Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Anaconda attack

Karl,

I do think your right! Im sure he is out in the bush, honing his skills this very minute. You know trapping the neighborhood cats, Breeding rats, whittlin an ark for the coming Apocalypse with his trusty Knife, practicing lying still while something crawls on or in your orifices, The important things all us preppers should be doing.
    I think Blade should be nominated for a Boots in the field award Can I get a second on that
    I Wonder Who was the first person to look at a cow and say, "I think I'll squeeze these dangly things here, and drink what ever comes out?"

Default Not as forgiving...He either thinks

That's just the thing, gryffynklm...you were giving Blade more credit than he deserves.
    He had every chance to come back and say, ha, ha, it's a joke; no foul, no harm. But noooooooo...he stuck to his lame idea even though it was proven
    that he lifted it off from somewhere where it was meant as a joke. He didn't even get that.
    So...as far as I'm concerned, he has hurt himself in other areas where he might be right. Who cares?!

Quote Originally Posted by welderguy View Post
    Karl,

I do think your right! Im sure he is out in the bush, honing his skills this very minute. You know trapping the neighborhood cats, Breeding rats, whittlin an ark for the coming Apocalypse with his trusty Knife, practicing lying still while something crawls on or in your orifices, The important things all us preppers should be doing.
    I think Blade should be nominated for a Boots in the field award Can I get a second on that
    Iguanaiers nice post. Hang around a while.

Welderguy, glad you took the post the right way.
    Karl

The quality of a person's life is in direct proportion the the effort he puts into whatever field of endeavor he chooses. Vincent T Lombardi

A wise man profits from the wisdom of others.

Default Just a set up "B"

"Look at his other posts. Take those into account and consider his integrity."

Before Iguanairs posted i wanted him to defend his source and practice so i could post the "snopes" article that revels the hoax.

Sorry l like to play with my prey sometimes.
    Last edited by gryffynklm; 01-25-2013 at 12:13 PM. Reason: spellen
    Karl

The quality of a person's life is in direct proportion the the effort he puts into whatever field of endeavor he chooses. Vincent T Lombardi

Quote Originally Posted by gryffynklm View Post

Welderguy, glad you took the post the right way.
    Sorry, Karl. I should've known you better than that.
    A little slow on the uptake here. Too darn cold.

Nevermind........

I sometimes like to help them dig deeper. Nothing gets them going like a little false support
    Karl

Alaska, The Madness! 1stimestar's Avatar
    Little cabin in the woods, middle of Alaska.

Quote Originally Posted by Blade View Post
    I copied and pasted nothing! How dare you accuse me of plagiarizing!
    When you steal other's photographs off the internet, you'll steal their words and thoughts just as easily without a thought that it is "stealing" as in, you are a thief.
    Why do I live in Alaska? Because I can.

Alaska, the Madness! Bloggity Stories of the North Country

"Building Codes, Alaskans don't need no stinking Building Codes." Sourdough

Yes, I have wifi in my outhouse!

Iguanaiers,

Great post! hope you stick around it sounds like your experiance with reptiles can be a great asset around here.
    I Wonder Who was the first person to look at a cow and say, "I think I'll squeeze these dangly things here, and drink what ever comes out?"

Cool

Are we done yet???

Sometimes a troll trap wins and sometimes the troll wins

JMHO

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Blade View Post
    I copied and pasted nothing! How dare you accuse me of plagiarizing!
    Blade, I want you to sit back for a second and think about it... you posted a picture of a tree house that was copied from the internet and said you built it. It was a joke but it flew over some heads. Then you made (I assume) a second joke and again it flew over some heads. As B said, not once did you come on and say lighten up folks, I found the pic on the net and was trying to make a joke. Then a few days later you post this about anacondas. B finds the exact same thing posted somewhere else pretty much word for word... do you see where I am going with this? Yes, it is very possible with a billion or so people posting in the internet that two posts could be the same but ether way it is wrong information. But you shouldn't get mad when people call you out on something... ether prove them wrong or admit that you were wrong. But if you walk away from it without explaining then your going to find a lot of people will assume your future posts are not original. Just my 2 cents
    "If you're seeking to survive in the wilderness then good gear will get you to the last 10%. Training and practice are needed for the 90%."

"If you can see smoke comin from your neighbor's chimney, your too close to your neighbor and its time to move on" - My Grandfather

Quote Originally Posted by jmarshnh View Post
    Are we done yet???

Sometimes a troll trap wins and sometimes the troll wins

JMHO

Jim
    Heck Im just board , I could care less what Garbage he spews forth.

Quote Originally Posted by 1stimestar View Post
    When you steal other's photographs off the internet, you'll steal their words and thoughts just as easily without a thought that it is "stealing" as in, you are a thief.
    Don't forget that he told us in his intro that he was a thief. I applaud his honesty for that brief moment in time.

