one

Alaska, The Madness! 1stimestar's Avatar
    Little cabin in the woods, middle of Alaska.

Quote Originally Posted by Psalm25 View Post
    Kind of interesting: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JwvG15juaOU

Looking at that I would say if it can eat a cow it can eat a person. But I don't think I would let it snack on my legs for an hour before I start shanking the hell out of its head
    That was my thought.
    Why do I live in Alaska? Because I can.

Alaska, the Madness! Bloggity Stories of the North Country

"Building Codes, Alaskans don't need no stinking Building Codes." Sourdough

Yes, I have wifi in my outhouse!

Quote Originally Posted by BENESSE View Post
    Hello?
    If he was joking (which I hope he was) he lifted the joke from here.
    If he wasn't, well...something's seriously off.
    Last edited by BENESSE; 01-24-2013 at 12:16 AM. Reason: typo