Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Why they call me Blade

Banned

Default Why they call me Blade

I thought I posted this but can't find it anywhere so apologigies if it is somewhere else.

Busse Battle Mistress is what i carry 24/7 and is the one I put as my avatar. Best darn knife ever, period. It's big but after carrying it for the amount of years I have it's feels like a pen knife to me. If I go somewhere where I would be looked at with a suspicious eye.....it's concealed. I also carry at least two other knives most of the time which I switch up from time to time. I've dressed an Elk and fileted a trout with my Mistress, cut down enough saplings to make a shelter three years ago that still is usable despite any weather conditions.

I got into a bit of a "situation" years back in a bar and it took out four tires on a guys truck as fast as I could move around that thing. That's the only time I've used it in a negative way. Why would I want to abuse my Mistress the one I love so much!

Blog Entries

Cool Ahhhh....

Ah yes, the Busse Battle mistress. Early on Ron Hood promoted that knife but later on moved over to Ferhman, I believe, I may be wrong on the new brand. Finally he just designed his own, the "Buck Hoodlum." It's my understanding that the Busse company became "Junkyard Knives" and the "Battle Mistress" is history, is that correct?
    SARGE
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
    Albert Einstein

Proud father of a US Marine....SEMPER FI!

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Benjamin Franklin

Blog Entries

Cool Fyi.

Also, if your interested, the Busse Battle Mistress has been discussed many times on here. One thread specifically addresses the knif:

http://www.wilderness-survival.net/f...attle+Mistress

If you enter the name of your knife in the search function and ask it to look, you'll find several threads on that particular knife...interesting.
    SARGE
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
    Albert Einstein

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Benjamin Franklin

Blog Entries

Cool Whoops!

Opps! My bad, it's called the "Scrap Yard Knife Company!"

http://www.scrapyardknives.com/intro.htm
    SARGE
    Albert Einstein

Benjamin Franklin

That's a big knife to carry. Most likely illegal to conceal or carry into a bar. You wanna be a badass, join the service.
    I had a compass, but without a map, it's just a cool toy to show you where oceans and ice are.

Quote Originally Posted by Blade View Post
    I thought I posted this but can't find it anywhere so apologigies if it is somewhere else.

Busse Battle Mistress is what i carry 24/7 and is the one I put as my avatar. Best darn knife ever, period. It's big but after carrying it for the amount of years I have it's feels like a pen knife to me. If I go somewhere where I would be looked at with a suspicious eye.....it's concealed. I also carry at least two other knives most of the time which I switch up from time to time. I've dressed an Elk and fileted a trout with my Mistress, cut down enough saplings to make a shelter three years ago that still is usable despite any weather conditions.

I got into a bit of a "situation" years back in a bar and it took out four tires on a guys truck as fast as I could move around that thing. That's the only time I've used it in a negative way. Why would I want to abuse my Mistress the one I love so much!
    The last guy that cut my tires got a good lesson on why you shouldn't do that. Because of the confrontation in the bar, I knew who did it, and he did it because he was afraid to fight, but unfortunately he ended up in a fight he couldn't win. You are far better off either taking care of a situation head on, or simply walk away!

And to think...some people go their whole lives without slashing or getting their tires slashed because of a "situation". Oh, what sheltered lives we lead.

Wow! you carry a big knife, and "they" call you Blade becfause you slashed tires, and this is some thing we should be impressed with.

I carry a small blade and they call me.... Well they call me a lot of things.
    Karl

The quality of a person's life is in direct proportion the the effort he puts into whatever field of endeavor he chooses. Vincent T Lombardi

A wise man profits from the wisdom of others.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Winter View Post
    That's a big knife to carry. Most likely illegal to conceal or carry into a bar. You wanna be a badass, join the service.
    Did I mention I was a badass? I think not. Since you know nothing of me and where I go perhaps you may want to reserve your comments for a later time.

The last guy that cut my tires got a good lesson on why you shouldn't do that. Because of the confrontation in the bar, I knew who did it, and he did it because he was afraid to fight, but unfortunately he ended up in a fight he couldn't win. You are far better off either taking care of a situation head on, or simply walk away!
    It was a long time ago and yes the guy absolutely knew who did it and because of that, it ended.

And to think...some people go their whole lives without slashing or getting their tires slashed because of a "situation". Oh, what sheltered lives we lead.
    Refer to my first post above.

Blog Entries

Cool well now...

People can call me anything except late for supper!
    SARGE
    Albert Einstein

Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by BENESSE View Post
    Depends on the situation: maybe it was justified.

Blog Entries

Cool Hmmmm...

So why do they call him "Blade?" Because "Tire killer" was already taken!

Sorry, couldn't resist!
    SARGE
    Albert Einstein

Benjamin Franklin

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

I am at a loss for words!

OH wait, I have thought of a few.

Classic overcompensation

Passive Agressive

juvinile

vandalism

sociopathic

narcisistic

I'll stop now but the list could go on just from the OP and the defense of it.

It's been a long time since we had a post like this. Reminds me of some of the old time survivalist forums where the primary topics were looting and proper cooking methods for "long pig".
    Last edited by kyratshooter; 01-09-2013 at 11:07 AM.
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?

[QUOTE=Blade;377767]Did I mention I was a badass? I think not. Since you know nothing of me and where I go perhaps you may want to reserve your comments for a later time.

Blade. This is how you decided to make an introduction. It apperaently contains the inportant information you would like us to know about yourself. KyRat summerized my inpression of you after reading this introduction. Don't blame the posters that took your introduction this way. First impressions are strong and long lasting. My opinion doesn't mater on the other hand, it seems I'm not alone.

I look forword to reading posts that demonstrate your skill and interest in the subjects discussed in this forum.
    Karl

The quality of a person's life is in direct proportion the the effort he puts into whatever field of endeavor he chooses. Vincent T Lombardi

A wise man profits from the wisdom of others.

Not saying your story does not make you worthy of the name blade, it does fit the picture. I would be more inclined to drop my jaw in awe reading how you use or used your knife in a survival situation. I did enjoy the part about using it on the elk, trout and building a shelter with it. I always wanted to hunt elk but there are non in these parts. Plenty of trout. Do you catch your trout on a fly or spin cast?

Blog Entries

Cool Why they call me "Sarge!"

"Cuz that's the screen name I chose when I 1st came on here. No, I've never been in the military, and I don't give a rat's butt if anybody gets their nose out of joint because of that! When I was just a wee lad my playmates started calling me that. I wear it proudly!
    SARGE
    Albert Einstein

Benjamin Franklin

Wel l all I know is that people that slash tires are normally afraid to properly confront a situation, but that is only my opinion!

Blog Entries

Cool Hmmmm...

Quote Originally Posted by Wildthang View Post
    Wel l all I know is that people that slash tires are normally afraid to properly confront a situation, but that is only my opinion!
    Good point, why go covert when you carry a Busse Battle Mistress?
    SARGE
    Albert Einstein

Benjamin Franklin

protester.jpg

knife.jpg

Sorry, I couldn't resist
    Last edited by Psalm25; 01-09-2013 at 02:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge47 View Post
    Good point, why go covert when you carry a Busse Battle Mistress?
    Kind of like carrying a covert baseball bat