Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Criminal gun grab, Has it started?

Default Criminal gun grab, Has it started?

The result of the current gun debate has been an increase in gun sales. I in another thread the potential increase of gun theft. Lets face it Criminals illegally obtain guns ether by buying stolen weapons or by doing the stealing them selves. Below is a news story from WI. It seems that the robbers knew there were guns in a safe and came for them. They forced the home owner to open the safe at gun point. Seems the robbers knew the guns were in a safe and needed the owner to open the safe.

Like I said in another post. Secure your house and any weapons you may have. Be cautious who is around when talking guns. Its your business and you don't want it to become a criminal's business. I know I'm preaching to the choir but felt compelled to post it.

Be secure be safe and be aware.

http://www.nbc15.com/home/headlines/...186604501.html
    Last edited by gryffynklm; 01-25-2013 at 08:31 PM. Reason: added missing link
    Karl

The quality of a person's life is in direct proportion the the effort he puts into whatever field of endeavor he chooses. Vincent T Lombardi

A wise man profits from the wisdom of others.

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

Sounds like the gun owner had too much faith in his safe and did not have enough guns sitting in corners and behind doors!

Not having somethng available sort of defeats the purpose of ownership.
    Last edited by kyratshooter; 01-12-2013 at 10:59 AM.
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?

Quote Originally Posted by kyratshooter View Post
    Sounds like the gun owner had too much faith in his safe and did not have enough guns sitting in corners and behind doors!

Not having somethng available sort of defeats the purpose of ownership.
    That's my view as well. The whole point of having guns in the home is to defend it against criminals.
    If they are not within reach at all times they are useless.

Quote Originally Posted by BENESSE View Post
    That's my view as well. The whole point of having guns in the home is to defend it against criminals.++++2
    If they are not within reach at all times they are useless.
    ++++2 I agree with BOTH !
    Soular powered by the son.

Nell, MLT (ASCP)

Fact is, some people simply collect guns or use them for hunting or sports shooting. They're not thinking about self defense.
    True enough, my final home is still out there, but this is most certainly my home range and I love it. I love every rock I fall off and tree I trip over. Even when I am close to dying from exhaustion, a beautiful sunset doesn't lose it's power to refresh and inspire me and that, in itself, is enough to save me sometimes.

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

We have not considered the possibility that this robbery might have been the home owner's version of the "great canoe wreck".
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?

Quote Originally Posted by gryffynklm View Post
    . . . Like I said in another post. Secure your house and any weapons you may have. Be cautious who is around when talking guns. Its your business and you don't want it to become a criminal's business . . .
    There's a lot of wisdom in that. Speak very, very softly, and hide your big sticks (except for the one by the door).
    Last edited by Stiffy; 01-12-2013 at 11:33 AM.

Sorry Forgot to post the link.
    http://www.nbc15.com/home/headlines/...186604501.html

Yes, I agree and was one of my points in secure your home and guns. The bigger point is that he had a door unlocked and how did the robbers know he had the guns. There is a point were loose lips could make you a target or something like that.

Like I said be Aware, Secure, Safe.

Anyone have a canoe I can borrow?
    Karl

The quality of a person's life is in direct proportion the the effort he puts into whatever field of endeavor he chooses. Vincent T Lombardi

A wise man profits from the wisdom of others.

Got a few canoes and boats for "rent".....caution they aren't too 'sea worthy"..........

Deplot your assets, deploy your assets, deploy your assets.......
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

Always good to have a dog who barks like a fool.
    Last edited by Psalm25; 01-12-2013 at 01:50 PM.
    "If you're seeking to survive in the wilderness then good gear will get you to the last 10%. Training and practice are needed for the 90%."

"If you can see smoke comin from your neighbor's chimney, your too close to your neighbor and its time to move on" - My Grandfather

Take a look at what just passed in NY and you will say yes.

