Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: QE3 promised $40 billion per month to buy morgages....hello QE4...

Echo2:

Yes
    Yes but only when they have to. We're in a spend Congress right now and I've said all along, even before the election, nothing would happen in the next 4 years.
    Okay. No argument on the next 3
    And your opinion. As valid as the next one.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Echo2 View Post
    This is what gets me....you are doing what you can to get by....and you are still having to shoulder the weight of the rest of those who don't make the sacrifices.

And we will be paying for their mistakes for years and years to come.
    Well, I get by just fine. I have paid off my rent several months in advance, as well as my school bills. Only a few bills a month until March rolls around. My goal is to roughly save 35% of my income each month and put it into savings and or investments. I was lucky enough to land a job where I get a good 401(k) -- but plan on cashing that out right away after my job ends (which is probably this Spring, could get extended but it all depends on if a new budget is reached in Congress or they keep with the continuing resolution, BS). I do what I can to make sure that $ doesn't rule my life, which essentially means hiding it by whatever means necessary and always putting a quarter in the ceilin'.

I don't expect others to make the sacrifices I have, nor do I believe we have a society that has their heads in the right place anyways. I do what I can to help myself, my family and those close to me. Spent more getting groceries and donating multiple hams (20 pounds) to local churches and Salvation Army this year to help those in need than I will be spending on myself and my loved ones this Christmas. I have a roof over my head, warm clothes and pretty much all I can ask for -- besides a Broncos third Super Bowl victory.

I don't feel like I am carrying a burden from anyone else. I realize we live in a debt society (unlikely to ever change, not until the bottom falls out) and am well-versed in the intricacies of government and politics because that is where my schooling resides and a lot of my working experience comes from. I don't expect Congress to get anything fixed in the near future because of certain forces within it who are not willing to come to the middle on anything. I also am a firm believer in the power of words, and by no damn surprise, "Congress" is one of the most inefficient tools of government that exists.

My life philosophy is quite simple: Learn something new each day. Continue to grow. Don't fear change, don't live in fear. Help out others. Do my best to spread love and joy to those I can, by any means necessary. Respect your family ties and lineage.

Sometimes I fail at some things, because nobody is a perfect person, but those are simple goals to have. Smile as much as possible too!

Have a blessed Christmas and wonderful holiday season, Echo -- and everyone else too. Wish I would have got to the gift exchange thread sooner! My ma works at an outdoors store and I coulda got some good deals for some folks!

You are certainly right, Warheit. Fiscal responsibility (all kinds of responsibility) is important (well, it's our responsibility). But different parts of the country (of the world) are experiencing different financial pressures. If you can make ends meet now, don't assume it will be so easy in the future.
    True enough, my final home is still out there, but this is most certainly my home range and I love it. I love every rock I fall off and tree I trip over. Even when I am close to dying from exhaustion, a beautiful sunset doesn't lose it's power to refresh and inspire me and that, in itself, is enough to save me sometimes.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by WolfVanZandt View Post
    You are certainly right, Warheit. Fiscal responsibility (all kinds of responsibility) is important (well, it's our responsibility). But different parts of the country (of the world) are experiencing different financial pressures. If you can make ends meet now, don't assume it will be so easy in the future.
    The financial implications across the globe pretty much have a common source. I don't make that assumption. I just know that I am confident in myself to be able to take care of #1 and to be smart enough to not let $ rule my life.

Glad it's working out for you. Hoping 2013 will be just as good to you.
    True enough, my final home is still out there, but this is most certainly my home range and I love it. I love every rock I fall off and tree I trip over. Even when I am close to dying from exhaustion, a beautiful sunset doesn't lose it's power to refresh and inspire me and that, in itself, is enough to save me sometimes.