Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: David Gregory violates D.C. Ban on Assault Weapons

Default David Gregory violates D.C. Ban on Assault Weapons

In his interview with Wayne Lapierre, David Gregory, host of Meet the Press, held up a 30 round clip (oh, come on the anti-gun folks call it that. So does the press), okay, magazine in direct violation of the D.C. ordinance on possessing a high cap mag. Now the D.C. police, God love 'em, are investing Gregory and he may be charged.

It strikes me as kinda funny that an anti-gun guy with a platform that's let him be outspoken would get charged with an "assault" weapons charge.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012...y-magazine-on/

In other news....

Piers Morgain called a pro-gun guest, "an unbelievably stupid man". That resulted in a Texas resident filing a petition on the White House's web site asking for Morgan to be deported back to England because he is against the 2nd Amendment and therefore unAmerican. It requires 25,000 signatures for the White House to act and the petition has received 77,000 signatures (last time I looked). Now.....there is a petition filed on the White House web site claiming England doesn't want him back......Now that right there is funny I don't care who you are.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/poli...icle-1.1227499
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

I learned a long time ago.... Karma, is a biotch. It is, what it is...

I saw on TV, (I think it was Fox) that on twitter, when all the fuss came up about sending whats his name back to England, Jeremy Clarkson (The tall guy on Top Gear) that they worked for 40 years to get rid of him, and they don't want him back. LOL

https://twitter.com/JeremyClarkson/s...02343015682048
    Last edited by 2dumb2kwit; 12-26-2012 at 09:35 PM. Reason: added link
    Writer of wrongs.
    Honey, just cuz I talk slow doesn't mean I'm stupid. (Jake- Sweet Home Alabama)
    "Stop Global Whining"

People definitely don't have enough to do.

Quote Originally Posted by BENESSE View Post
    People definitely don't have enough to do.
    Are you talking about people being ticked about a snobby news guy breaking the law on national television, or the other blowhard, talking trash about gun owners and the second amendment?
    Writer of wrongs.
    "Stop Global Whining"

The guy is a jerk but I can't imagine you could deport him for that. Certainly he could be fired for being an idiot but if we fired all the idiots on TV we could all sell our our sets 'cause there'd be nothing to watch! But if they deport him can we send the staff of Fox News with him?

I can't wait to hear what Winnie has to say about this issue of Great Britain not wanting those fellas back.
    Wilderness Survival:
    Surviving a temporary situation where you're lost in the wilderness

Blog Entries

Darn straight we don't want him back! A certain faction in your news media couldn't wait to get the slimy little t*rd over yonder. You keep him! We have enough twerps like that littering up the place, that we're waiting to offload on someone, without one coming back!
    Recession; A period when you go without something your Grandparents never heard of.

Quote Originally Posted by 2dumb2kwit View Post
    Are you talking about people being ticked about a snobby news guy breaking the law on national television, or the other blowhard, talking trash about gun owners and the second amendment?
    ALL of them.
    Enough already..."Rome's" burning, in case no one noticed...

and this is "news"
    .45 ACP Because shooting twice is silly... The avatar says it all,.45 because there isn't a.46

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lTs6a...eature=related

I think they've been labeled as "useful idiots".

Well, B, the D.C. case will actually be an important one if you think about it. Let's assume the D.C. police do nothing to Gregory. They set a rather glaring and well documented exception to their hi cap mag law. The next person that gets arrested for possession of one will have the Gregory example to fall back on to show that it really isn't illegal. Be that gang member or Bubba. It sets "reasonable doubt" as to whether a person is really guilty for violating the law. I can't see how they can not do something here to preserve their law.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

I see your point, Rick.
    However, there are extenuating circumstances.
    A. It was a prop on the show even though the permission to use it as such was denied ahead of time.
    B. The magazine was empty of bullets (that's what it sounds from the article)

Not sure if the matter should be treated the same way as if a criminal used it to commit a crime...but he/network should be slapped with something, most definitely. Just MHO.

I see your point, Rick.
    However, there are extenuating circumstances.
    A. It was a prop on the show even though the permission to use it as such was denied ahead of time.

Not sure if the matter should be treated the same way as if a criminal used it to commit a crime...but he/network should be slapped with something, most definitely. Just MHO.
    That's the point! They want it to be illegal for law abiding citizens to do EXACTLY WHAT HE WAS DOING! They ask for these laws, but where they already exist, they can't follow them? Let's make an example of them. Friggin' elitist hypocrites!
    Writer of wrongs.
    "Stop Global Whining"

That doesn't matter, according to the D.C. law.
    Writer of wrongs.
    "Stop Global Whining"

That doesn't matter, according to the D.C. law.
    Writer of wrongs.
    "Stop Global Whining"

The law calls for $1,000 fine and up to a year in jail. This is a deliberate violation, but it is a first offense. I have no desire to clutter the jails with this idiot, but convicting him so he has a record and is a "prohibited person" on a go forward basis, seems reasonable.

"... However, there are extenuating circumstances.

No extenuating circumstances whatsoever in accordance with the D.C. law. There is no exemption in the law for "teeeveee props." Gregory broke the law. I doubt, however, that anything will happen to him. Afterall, he is "David Gregory," the great "progressive" teeeveee host. A phone call or two will be made and it'll be over.

Had it been just some poor D.C. worker peasant schlub caught with the same banned standard magazine -- a little piece of tin or plastic with a spring in it -- he, or she, would be rotting in jail at the moment, wondering how many months he/she will rest in the slam and how much he'd have to pay in a fine and to the lawyers.

Whether or not Gregory's magazine "was empty of bullets," is immaterial. The law states the magazine itelf is illegal to be owned or possessed, whether or not there are any "bullets" in it. Period. (By the way, the bullet is that little hard thing that comes out the end of the barrel. The magazine holds cartridges, FWIW. )

As far as "props" exemptions, years ago, the infamous Roberti-Roos bill to ban EBUGs (Evil Black Ugly Guns) passed in California. The Hollywood studios and networks did a full court press lobbying job to exempt them from the ban so the EBUGs could still be used in the multiple cops-'n-robbers shows and the cops-'n-robbers and military movies so loved by the movie makers. (Who knows how many $$$$ flowed into the bank accounts of certain highly influential Calif. politicians for that exemption??) The EBUG ban did absolutely nothing to reduce violent crime in Calif.

The exact same thing happened in 1994 when Billary Clinton and Sen. Dianne Feinstein and Sen. Teddy (Mass's. Favorite Lifeguard) Kennedy and their gun grabbing cabal passed the Federal EBUG ban. Hollywood was made exempt from the ban. Gotta have those shootem up films and shows for ratings and box office profits... and gigantic cash donations to certain politicians in D.C. The EBUG ban did absolutely nothing to reduce violent crime in the U.S., either.

Hollywood in mass supported the bans ... for the worker peasants; not themselves. That in itself shows how Gregory was thinking. He considers himself a brilliant, elite and superior media member therefore exempt from the law.

Hypocricy knows no bounds when it comes to the gun banners.

S.M.
    Last edited by Seniorman; 12-27-2012 at 10:25 PM. Reason: Correc typo, again.

Quote Originally Posted by Phaedrus View Post
    " ... But if they deport him [Morgan] can we send the staff of Fox News with him?
    Sure ... so long as we deport all the staffs and pap dispensing propaganda meisters at ABC, CBS, CNN, NBC, MSNBC, PBS, and NPR. Not that they are biased to the far left or anything like that.

S.M.
    Last edited by Seniorman; 12-27-2012 at 03:43 PM. Reason: Correct typo.

But how do you really feel about it, Seniorman?