Thread: A quick way to make some cash

Default A quick way to make some cash

For the record, I have a well-paying full-time job. However, I really would like to develop a second stream of income (or at least get in the habbit of trying this). Do you guys have any ideas that I can use to make cash on the side? Or jobs that people usually do that I can do for them (and yes, I want to be paid for those jobs )?

Take a hobby or something you enjoy doing and expand it to where you can sell it - be it physical things or knowledge.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Alaska, The Madness! 1stimestar's Avatar
    Little cabin in the woods, middle of Alaska.

I make my hobby of henna make me money. It takes a lot of research and practice, depending on how artistic you are, but it's a good little side business. I've also thought of busking with my fiddle in front of stores lol. Don't know if I would ever do that but I know people who do and make pretty good money.
    Why do I live in Alaska? Because I can.

Alaska, the Madness! Bloggity Stories of the North Country

"Building Codes, Alaskans don't need no stinking Building Codes." Sourdough

Yes, I have wifi in my outhouse!

You mentioned (intro) that you speak 3 other languages. Depending on where you live, you might look into offering interpreter services. Sometimes people who aren't proficient in English end up in court and need basic stuff explained to them so the courts hire interpreters for that. Same with hospitals and emergency centers. At least they do in NYC.

Alaska, The Madness! 1stimestar's Avatar
    Little cabin in the woods, middle of Alaska.

Oh yes, Adult Learning Programs such as where people go to get their GED, Literacy Council, tourist destinations...lots of places can use interpretation services.
    Why do I live in Alaska? Because I can.

Alaska, the Madness! Bloggity Stories of the North Country

"Building Codes, Alaskans don't need no stinking Building Codes." Sourdough

Yes, I have wifi in my outhouse!

What skill do you have?
    So this is how liberty dies.....With thunderous applause.

I can speak Ukrainian fluently (same goes for English) and German and Russian with some difficulty. I know the following programming languages: C/C++, Java and .NET (this one is more of a framework, but when you have that down, using either C# or VB .NET is easy). I have a driver's license and are ok with going into unfamiliar places (something I forced myself to get used to in the past).

You know, you guys gave me some good ideas on what I can do.

Quote Originally Posted by Yves View Post
    For the record, I have a well-paying full-time job. However, I really would like to develop a second stream of income (or at least get in the habbit of trying this). Do you guys have any ideas that I can use to make cash on the side? Or jobs that people usually do that I can do for them (and yes, I want to be paid for those jobs )?
    Best way to make extra money on the side is to work for yourself, that way no one is depending on you (other than your full time job) Aside from full time work I do beekeeping, woodworking, fly tying, primitive bow making, candle making... Three years ago I picked up a bunch of rare breed chickens, made myself an incubator and hatched out all the eggs from spring to fall each year and sold each chick for $5. I paid about $2 for each bird when I got them, the guy had to get rid of them. Always money to be made.

In the meantime, "the quickest way to make money is to fold it in half and put it in your back pocket."

Banned

I know a guy who buys super duper flashlights from a Chinese importer then turns them over on Ebay for a huge profit on each. He jacks the price up over 50% and sells the booger out of them. They also mount on rifles and shotguns and truthfully are probably one of the best lights you can get.

Buy cool stuff at fleas markets and garage sales, and put it Ebay. Alot of people make money that way, but it would take some initial investment to get started. You really need to know what sells before you get started but can just follow the E-bay auctions and learn from that!

I sell handmade ladies underwear, bracelets and hair bows.

You can dig ditches. They always need people.
    I've taken a vow of poverty. To annoy me, send money.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/FinallyMe78?feature=mhee

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by BENESSE View Post
    In the meantime, "the quickest way to make money is to fold it in half and put it in your back pocket."
    Wouldn't that actually be "doubling your money", not making it?

Quote Originally Posted by Blade View Post
    Wouldn't that actually be "doubling your money", not making it?
    Even better!
    If in doubt, double your money.

Quote Originally Posted by Cement Blonde View Post
    I sell handmade ladies underwear, bracelets and hair bows.
    Any pictures of your crafts?
    Keep in mind the problem may be extremely complicated, though the "Fix" is often simple...

"Teaching a child to fish is the "original" introduction to all that is wild." CS

"How can you tell a story that has no end?" Doc Carlson

Check craigslist for work!

Quote Originally Posted by Blade View Post
    I know a guy who buys super duper flashlights from a Chinese importer then turns them over on Ebay for a huge profit on each. He jacks the price up over 50% and sells the booger out of them. They also mount on rifles and shotguns and truthfully are probably one of the best lights you can get.
    What's your friend's ebay seller name? I've been looking for a good light to put in the truck and that could go on my AR.