While it has been entertaining, I think the novelty of Blade has worn thin. Goodbye Blade.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Buh bye.

Blog Entries

Cool Wow!

Wow! What a turd, no wonder he carries a big knife! Everybody watch your tires!
    SARGE
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
    Albert Einstein

Proud father of a US Marine....SEMPER FI!

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Benjamin Franklin

AAAWWWW MAN !!!! I didnt get to use this .....
    trol3.jpg
    Or this
    troll2.jpg
    Or this
    fat_hairy_guy_on_bed_with_guns.jpg
    oh well

Sounds like I have to call the couch back.
    Karl

Quote Originally Posted by iguanairs View Post
    Please take the time to read this. I know it is long (sorry about that) but it will be enlightening. lol

My website (Herp Center) notified me of a linkback coming from this website. Since this site doesn't really fall into my niches category I was curious as to why it was linking to my site and I followed the link. I am happy I did because I want to use this opportunity to set the record straight on a few things since "Blade" is way out of bounds on what he has written.

The everglades do have an invasive species of snake that the media has sensationalized to an extreme. That snake is the Burmese Python, not the Anaconda. In fact, right now there is a contest going on until February to see who can dispatch (kill) the largest Burmese Python and who can dispatch the most Burmese Pythons. This contest doesn't include Anacondas. lol I guess Florida wants to keep these man eaters there to help with population control of people like Blade. SMH The media would have everyone believing that the Everglades is currently host to tens of thousands of the Burmese Pythons yet currently professional trackers and wildlife experts have only been able to come up with 21. 800 people are searching an area proposed to have tens of thousands of these snakes and they can't even find one each. lol The reason for this is very simple. In 2010 Florida experienced a severe freeze. This freeze killed off the vast majority of the pythons in the everglades. Reptiles are cold-blooded and can't create their own body heat. When temperatures drop below freezing they can't function and they die. This is the reasoning that all these experts and trackers aren't finding hundreds or thousands of these snakes, they simply aren't there right now in those numbers. I am not trying to downplay the severity of the invasive species. I just prefer accurate information be shared that isn't media hype and sensationalism.

I won't go so far as to say there are not Anacondas in the Everglades. That would be ignorant of me. I don't believe for a second that "Blade" would be encountering a specimen large enough to attempt to eat a man. For starters, it would have to be a Green Anaconda (the heaviest of all snakes) and close to reaching lengths of 20+ feet. Snakes much smaller than that are strong enough to kill a man but they wouldn't be physically capable of eating him.

Now I want to point on how snakes feed. Anacondas and Burmese Pythons are constrictors. They literally kill their prey by constricting them and exasperating the air from their lungs. (This causes suffocation and death.) They do this BEFORE they eat their prey. An anaconda is NOT going to "size up a man" and ponder if he is going to eat him. If his intent were to attempt to consume the person he would strike out and constrict. That is their natural reaction and how they are programmed. They aren't smart enough to look at a man lying down and say "well his feet are together and he isn't moving so I will just start eating him". The fact that "Blade" even proposes such nonsense is indicative of how uneducated he is on the species (and snakes as a whole), yet alone its presence in the Everglades. My 8 year old could have offered you more reliable information on the species. Once the animal is dead the snake will seek out the easiest method of consumption (in most cases) which will be the head. The reason this is the natural way for a snake to feed is back to how the snake is programmed. It will look for the path of least resistance. The body of animals, including humans, is streamlined from the head down. Your arms and legs will press down with ease but will cause resistance if pressed upward. Think about it like this; you are laying on the ground dead and the snake grabs a leg and starts eating. Once he gets to your groin, he is screwed. Our legs are not designed to flex upward and neither are many other species. As a result of evolution and eons of this happening they have learned that starting at the head is the easiest approach to feeding. They DO NOT eat from the feet first. LMAO (Some snakes will start from the ***-end but it is not typical and they do not do it intentionally as proposed by "Blade".)

I currently own 12 Ball Pythons, 2 Corn Snakes and a Boa Constrictor. I have been keeping and researching reptiles for 20+ years. I have been breeding varying species for 12+ years. I don't pretend to know everything about reptiles and am constantly learning but I can say with 100% assurance that no one on this site should listen to a thing coming from this kid "Blade". If he didn't take that inaccurate info from my site (which was posted to mock the idiot passing it around) then he has simply just told everyone himself that he completely lacks intellect and common sense. Give a man a shovel and some time and many will bury themselves. Well played "Blade", well played. SMH
    Thanks for the up date.....I'm thinking it didn't take long to see BS all over the OP.....LOL

Well it was fun for a while.........(song in my head)....geen anoconda, green anconda........
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

Who other than Myself, Listened to that whole song.

Quote Originally Posted by welderguy View Post
    Who other than Myself, Listened to that whole song.
    LOL why do you think it's stuck in my head?....green anaconda, green anaconda
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

*raising hand

*hanging head in shame