Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hello again, friends

Default Hello again, friends

I opened an thread introducing myself but I can't seem to find it.
    Anyway, I was in a fishing trip
    These are some pictures I wanted to share with you
    Sunrise at the Pantanal

IMG_1432.jpg

Hope you enjoy it!

Chuyubin-Kachara
    IMG_1441.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

Look out that fish is biting you!........
    Nice fish.
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

greetings. Here is a link to yoour intro incase you forgot who you are.

http://www.wilderness-survival.net/f...333#post377333
    Karl

The quality of a person's life is in direct proportion the the effort he puts into whatever field of endeavor he chooses. Vincent T Lombardi

A wise man profits from the wisdom of others.

12 kilos of pure delicious meat

I haven't eaten meat since 2004. If things go the way that they look like they are, you will wish you hadn't too.

Quote Originally Posted by Exbrit View Post
    I haven't eaten meat since 2004. If things go the way that they look like they are, you will wish you hadn't too.
    Why not? If it becomes unavailable, I'll live without it.

Quote Originally Posted by Charles_Morse View Post
    Why not? If it becomes unavailable, I'll live without it.
    I haven't eaten any meat since.....Lunch?

Over here we had something called "Mad Cow Disease" Those that didn't die of it were elected to Government.

Over here we had something called "Mad Cow Disease" Those that didn't die of it were elected to Government.
    I would welcome death if I had to live a life of eating rabbit food. Can't say I will ever hide from things that "could" bring on the inevitable a little sooner then expected. If that was the case I would stop going on my wilderness adventures incase a bear or pack of song dogs get me, get an apartment in the city lock the door and never leave so no gangs or criminals could shank or shoot me.
    But, to each their own. If you don't mind not eating meat then more power to ya.
    "If you're seeking to survive in the wilderness then good gear will get you to the last 10%. Training and practice are needed for the 90%."

"If you can see smoke comin from your neighbor's chimney, your too close to your neighbor and its time to move on" - My Grandfather

Thanks. There is growing research that suggests vegan-ism is the future! I don't eat meat but do wear leather and don't object to others eating it.

There is no bad food, only bad cooks.
    "They call us civilized because we are easy to sneak up on."- Lone Waite

Thanks. There is growing research that suggests vegan-ism is the future! I don't eat meat but do wear leather and don't object to others eating it.
    Why would I eat leather?

Quote Originally Posted by Stiffy View Post
    Why would I eat leather?
    They say you need a stake to kill a vampire, my ex wife could do it with egg and chips! (You call chips fries and crisps chips, this could become surreal!)

I agree a lot of the beef out there is so full of hormones and other cr@p that I avoid it as much as possible. But I would be as worried about the fruits and veggies as I would the beef. Don't think those pesticides and other stuff they use to alter the crops won't have no affect on you. Only way to be sure of what your eating if your really that concerned is to grow your own crops and harvest from the wild... imho. Research might suggest vegan-ism is the future, but raising your own meat and crops is not being researched by the researchers because it is the Government who is paying them to do the research, and there is no money in the trillion dollar food industry controlled by the Government if most people are growing and raising their own food.
    "If you're seeking to survive in the wilderness then good gear will get you to the last 10%. Training and practice are needed for the 90%."

"If you can see smoke comin from your neighbor's chimney, your too close to your neighbor and its time to move on" - My Grandfather

Quote Originally Posted by Psalm25 View Post
    I agree a lot of the beef out there is so full of hormones and other cr@p that I avoid it as much as possible. But I would be as worried about the fruits and veggies as I would the beef. Don't think those pesticides and other stuff they use to alter the crops won't have no affect on you. Only way to be sure of what your eating if your really that concerned is to grow your own crops and harvest from the wild... imho. Research might suggest vegan-ism is the future, but raising your own meat and crops is not being researched by the researchers because it is the Government who is paying them to do the research, and there is no money in the trillion dollar food industry controlled by the Government if most people are growing and raising their own food.
    The old, "They're out to get me syndrome"

And I quote: "skin a buck and run a trot line"?
    "They call us civilized because we are easy to sneak up on."- Lone Waite

Quote Originally Posted by intothenew View Post
    The old, "They're out to get me syndrome"

And I quote: "skin a buck and run a trot line"?
    Well, not saying anyone is out to get anyone but I would rather my money be in my pocket than someone else's. People who don't mind hard work work hard, people who don't work hard pay others to work hard for them. Myself, I enjoy being self sufficient. However, they who think the Government does not realize how much money there is to be made from people who are not self sufficient need to check the stocks from time to time and see for themselves

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

Look puppies!

Is there a thread here somewhere?
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?

Ya, got a bit off topic there... sorry Charles, didn't mean to railroad your post.

Yeah, NICE fish congrats.....we are talking hunting and fishing here........
    Y'all want to start talking eating habits, and politics....start your own thread.

Thank You