Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Primitive bows

Here is the link to Ed Scott's web page, youtube video links are on the right side.

http://www.edscott.us/
    "If you're seeking to survive in the wilderness then good gear will get you to the last 10%. Training and practice are needed for the 90%."

"If you can see smoke comin from your neighbor's chimney, your too close to your neighbor and its time to move on" - My Grandfather

I've got four new staves of big-leaf maple, and I'm working on #1 right now. As is, it's probably going to be a miracle if it can accomodate my full draw... I had to lop down the ends a lot to take out parts that had cracked/had knots. At this point it's about 5' 8", and I'm 6' 5". Perhaps laminating or backing will allow me to achieve what I'm looking for. I may just turn it into a flatbow instead of a longbow, and I could also give it to my sister instead, since she'll likely fit the shorter draw. Here's hoping this turns out well...
    I am to misbehave - Captain Mal

Everyone's entitled to their own opinion, you aren't entitled to your own set of facts. - Anonymous