Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Criminal gun grab, Has it started?

Quote Originally Posted by crashdive123 View Post
    Funny - I don't recall reading needs (among other words) in the Bill of Rights.
    I haven't seen it in there either.

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Nighteyes View Post
    First of all, let's get our facts straight. The "Criminal Gun Grab" has not started, nor is it EVER likely to start. You see, there's the little matter of a Constitutional provision commonly known as Ex Post Facto. Not familiar with it? Look it up.

Second, though I don't agree with the idea of an assault weapons ban, I do agree with the far-more-effective idea of limiting magazine capacity. The chances are that, if you can't get it done with ten rounds, you ain't gonna get it done with 20 (or 30, or 40, or...) rounds without significant collateral damage. But hey, this is just my personal opinion. As we all know, a personal opinion plus a dollar or so can get ya a cuppa coffee at your local McDonalds...

-- Nighteyes
    Daniel, You missed the Link in post 8 that I forgot to post in OP. The Criminal Gun Grab was referring to Criminals targeting gun owners and grabbing their weapons. Here is the link to the article. By the way I agree with and understand what you have posted with out looking it up.

http://www.nbc15.com/home/headlines/...186604501.html
    Karl

The quality of a person's life is in direct proportion the the effort he puts into whatever field of endeavor he chooses. Vincent T Lombardi

A wise man profits from the wisdom of others.

all a crook has to do is stake out a gun shop or rifle range and follow u home

If you don't think a law requiring a person to turn over legally owned property after passage of such law isn't a gun grab, not sure what planet you are on. Ex Post Facto or not, do you have the cash to fight the state in court after they have seized whatever it is they have legislated into criminal ownership? It only takes one law to make you a felon these days while the criminals are unbothered. We have over 50 new laws pending here in MA, none of them, not one, has anything to do with fighting crime. Just limiting Citizen's Rights.

The thief has always been a hazard. I don't even let my neighbor's kid see me load the stuff in the truck to go to the range as I don't like his 'friends'.
    It's the wrong time to be gun grabbing. Cities and towns can't afford to pay their police forces, in fact they tie all kinds of onerous riders onto the police budget hoping the voters will pass the crap in the interests of funding the police. Has backfired a few times. No police budgets and high unemployment = more crime. And it's only going to get worse before it gets better.
    Preaching to the choir, huh...

Owning firearms is necessary in these times >>> HOWEVER ... my friends don't know I own any ... acquiantances certainly dont ... but most importantly ... gov't officials dont ....up here they supposed to be registered ... which cant be good in the event of " TEOTWAWKI" OR EVEN SHTF /.... when this happens NOT IF ... i need to be certain im well defended to the best of my own personal ability ... lotsa old farmers that will sell their old 22's or Winchesters cheap .. and gun control didnt exist when they got em ... I like farmers ! ! ! LOL I are one !
    THE PROSPECTOR ! !

Every once in a while an orphan show up here as well.....poor homeless things.....just trying to give them a good home......
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

The last gun show I went to, I bought a pistol and we just showed each other our drivers license and I went on my way! No record of that one...........boooyah

Quote Originally Posted by Wildthang View Post
    The last gun show I went to, I bought a pistol and we just showed each other our drivers license and I went on my way! No record of that one...........boooyah
    I always ask if it's a private sale........and bring cash.

Yeah, ya might not want to post that on the intertoobs.

Quote Originally Posted by LowKey View Post
    Why not? ....I can buy power tools, anywhere I want......LOL

Quote Originally Posted by LowKey View Post
    Don't worry dude, canoe sinking coming soon

Hunter, I still have your canoe, its back up from the bottom of the lake. Damn, lost every thing. I never thought that cleaning all my guns on a calm relaxing lake would go so wrong. I'll have it back this weekend.

Thanks again.
    Karl

The quality of a person's life is in direct proportion the the effort he puts into whatever field of endeavor he chooses. Vincent T Lombardi

A wise man profits from the wisdom of others.

Quote Originally Posted by gryffynklm View Post
    Hunter, I still have your canoe, its back up from the bottom of the lake. Damn, lost every thing. I never thought that cleaning all my guns on a calm relaxing lake would go so wrong. I'll have it back this weekend.

Thanks again.
    Which one the long gun canoe or the ammo canoe, been awhile........LOL

got two more clips today and two bricks of HI velocity Winchester .22cal ammo ..doesn't seem to be a shortage here ..... yet !
    Last edited by birdman6660; 02-27-2013 at 09:05 PM. Reason: spelling oops !
    THE PROSPECTOR ! !

I'm sure he meant Magazines Sourdough. Really.

You never know, he could be talking about an M-1...
    I am to misbehave - Captain Mal

Everyone's entitled to their own opinion, you aren't entitled to your own set of facts. - Anonymous

I suppose... to me those are en-blocs

Here in NJ among the 22 new gun control bills is one that lowers the maximum magazine size from 15 to 10 rounds. If you own a 15 round magazine it is legal today, but will be a felony to possess if the law passes. However, the state will not be offering any compensation, nor will it offer a legal way to dispose of the magazines you own today.

Other than the fact that no one is going to be breaking down doors trying to collect these things, I am curious as to how this is any different from confiscation?

Quote Originally Posted by Geek View Post
    Other than the fact that no one is going to be breaking down doors trying to collect these things, I am curious as to how this is any different from confiscation?
    Yet.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013...become-felons/

http://www.examiner.com/article/minn...-to-missouri-s

http://www.examiner.com/article/ny-d...al-from-public

http://dailycaller.com/2013/01/09/io...matic-weapons/
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel