Thread: Erot on Grass Seed

Default Erot on Grass Seed

I have been harvesting various grass seed to make flour. How do I avoid Ergot?

Sorry for the mistyped Ergot.

I've got no experience on the topic, but through reading found this that you might find useful. http://www.ag.ndsu.edu/pubs/plantsci/crops/pp551.pdf

After all, you wouldn't want to be put on trial for being a witch.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Ergot is a parasitic fungus which replaces grain seeds with it's self. From my information it grows on rye especially. Avoid ergot in your plants while they are growing. I don't believe it is a factor after harvesting, although dampness in stored grain will cause many types of fungus to spoil your food.

The "witch" thing is an attempt of modern anthropologists to explain lycanthropy as a hallucinatory condition. Other "explanations" are porphyria, mental illnesses such as shizophrenia and major depressive disorders, and mass hysteria.

Though they may all have something to do with it, none of them really fit as complete explanations and seem to me to be a case of science "shooting in the dark" to explain a phenomenon they can't actually get rid of.

The ergot thing doesn't work because the "pharmaceutical dose" is too close to the "lethal dose" and many of these so called "werewolves" (mostly of the Renaissance period) lived for some time and lived quite hardily, often in the wilds, before being brought to "justice".
    Last edited by WolfVanZandt; 01-05-2013 at 06:31 PM. Reason: Misspelling
    True enough, my final home is still out there, but this is most certainly my home range and I love it. I love every rock I fall off and tree I trip over. Even when I am close to dying from exhaustion, a beautiful sunset doesn't lose it's power to refresh and inspire me and that, in itself, is enough to save me sometimes.

I believe most werewolves were just misunderstood bigfoots...errr....bigfeet acting out their frustration.

Quote Originally Posted by WolfVanZandt View Post
    and many of these so called "werewolves" (mostly of the Renaissance period) lived for some time and lived quite hardily, often in the wilds, before being brought to "justice".
    And just how do you know so much about werewolves WOLFvanzandt????!!!!! Lol

Woof! Can't imagine....
    True enough, my final home is still out there, but this is most certainly my home range and I love it. I love every rock I fall off and tree I trip over. Even when I am close to dying from exhaustion, a beautiful sunset doesn't lose it's power to refresh and inspire me and that, in itself, is enough to save me sometimes.

Gotta go find my silver bullets, gotta go find the silver bullets......I thought were we done with werewolves and had moved on to Zombies.....Man It's always something.
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

Don't worry. Lead works just fine. Can't figure why the first thing people want to do is run off to get bullets, though.

There's a lady that writes all the books on the Bray Road monster (Linda Godfrey) and other American werewolves and she writes them up trying to make them sound horrifying, the only problem is........they never hurt anyone. I think the Bray Road guy ate a chicken once and there was a Werewolf down here in Selma made a fisherman wet himself - though I suspect that one was actually a bear and the fisherman wet himself due to an over abundance of beer in his belly (actually, he wet himself trying to get into his boat to get away).