Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Why they call me Blade

Quote Originally Posted by 1stimestar View Post
    These are dried. There isn't much moisture left in them. They do have the skin on which peels right off after drying. The problem with cutting into strips is that it is hard to do and time consuming lol. Here is some strips that I didn't do but I did eat, yum. I got them from a friend for a back packing trip a few years ago.

Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.
    Well, I suppose that if you can do it, and do it well, then go for it. Whoever made this seems to have the knack. My hat's off to them as I'll happily take your word that it was "yummy."

My guess is they spent a lot more time fussing over their fish than most people are willing to dedicate and I will also point out that drying is not quite the same thing as smoking. Nevertheless, I won't argue with the apparent results.

My experience has been that most people ruin their fish when they try to cut it in strips but, that's just my experience.

Quote Originally Posted by lucznik View Post
    Well, I suppose that if you can do it, and do it well, then go for it. Whoever made this seems to have the knack. My hat's off to them as I'll happily take your word that it was "yummy."

My guess is they spent a lot more time fussing over their fish than most people are willing to dedicate and I will also point out that drying is not quite the same thing as smoking. Nevertheless, I won't argue with the apparent results.

My experience has been that most people ruin their fish when they try to cut it in strips but, that's just my experience.
    Man that looks good!

Sometimes what I do is cut the salmon (or other fish types) into halves and then strips, and smoke them until they are firm but not dry. I then peel off the skin and put them in a food dehydrator to take the moisture out. This way it is easy to not have to worry about over doing it, and the smoke does not over power the flavor. I don't always do it this way, but it is a fool proof option for the most part as you can simply set the timer on the dehydrator and leave for work or what have you.
    "If you're seeking to survive in the wilderness then good gear will get you to the last 10%. Training and practice are needed for the 90%."

"If you can see smoke comin from your neighbor's chimney, your too close to your neighbor and its time to move on" - My Grandfather

Alaska, The Madness! 1stimestar's Avatar
    Little cabin in the woods, middle of Alaska.

Quote Originally Posted by Psalm25 View Post
    Man that looks good!

Sometimes what I do is cut the salmon (or other fish types) into halves and then strips, and smoke them until they are firm but not dry. I then peel off the skin and put them in a food dehydrator to take the moisture out. This way it is easy to not have to worry about over doing it, and the smoke does not over power the flavor. I don't always do it this way, but it is a fool proof option for the most part as you can simply set the timer on the dehydrator and leave for work or what have you.
    Hm that is a good idea. I have also tried freezing the fillets a bit to make them easier to cut into strips, gives them more substance.
    Why do I live in Alaska? Because I can.

Alaska, the Madness! Bloggity Stories of the North Country

"Building Codes, Alaskans don't need no stinking Building Codes." Sourdough

Yes, I have wifi in my outhouse!

Quote Originally Posted by Wildthang View Post
    Old Blade likes radial tire jerky. Cut into thin strips it lasts forever, and it's real chewy
    They weren't tires. They were anaconda stalking him.

Memorial to Blade

They call me Blade, and the reason they call me Blade is because I carry a terribly oversized knife that compensates for my short comings that I will never tell you about. I live in the swamp and my favorite hobby is using myself for bait by letting anacondas get me halfway into their stomachs before bringing out my razor sharp oversized knife and splitting their head just like a new radial tire in a beer joint parking lot on a Saturday night.
    Speaking of tires, I love to slice peoples tires that make me mad and that is because I can slice their tires and not have to get in a fight with them. If I ever got in a fight with somebody I would probably get hit and cry, so it is easier to just cut their tires and go home to hide for a few days.
    I live in a Keebler looking tree house that I carved with my oversized razor sharp knife. I got the idea off the internet and claimed that I came up with the design. Of course you will beleive everything I say and never dispute me because i am Blade, the ultimate survivor. If you ever dispute my word, I will join your forum and post weird untruthful stuff until it drives all of your members berserk. I will follow a fine line of posting things that shock and disgust the members, but not enough to get banned, at least for a while.
    I don't date girls because i have my knife, my Bussa my Mistress, and no girl could ever compete. Girls will not beleive everything I say, girls won't slash tires, girls wont stay in the swamp and play with anacondas, and girls just dont understand me at all. All of the girls I have dated were jealous of my knife and they dont last long because they know they are inferior.
    So with everything said, I am going to return to my swamp and go to sleep just daring those singing green anacondas to eat me like a sauteed gerbal right before I split their head.
    So come here green anaconda................green anaconda...................green anaconda!
    Oh, and another thing, all of those television survivalist, Green Berets, Navy Seals, ans SIS rejects know nothing about survival get it! I am the only one that truly knows survival so quit wasting your time reading books, lurking on survival forums, and watching TV. Come down here to my swamp and let me show you how to survive anaconda attacks, eat rats, skin a cat, split a snake, and you too can possibly become as totally awesome as me, that's probably impossible but everybody needs to try!
    Last edited by Wildthang; 01-27-2013 at 01:25 PM.

True, dat.......LOL
    Some one give this guy some rep....says I gotta spread it around.

green anaconda................green anaconda...................green anaconda

Aw, man I'm ruint.......
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

HAHAHA.... Thanks for the Laugh Wildthing!!!!
    I Wonder Who was the first person to look at a cow and say, "I think I'll squeeze these dangly things here, and drink what ever comes out?"

