Thread: Trout Almondine!

Blog Entries

Cool Trout Almondine!

This works great if you have an old reflector oven, although any way you can get the heat to the fish works well too. Once you've removed the entrails of the fish, lay it on it's back. Hopefully you have a lemon and some slivered almonds in your pack, but fi not then use the wild green variety. Wild Chestnuts and /or walnuts would work as well. Cut the lemon in half and squeeze the juice from one half liberally over the exposed meat of the Trout. Then sprinkle the nuts over the top. Cook until done then enjoy!
    SARGE
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
    Albert Einstein

Proud father of a US Marine....SEMPER FI!

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Benjamin Franklin

Nice. I wonder if you didn't have any lemons if sorel would fit the bill. Cool recipe, I need to make me a reflector oven......things to do.

Banned

LOL.......lemons in your pack!

Quote Originally Posted by Blade View Post
    LOL.......lemons in your pack!
    I have packets of lemon juice in my mess kit , as well as ketchup, mustard, jelly, salt , pepper, mayo.
    I Wonder Who was the first person to look at a cow and say, "I think I'll squeeze these dangly things here, and drink what ever comes out?"

QUICK!!!! Someone hand me towel to wipe the saliva off my keyboard. Yum-yum.
    When Wealth is Lost, Nothing is Lost;
    When Health is Lost, Something is Lost;
    When Character is Lost, ALL IS LOST!!!!!!!

Colonel Charles Hyatt circa 1880