Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 13 year old saying hello

Not taking anybody's side, but it's a sad state of affairs when no good deed goes unpunished. And really it is our youth who misses out. I was never took camping, hunting, or taught anything about the outdoors by my family and never had the opportunity to join any organizations. This kid and many others are probably in the same boat as I was when little. If we are not allowed to give some kind of advice whether it be our own or forwarding the person elsewhere, these young ones are liable to lose interest in the outdoors very quickly and speed up the wimpification of our youth.
    What's so crazy about standing toe-to-toe saying I am?
    ~Rocky Balboa

Relax everyone... He's 13, he probably just switched gears and is into something else right now. He may be back after about 19073972397 other things... lol

Or he discovered girls....

Banned

If you can't give advice on how to build a bow fire or snag some game in a snare to a teenager on a survival forum, you probably shouldn't be asking a teenager where he lives. Kinda creepy.
    Last edited by Warheit; 01-01-2013 at 02:19 AM.

Blog Entries

Cool Well...

Quote Originally Posted by RangerXanatos View Post
    Not taking anybody's side, but it's a sad state of affairs when no good deed goes unpunished. And really it is our youth who misses out. I was never took camping, hunting, or taught anything about the outdoors by my family and never had the opportunity to join any organizations. This kid and many others are probably in the same boat as I was when little. If we are not allowed to give some kind of advice whether it be our own or forwarding the person elsewhere, these young ones are liable to lose interest in the outdoors very quickly and speed up the wimpification of our youth.
    Ranger, I was once approached about taking over a Boy Scout Troop. When explaining what all I had to do much emphasis was placed on getting parental permission slips signed for insurance reasons and to avoid any personal liability lawsuits. I was told that without those signed papers I couldn't count on any support from the BSA if anything happened to a child. Today, if you want to become a school bus driver, you have to show that you don't have any tickets for the last 3 years, nor any type of criminal record. To assure the company that you are not a pedophile, your fingerprints are taken and sent in to the FBI. Yes, it's a "Brave New World" all right. But that's just reality.
    SARGE
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
    Albert Einstein

Proud father of a US Marine....SEMPER FI!

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Benjamin Franklin