Quote Originally Posted by hunter63 View Post
    True, dat.......LOL
    Some one give this guy some rep....says I gotta spread it around.

green anaconda................green anaconda...................green anaconda

Aw, man I'm ruint.......
    Hunter that song is some kind of subliminal brain washing Nazi plot! I honestly woke up yesterday morning humming that song and the girls thought I was nuts

Im a snake, im a sneaky snake, im a snake !!!!
    I Wonder Who was the first person to look at a cow and say, "I think I'll squeeze these dangly things here, and drink what ever comes out?"

thats what i cant get out of my head

Blog Entries

Cool well now...

They used to call me Blade, now they call me "Banned!"

Why do they call me "Blade?" "Because somehow "Banana Brain" was already taken!
    SARGE
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
    Albert Einstein

Proud father of a US Marine....SEMPER FI!

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Benjamin Franklin

Blog Entries

Cool For the record....

Okay, I want to say that Blade WAS the best survival dude in the world......I know....he told me himself!
    SARGE
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
    Albert Einstein

Proud father of a US Marine....SEMPER FI!

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Benjamin Franklin

Alaska, The Madness! 1stimestar's Avatar
    Little cabin in the woods, middle of Alaska.

For dogs sake, don't forget the OFFAL!

Sorry Hunter, I tried to rep him for you but have to spread some around too.
    Why do I live in Alaska? Because I can.

Alaska, the Madness! Bloggity Stories of the North Country

"Building Codes, Alaskans don't need no stinking Building Codes." Sourdough

Yes, I have wifi in my outhouse!

Quote Originally Posted by Wildthang View Post
    Memorial to Blade

They call me Blade, and the reason they call me Blade is because I carry a terribly oversized knife that compensates for my short comings that I will never tell you about. I live in the swamp and my favorite hobby is using myself for bait by letting anacondas get me halfway into their stomachs before bringing out my razor sharp oversized knife and splitting their head just like a new radial tire in a beer joint parking lot on a Saturday night.
    Speaking of tires, I love to slice peoples tires that make me mad and that is because I can slice their tires and not have to get in a fight with them. If I ever got in a fight with somebody I would probably get hit and cry, so it is easier to just cut their tires and go home to hide for a few days.
    I live in a Keebler looking tree house that I carved with my oversized razor sharp knife. I got the idea off the internet and claimed that I came up with the design. Of course you will beleive everything I say and never dispute me because i am Blade, the ultimate survivor. If you ever dispute my word, I will join your forum and post weird untruthful stuff until it drives all of your members berserk. I will follow a fine line of posting things that shock and disgust the members, but not enough to get banned, at least for a while.
    I don't date girls because i have my knife, my Bussa my Mistress, and no girl could ever compete. Girls will not beleive everything I say, girls won't slash tires, girls wont stay in the swamp and play with anacondas, and girls just dont understand me at all. All of the girls I have dated were jealous of my knife and they dont last long because they know they are inferior.
    So with everything said, I am going to return to my swamp and go to sleep just daring those singing green anacondas to eat me like a sauteed gerbal right before I split their head.
    So come here green anaconda................green anaconda...................green anaconda!
    Oh, and another thing, all of those television survivalist, Green Berets, Navy Seals, ans SIS rejects know nothing about survival get it! I am the only one that truly knows survival so quit wasting your time reading books, lurking on survival forums, and watching TV. Come down here to my swamp and let me show you how to survive anaconda attacks, eat rats, skin a cat, split a snake, and you too can possibly become as totally awesome as me, that's probably impossible but everybody needs to try!
    You forgot to mention "the Mistress"

Now THAT in itself, tells the whole story……..who the f#$k names a tool a 'mistress'?? I could get past all the chest beating and pissing comp stuff, but not the naming thing. Thats down right creepy.

I'm 47 and I give my tools names, I've never been married, I dunno why…….You want to know about my big hammer………I call him………the terminator…………I smash car windscreens with him, when someone looks at me funny.

FMD what a clown

Busse makes a knife called the Battle Mistress. That is what Blade claimed he used.
    What's so crazy about standing toe-to-toe saying I am?
    ~Rocky Balboa

Quote Originally Posted by BENESSE View Post
    And to think...some people go their whole lives without slashing or getting their tires slashed because of a "situation". Oh, what sheltered lives we lead.
    One good reason not to go to bars ! Didn't leave anything there, no reason to go back !
    Lamewolf
    Manu Forti
    Roadkill, its whats for supper !
    www.angelfire.com/electronic2/qrp

*** sigh **** I miss Blade.
    I've taken a vow of poverty. To annoy me, send money.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/FinallyMe78?feature=mhee

Yeah......some down right stupidity to play with is kinda fun ...for a while.....

By the way....I do name rifles....but only after the have demonstrated to be worthy....and have moved into the "Gramp's magic rifle category"

Referring to Elvira, Of course..... Queen of darkness, capable of sudden terminal illness at 3000 fps +/-, depending on load of course...
    Ruger M77...in 7mm mag....
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

Well, stupid is as stupid does, but Blade was "reality TV stupid"!

I don't name guns, or knives, or cars, or things I plant to kill and eat.
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?

Do you guys brine your trout and salmon before smoking? I do, and I also rub a dry mix of herbs, chilli and brown sugar on the inside and outside when hot smoking. They come out real good!