Thread: Dollar Store Survival Items Video

Default Dollar Store Survival Items Video

In this video I share some great value items that you can purchase at the Dollar Store to put in your BOB or Survival Kit!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ierpzJeyeY

Blog Entries

Cool Well...

Not bad, of course my wife figured all of that out sometime back. I was surprised that you didn't add the fact that the Sanitizer gel could also be used as a fire starter as it's mostly alcohol. At one point our local dollar store sold 3 packs of 2 to a pack of name brand pain relievers like "Extra Strength Excedrin." Perfect ready-made packaging for 1st aid kits! You have to shop regularly however as their inventory changes from time to time!
    SARGE
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
    Albert Einstein

Proud father of a US Marine....SEMPER FI!

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Benjamin Franklin

I love dollar tree!! I think there is a thread about that around here someplace. when ever i get steel wool i also grab a pack of 9 volts too.
    I Wonder Who was the first person to look at a cow and say, "I think I'll squeeze these dangly things here, and drink what ever comes out?"

Good barter items there, too, WM!

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge47 View Post
    Not bad, of course my wife figured all of that out sometime back. I was surprised that you didn't add the fact that the Sanitizer gel could also be used as a fire starter as it's mostly alcohol. At one point our local dollar store sold 3 packs of 2 to a pack of name brand pain relievers like "Extra Strength Excedrin." Perfect ready-made packaging for 1st aid kits! You have to shop regularly however as their inventory changes from time to time!
    Your right about the sanitizer. I cruise by the store once or twice a month to see what new items are in stock.

I bought a month's worth of 5-hour candles at dollar tree.
    Wilderness Survival:
    Surviving a temporary situation where you're lost in the wilderness