Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dem. Sen. Feinstein's new ebug ban.

Default Dem. Sen. Feinstein's new ebug ban.

Here you go, boys and girls. Here is what's coming at us, in Feinstein's new bill banning .

Feinstein to Introduce Updated Assault Weapons Bill in New Congress, December 17, 2012
    Feinstein Statement on Connecticut School Shooting, December 14, 2012
    Summary of 2013 legislation

Following is a summary of the 2013 legislation:

Bans the sale, transfer, importation, or manufacturing of:
    •120 specifically-named firearms
    •Certain other semiautomatic rifles, handguns, shotguns that can accept a detachable magazine and have one military characteristic
    •Semiautomatic rifles and handguns with a fixed magazine that can accept more than 10 rounds
    •Strengthens the 1994 Assault Weapons Ban and various state bans by:
    •Moving from a 2-characteristic test to a 1-characteristic test
    •Eliminating the easy-to-remove bayonet mounts and flash suppressors from the characteristics test
    •Banning firearms with “thumbhole stocks” and “bullet buttons” to address attempts to “work around” prior bans
    •Bans large-capacity ammunition feeding devices capable of accepting more than 10 rounds.
    Protects legitimate hunters and the rights of existing gun owners by:
    •Grandfathering weapons legally possessed on the date of enactment
    •Exempting over 900 specifically-named weapons used for hunting or sporting purposes and
    •Exempting antique, manually-operated, and permanently disabled weapons
    •Requires that grandfathered weapons be registered under the National Firearms Act, to include:
    •Background check of owner and any transferee;
    •Type and serial number of the firearm;
    •Positive identification, including photograph and fingerprint;
    •Certification from local law enforcement of identity and that possession would not violate State or local law; and
    •Dedicated funding for ATF to implement registration.

A pdf of the bill summary is available here:
    feinstein.senate.gov/public/index.cfm/files/serve/?File_id=10993387-5d4d-4680-a872-ac8ca4359119

S.M.

....and, her secret service protection wanted the same restrictions.

Sorry, folks.

Senator Feinstein is one of MY Senators. Though I disagree with her on several issues, including this one (and I have respectfully conveyed my positions to her more than once) -- as a historian and a lifelong student of human nature I really understand WHY she believes and acts the way she does. I cannot find even one fault with her personal position.

Y'all can talk bad about her positions and viewpoints all you want. Just don't talk bad about her as a person. Otherwise, you're likely to find yourself dealing with a 6-foot, 250-pound Indian on the warpath...

'Nuff said?
    Last edited by Daniel Nighteyes; 12-27-2012 at 07:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Nighteyes View Post
    Sorry, folks.

Senator Feinstein is one of MY Senators. Though I disagree with her on several issues, including this one (and I have respectfully conveyed my positions to her more than once) -- as a historian I really understand WHY she believes and acts the way she does. I cannot find even one fault with her position, from a personal viewpoint.

Y'all can talk bad about her positions and viewpoints all you want. Just don't talk bad about her as a person. Otherwise, you're likely to find yourself dealing with a 6-foot, 250-pound Indian on the warpath...

'Nuff said?
    Yea, OK. We're shakin'

Quote Originally Posted by rebel View Post
    Yea, OK. We're shakin'
    I made my point. I'm content with that. Your move...

Again, you made my move.

Dream on, bro...

I suggest everyone contact their Senators and Representatives. This is just nuts.

You two are at the point you can agree to disagree. Thank you.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    I suggest everyone contact their Senators and Representatives. This is just nuts.

You two are at the point you can agree to disagree. Thank you.
    I agree. We disagree. Anything else is insanity.

-- Nighteyes

I guess I don't need to be threatened.

Stop or I'll lock the thread.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

I sent Sen. Feinstein an email (I was a gentleman) as well as my own representatives. The good Sen is out of the office. At least that's what her return email said.

Well, geeze. I'm only 5 foot and 400 pounds.

What gun owners need is a counter offer from a gun-owning senator (democrat, republican or otherwise).
    No one is willing to put up, figuring it's probably career suicide.
    With all due respect to Sen. Feinstein, why can't she see that Criminals, by definition, don't give one crap about her laws?
    Last edited by LowKey; 12-27-2012 at 08:27 PM.

There won't be a counter offer since that would mean c. o. m. p. r. o. m. i. s. e.
    And those guys would rather loose all together than do that.

I guess that goes with the territory. The Prez spent $683.5 million for a job that pays $400K a year. And we wonder why they can't balance a checkbook.

I've been trying to vote Senator Feinstein out for decades, she is quite tenacious . BTW I'm 6-foot 200 pounds.

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Nighteyes View Post

'Nuff said?
    As a person, she has lost touch with reality just like the rest of them in D.C. Before she became a millionaire, she packed heat like the rest of us because she didn't feel secure. Where is that person now? She is just as corrupt as any other long term D.C. loon. More so, she is two faced. It was alright for her to carry, but now that she has 24/7 armed guards, suddenly no one should own firearms.

So says this 240 pound 6'4" Eastern Band Aniyunwiya that doesn't take threats of any nature well.

LOL. We get it. Says this 6.2, 195 lbs Marine.

Camouflage is continuous.

If you would like to sign the petition asking for her impeachment you are welcome to do so.

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/pet...J5#thank-you=p