What guns???? You think I have guns?? In NC you are required to have your guns secured from children at home and it is a criminal offense not to. Several people have been prosecuted after burying their own children, unfortunately. My second thought was that I need to be more careful about my "big sticks" living in an apartment. Maintenance can come in and out any time they want to. Other apartment dwellers..think about it...especially with the price of guns going through the roof!

First of all, let's get our facts straight. The "Criminal Gun Grab" has not started, nor is it EVER likely to start. You see, there's the little matter of a Constitutional provision commonly known as Ex Post Facto. Not familiar with it? Look it up.

Second, though I don't agree with the idea of an assault weapons ban, I do agree with the far-more-effective idea of limiting magazine capacity. The chances are that, if you can't get it done with ten rounds, you ain't gonna get it done with 20 (or 30, or 40, or...) rounds without significant collateral damage. But hey, this is just my personal opinion. As we all know, a personal opinion plus a dollar or so can get ya a cuppa coffee at your local McDonalds...

-- Nighteyes
    Last edited by Daniel Nighteyes; 01-25-2013 at 05:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Nighteyes View Post
    First of all, let's get our facts straight. The "Criminal Gun Grab" has not started, nor is it EVER likely to start. You see, there's the little matter of a Constitutional provision commonly known as Ex Post Facto. Not familiar with it? Look it up.

Second, though I don't agree with the idea of an assault weapons ban, I do agree with the far-more-effective idea of limiting magazine capacity. The chances are that, if you can't get it done with ten rounds, you ain't gonna get it done with 20 (or 30, or 40, or...) rounds without significant collateral damage. But hey, this is just my personal opinion. As we all know, a personal opinion plus a dollar or so can get ya a cuppa coffee at your local McDonalds...

-- Nighteyes
    It only takes one bad shot to wreck the day.
    I Wonder Who was the first person to look at a cow and say, "I think I'll squeeze these dangly things here, and drink what ever comes out?"

Quote Originally Posted by welderguy View Post
    It only takes one bad shot to wreck the day.
    Ya done said a mouthfull, my friend! Heh-heh-heh!

-- Nighteyes

I usually refrain from comments on these subjects for the main reason everyone has an opinion or a reason behind how they feel about Guns , High Cap mags etc etc.

But I am going to spew forth my two cents worth... Ok so all auto mags are now only 10 rounds, no big deal to me , mine only holds 8 rounds. why dont we take it one step further, and say from tomorrow on all ammo is anodized BLUE and from tomorrow on your only allowed to posses 10 rounds of blue ammo, if your caught with any other ammo you lose your firearms and any future right to own one. if you want to go to the range you have to purchase ammo there and can not leave with it you have to sell it back to the range. and what if most if not all business were made by law to not allow even lawful carry of a weapon except by a LEO
    Do you think that will stop the next AZZ hat from walking into chuck e cheese and going rambo on a birthday party of 6 year olds.
    Sounds pretty far fetched right? well it is , and no matter how they regulate legal firearms owners there will still be crime maybe more, there will still be active shooters. I could go on and on about statistics of what killed more people last year , and how guns save lives etc etc etc .
    what it comes right down too is if A person wants to cause grave harm to others they will find the means no matter what steps are taken to prevent it. Look at the murder and assault rate in prisons, there are no firearms involved in any of those killings/assaults. And I do speak from experience on the prison assaults Ive worked everything from Minimum security all the way up to death row.

Please dont think i am making a personal attack on any ones views or personal beliefs I am just venting my view.
    I Wonder Who was the first person to look at a cow and say, "I think I'll squeeze these dangly things here, and drink what ever comes out?"

What exactly is it that you are trying to "get done", and what does that have to do with one's rights?
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

it's no longer about rights, it's about needs.

Funny - I don't recall reading needs (among other words) in the Bill of Rights.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by crashdive123 View Post
    What exactly is it that you are trying to "get done", and what does that have to do with one's rights?
    Exactly!...........next thing you know it will be something else.....

The first step to tear someting down is to make a hole for the prybar.
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27