Thread: UTG Bipod Review for Rifle

Default UTG Bipod Review for Rifle

The UTG Bipod is a great addition to any rifle. It has quick adjustable height dials and collapses very quickly. I added this to my rifle as you will see in the video. I also show off a bayonet that Survivor Johnny gave me. Watch and enjoy.

First off, nice video! A lot of people cobble things together loosely and call it good, but you did some postproduction editing that makes it that extra little bit pleasant to watch.
    However...

Call me picky, but isn't it a little odd to have a bi-pod on a rifle you'd probably never shoot prone? (My assumption of course being that with the forward grip and no scope visible, this is meant for other uses) Then again, there is benchrest, and perhaps you are the sort to shoot prone with a rifle not made specifically for accuracy, there are all sorts out there!

As far as the product itself goes, my initial thought was that it might be a bit mechanically complex (prone to breaking) but it looks pretty robust. I might need to get myself one of these once I have a rifle that it makes sense with. The design of that bayonet sure is interesting... I've never played with a bayonet before, but if I'm not mistaken, don't most attach without having to detach the flash-suppressor? It does look like a solid blade, and sure is easy on the eyes. I might not mind having one like that just as a belt-knife, and as bayonets go, that's the right size and shape for me. All things considered, you've shown two interesting items that have gotten me thinking. Thanks for the review!
    I am to misbehave - Captain Mal

Everyone's entitled to their own opinion, you aren't entitled to your own set of facts. - Anonymous

Thanks for the feedback. I have a few other rifles that I am thinking about putting it on instead of the AR. I just installed it to do a video review.

I agree that the AR probably isn't the best to shoot prone but I still want to try.

So, did you test it?
    I've taken a vow of poverty. To annoy me, send money.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/FinallyMe78?feature=mhee

Yes. Shooting in a prone position was actually fun. However, with this AR-15 I don't think I would be in a situation where I would need to be in a prone position. I am in Georgia and not in the prairies of the west. We have pretty dense forests.