Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: In 5 years I will be dropped in the middle of an island and told to survive

Default News Flash

TheUnknownPoet is yanking everyone's chain...making $hit up as he goes along, and pretty sophomoric, too. (or is it moronic?)
    Now, we generally we catch this early on, but it's slow around here, what with the holidays and all so I can see how a "live one" can get people going.

Quote Originally Posted by Desert Rat! View Post
    What in the wide wide world of sports is going on here!

I was wondering the same thing until I got a headache from trying to figure out what kind of crack that dude was smoking.

Looks to me like he's nothing but a smart ***. A few people have been actually trying to figure him out so they can help and uhm.... yeah...
    Minnesota BCA Approved Conceal Carry Instructor
    NRA Instructor: Personal Protection in the Home, Pistol
    NRA Life Member
    Multi Tour Combat Vet

Avoid Confrontation, but If the attack comes, be violent, so bad, their children will have PTSD.

I think he's been sniffing glue, just from the way he sounds. LSD is is a little more thought out.

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

Quote Originally Posted by Desert Rat! View Post
    What in the wide wide world of sports is going on here!

It's called a "fruitcake toss".

The OP is a fruitcake and everyone is tossing it around and giggling like little girls.

It is much the same as a "troll toss" only a troll toss has less giggling.

Usually, with a troll toss, the insults have come out by page three and someone has been banned.
    Last edited by kyratshooter; 12-28-2012 at 12:32 AM.
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?

Blog Entries

Cool well now...

I think he's getting a bit upset at all of the ribbing. We're not taking him seriously. Really? We're supposed to take a self-confessed drug-induced fantasy seriously? How does that work?
    SARGE
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
    Albert Einstein

Proud father of a US Marine....SEMPER FI!

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Benjamin Franklin

He doesn't have to worry about being dropped on an island. I drop kicked him through the goal posts of life. Not much of a survivor that one.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Lol. I've missed you guys.

Blog Entries

Cool Hmmmm...

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    He doesn't have to worry about being dropped on an island. I drop kicked him through the goal posts of life. Not much of a survivor that one.
    Let's see now, where did I put that violin? Does anyone know the words to that great Oldie: "Just a Matter of Time?"
    SARGE
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
    Albert Einstein

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Benjamin Franklin

Rick: In have enjoyed reading some of your posts and sharing information, I hope in a respecful and courteous way, with other people here.

I hope you enjoyed your stay on Swains Island. While I never made it there myself, I have met a few people from there. They tell me that the fishing is great and that even a "papalagi" (white man) can learn to survive there if he is willing to listen and learn. You probably had a lot of opportunity to husk coconuts with a "mele'i" (sharpened wooden stake) and to use your "sapelu" (bush knife or machete) to clear brush, cut palm fronds, and collect firewood. Perhaps you had a chance to learn about starting a fire using the Polynesian fire plow method. You can then make the "umu" (oven using hot stones) to bake taro, bananas and breadfrui. I know little about wearing the famous hong, but you know that the "ie lavalava" (wraparound or sarong) is comfortable to wear.

Boredom could be a problem, but a wise person will bring to Swains Island his "Tusi Paia" (Samoan language Bible), a copy of Milner's Samoan-English Dictionary, and perhaps Proverbial Expressions of the Samoans. Those three books will be a good way to pass the time and and improve Samoan language skills.

I hope the person asking about tropical island survival will remember that some peoples actually do live there and have done so successfully for thousands of years. I am fortunate to have lived in both Western Samoa and American Samoa. Although no place is perfect, Samoa is a decent place with people who are generally kind and helpful.
    Faiaoga ("schoolteacher" in Samoan)
    Last edited by Faiaoga; 12-28-2012 at 04:06 AM. Reason: eliminate repetition

Man we sure get some doozies around here

Just a young man that hasn't quite grown up yet.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Well that went from amusing to arsinine quick. The ironic thing is, with a little show of common sense he had the chance even if it is a little out of his temperature range.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    Hey, I thought only Jesus did that.
    I am in awe!

Blog Entries

Cool I remember....

Quote Originally Posted by Faiaoga View Post
    Rick: In have enjoyed reading some of your posts and sharing information, I hope in a respecful and courteous way, with other people here.

I hope you enjoyed your stay on Swains Island. While I never made it there myself, I have met a few people from there. They tell me that the fishing is great and that even a "papalagi" (white man) can learn to survive there if he is willing to listen and learn. You probably had a lot of opportunity to husk coconuts with a "mele'i" (sharpened wooden stake) and to use your "sapelu" (bush knife or machete) to clear brush, cut palm fronds, and collect firewood. Perhaps you had a chance to learn about starting a fire using the Polynesian fire plow method. You can then make the "umu" (oven using hot stones) to bake taro, bananas and breadfrui. I know little about wearing the famous hong, but you know that the "ie lavalava" (wraparound or sarong) is comfortable to wear.

Boredom could be a problem, but a wise person will bring to Swains Island his "Tusi Paia" (Samoan language Bible), a copy of Milner's Samoan-English Dictionary, and perhaps Proverbial Expressions of the Samoans. Those three books will be a good way to pass the time and and improve Samoan language skills.

I hope the person asking about tropical island survival will remember that some peoples actually do live there and have done so successfully for thousands of years. I am fortunate to have lived in both Western Samoa and American Samoa. Although no place is perfect, Samoa is a decent place with people who are generally kind and helpful.
    Faiaoga ("schoolteacher" in Samoan)
    Ahhh yes, an Island! I recall back when I was selling insurance I qualified for a convention that took place on an island...Honolulu! They put us up in really nice rooms at the Hawaiian Hilton Village where Don Ho lived and performed! Now that was survival....those prices were ridiculous!
    SARGE
    Albert Einstein

Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by BENESSE View Post
    Hey, I thought only Jesus did that.
    I am in awe!
    Is that an opinion???? You know that Rick charges for those right?
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

To bad he's gone I wanted to hear what he was going to buy with the $100,000.00!

Quote Originally Posted by crashdive123 View Post
    Is that an opinion???? You know that Rick charges for those right?
    I seem to recall a country song: "Drop kick me, Jesus, through the goal posts of life." So no, it's not an opinion, it's a fact.
    Jesus is gonna be mighty surprised to find out Rick's threading on his turf.

I'm familiar with it, I think Rick gives Him a discount for his opinions.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Blog Entries

Cool But...

Quote Originally Posted by BENESSE View Post
    I seem to recall a country song: "Drop kick me, Jesus, through the goal posts of life." So no, it's not an opinion, it's a fact.
    Jesus is gonna be mighty surprised to find out Rick's threading on his turf.
    Yeah but Rick's "special," that's why he gets the "Holy Hong!"
    SARGE
    Albert Einstein

Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by kyratshooter View Post
    It's called a "fruitcake toss".

The OP is a fruitcake and everyone is tossing it around and giggling like little girls.

It is much the same as a "troll toss" only a troll toss has less giggling.

Usually, with a troll toss, the insults have come out by page three and someone has been banned.

Hummmm, I'm thinking maybe interweb history has been made....."Fruitcake toss".....I like it.
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27