Thread: Does this whitetail liver look good to you?

Default Does this whitetail liver look good to you?

So my friend let me keep the liver from his whitetail buck. I have cooked liver several times and really like it. However, I just recently found out about liver flukes so now I am a little more cautious. Does this liver look healthy to you? Are those holes normal or might they be from liver flukes? I also feel like that "peppered" look that can be seen really well on the first picture looks different from other livers I have prepared. The deer was a healthy looking buck by the way. Thanks for the help!

IMG_5898.jpg

IMG_5896.jpg

IMG_5894.jpg

IMG_5897.jpg
    I am on a mission to learn as much as I can about real foods. To do this I started a podcast called The Year of Plenty Podcast. You can listen with this link https://linktr.ee/yearofplenty ... It is on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Google Podcasts and any other podcast app. The episodes are also on www.theyearofplenty.com

If you have doubts or concerns about the liver, don't eat it as liver. Go turn it into catfish and eat that.

That's what I do with hog liver and any deer liver that is not dark red through and through.

Alan