Thread: Gun owner insurance

Default Gun owner insurance

The state of Mass. is considering a bill requiring gun owners to have liability insurance specifically for the accidental injury arising from the use of their firearms.
    I don't know if Mass. already requires gun registration but this would be a good back door way to do it. The insurance companies would undoubtably require that the firearms to be covered are listed on the policy. Then if a confiscation move ever took place the state would go to the insurance companies for the list of owners.
    So how about requiring all post puberty males to have pregnancy insurance? This would cover them if they ever made a femal pregnant either for the cost of raising the child or terminating as per the females wishes. After all the use of this tool has great and profound implications for others and society as well. This would provide great financial incentives to use this tool with caution something the gun insurance advocates state for why we need gun owner insurance. Just a thought just another slippery slope argument.
    Whether due to rain, river, or snow, blood, sweat, or tears it is usually easier to stay dry than to get dry.

They can't force us to buy it, they'll just call it a tax and tax us if we don't buy it. Right Justice Roberts?

I would really like to flip it around. Sometimes people don't realize that giving government power is a bad thing because all they can see are things they want the government to do. What if the government fined, erm I mean taxed, everyone who didn't own a gun? Saying... it is in the national interest of the country to have a well armed citizenry as a deterrent to foreign occupation (see Switzerland, and I think Israel), people refusing to participate are taxed.... and thanks to now existing precedent, completely constitutional.

Quote Originally Posted by 1776 View Post
    The state of Mass. is considering a bill requiring gun owners to have liability insurance specifically for the accidental injury arising from the use of their firearms.
    I don't know if Mass. already requires gun registration but this would be a good back door way to do it. The insurance companies would undoubtably require that the firearms to be covered are listed on the policy. Then if a confiscation move ever took place the state would go to the insurance companies for the list of owners.
    So how about requiring all post puberty males to have pregnancy insurance? This would cover them if they ever made a femal pregnant either for the cost of raising the child or terminating as per the females wishes. After all the use of this tool has great and profound implications for others and society as well. This would provide great financial incentives to use this tool with caution something the gun insurance advocates state for why we need gun owner insurance. Just a thought just another slippery slope argument.
    But that is "gun" insurance!