Thread: Question on survival threads!

Question Question on survival threads!

Since alot of us young people are stuck in the "concrete jungle" and surrounded with technology almost everyday till the weekend till we can excape it all. Can we post topics on surviving the "concrete jungle" and the technological age?
    I think it would be good, since i love computers and penetration testing , Also i dont know were to thread to even if you can?
    Ethan,
    I'm back!!

The urban jungle provides different challenges for sure vs the suburbs or the farmland and the woods themselves. If you have questions, ask away! Personally I have been putting up some videos on my youtube channel discussing firewood sourcing in the city and when I speak to younger folks than myself interested in the outdoors and emergency preparation we always have a talk about water sourcing, fire fuel sourcing, self preservation, personal situational awareness etc. For me in the big city the whole bugging out idea is a bit different than someone who lives a 45 minute drive closer to nature and the outdoors than me.

oh, and if you are a tech geek like I sorta am, two apps you should look in to are Knotsguide and the US Army survival guide. Then learn to use a compass and forget the GPS ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Sportsman296 View Post
    Since alot of us young people are stuck in the "concrete jungle" and surrounded with technology almost everyday till the weekend till we can excape it all. Can we post topics on surviving the "concrete jungle" and the technological age?
    I think it would be good, since i love computers and penetration testing , Also i dont know were to thread to even if you can?
    Sure - probably best to put it in General Chat.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

You'll also find a number of us strongly recommend joining the scouts. The scouts will teach you the camping skills that are otherwise difficult to acquire living in an urban area.

I agree, its like comparing apples to turnips. the pace is different, the tools are different, the challenges are different, and the availability or resources are different. for most of us city dwellers though, we'll have to have to progress slowly and make it a priority to transition to a more agrarian lifestyle. I'm actually looking at some land in NC. if I can get it zoned residential or farmland, I can set it up as a kind of homestead/small scale farm. though 25 acres is pretty decent, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Geek View Post
    You'll also find a number of us strongly recommend joining the scouts. The scouts will teach you the camping skills that are otherwise difficult to acquire living in an urban area.
    This....and remember...you only get out what you put in.
    So this is how liberty dies.....With thunderous applause.