Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dem. Sen. Feinstein's new ebug ban.

Yeah I'm sure everybody is going to run right down and do this! No way!

•Requires that grandfathered weapons be registered under the National Firearms Act, to include:
    •Background check of owner and any transferee;
    •Type and serial number of the firearm;
    •Positive identification, including photograph and fingerprint;
    •Certification from local law enforcement of identity and that possession would not violate State or local law; and
    •Dedicated funding for ATF to implement registration.

Son of a gun! Welcome to Canada. I only own hunting rifles, anything else is too intrusive for my liking.

I have nothing to add except that I am a 6' 175lb homo sapien who tries to be peacable when possible.
    What's so crazy about standing toe-to-toe saying I am?
    ~Rocky Balboa

I read somewhere the handguns are outlawed if they have a mag over 10 rounds and all semi-auto will be reclassed to Class III with associated tax. I don't know if that's true or not. Her web site just gives a bear bones overview. Also any weapon that is "non-functioning" is exempt. Here's my plan.....

Step 1. All weapons that did not get lost in the Great Canoe Accident of 2010 will be sold via private sale just before the ban is signed. No paperwork required in my state.
    Step 2. Remove firing pins from all weapons to ensure they are "non-functioning".
    Step 3. Buy shovel and large PVC pipe (Thanks Old Soldier).
    Step 4. Apply for Class III permit to buy semi-auto.
    Step 5. Buy full auto instead.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Well if you look at reality, the US government can't even solve the physcal cliff, or any number of other problems we have in this country because they are for the most part, dysfunctional. I think their will be a lot of hooplah, and some bans put in place, but enforcement will be overwhealming and they will slowly stop trying. There are so many millions of weapons in this country that it will take 30 years of constant effort to even put a dent in the numbers. And people are going to hide, bury, move, and not give up their weapons. There are too many ways to hide a gun and people are very creative when t he need arises.
    Yes sales of assult rifles may stop, and Hi-cap magazines will be hard to get, but other than that, I think it will go away eventually!

I don't have a scale, and I am a fulll inch and a half shorter than I was back in 07.
    Diane who?
    KF7ZJR I always carry a pocket knife, just in Case.

They might get something similar to the 1994 ban, the rest won't happen. They won't get a ban on transfering, nor will they get away with classifying all existing guns as NFA.

It isn't a matter of giving up enforcing any law. If it's on the books, it is still a law. In the instances where they do enforce something, expect the book to be thrown.

Not only will there be problems enforcing wide-sweeping laws, there will be problems with interpretation.
    I live in MA where there is a 400page manual given to police chiefs on how to enforce this state's current gun laws. They get a new 400page manual every year. Thankfully the current chief in my town happens to believe in learning those laws and has his men call in if something is in question. But you could call 5 other different towns here and get 5 different answers on how to legally carry an unloaded 2-shot birding shotgun in a pickup truck with no behind-the-seat stowage.

There are at least 4 states currently with laws that mimic the original AWB. Five if you include DC. Many others have varying degrees of AWBs. The amount of crime among law-abiding firearms owners in those states is probably no different than in states like Arizona or Vermont with open ownership rights. Law abiding firearms owners do not intentionally break the law. Any law. Even a DUI conviction can cause a loss of license in some places.

Criminals on the other hand...?
    How do you write a law that says it's against the law to break the law?
    Last edited by LowKey; 12-29-2012 at 03:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    If you would like to sign the petition asking for her impeachment you are welcome to do so.

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/pet...J5#thank-you=p
    Signed. :-)

Here ya go, boys and girls. More Hypocrites of Hollywood who love and adore the raving hypocrites Feinstein, Schumer, Libermann, Boxer, Lautenberg, Pelosi, Reid, McCarthy, Warren, Lee, and the other Constitution haters in D.C. Enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pItiy...layer_embedded

S.M.
    Last edited by Seniorman; 12-29-2012 at 07:00 PM. Reason: Correct typo.

It is against the law to use narcotics,rape,kill, and be illegal in this country,Now,I ask, how are the forgoing laws working out, Huh,or is it selective inforcement by the port side community

As a former gun owner (20 years ago) and a soon-to-be once again gun owner (as soon as my MK II arrives), I would hope that my plans for future hunts are not adversely affected by all this. However, I know that many people are frightened and angry, especially in the aftermath of the latest massacre. And since there will almost certainly be another mass shooting, and another and another, sooner or later politicians are going to do something significant. So I won't be at all surprised if gun ownership becomes more difficult in the near future. I'm not going to comment on whether new rules might violate constitutional rights, I'm just saying I think that's what's going to happen.

And I'm not going to mention my height or weight. That falls right into the category of "none ya."

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Seniorman View Post
    Here ya go, boys and girls. More Hypocrites of Hollywood who love and adore the raving hypocrites Feinstein, Schumer, Libermann, Boxer, Lautenberg, Pelosi, Reid, McCarthy, Warren, Lee, and the other Constitution haters in D.C. Enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pItiy...layer_embedded

S.M.
    This doesn't even makes sense.

WARHEIT - " This doesn't even makes sense."
    What doesn't make sense? The You Tube video made by a bunch of hypocritical actors ... or my referring to them and the hypocritical politicians they support and adore as "raving hypocrites?"

S.M.

Daniel, she is my (sic) senator as well, and she is an elitist zealot. Why you even think she is ok as a person is beyond me, Take a look at what she was worth when she entered office and what she is worth now, then explain to me how she made that much on a senators salary even with her personal investments?
    I know what hunts you.

She used to carry. I guess now that she has security the rest of us don't need to carry either.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.