Thread: The NRA speaks out.

Default The NRA speaks out.

The National Rifle Association's 4 million mothers, fathers, sons and daughters join the nation in horror, outrage, grief and earnest prayer for the families of Newtown, Connecticut ... who suffered such incomprehensible loss as a result of this unspeakable crime.

Out of respect for those grieving families, and until the facts are known, the NRA has refrained from comment. While some have tried to exploit tragedy for political gain, we have remained respectfully silent.

Now, we must speak ...

Here is a link to the full text.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/poli...#ixzz2Fi5ZtiDt
    Writer of wrongs.
    Honey, just cuz I talk slow doesn't mean I'm stupid. (Jake- Sweet Home Alabama)
    "Stop Global Whining"

I liked their response and agree with it.

I absolutely agree with the NRA!

I guess Virginia is ahead of the curve...

https://www.google.com/search?q=virg...ient=firefox-a

I know in Roanoke City and County, we have an SRO in each school, a real honest-to-goodness armed police officer.

Now, if only the rest of the country would get on board just maybe more of these travesties will be prevented.

Wake up America...

That is all...
    Andrew

From what I am Googling, CT has an SRO program. I wonder, where was he/she during the incident? Was there even one assigned to the school? Honestly, Im curious... not stirring the pot, but Ive heard no mention of one as of yet.

Sorry for the multiple post, finding new info...

http://www.fox17.com/newsroom/top_st...id_15476.shtml

As stated in the video, that school did not have an SRO. I know it cost money to do this, but a life is priceless.

Andrew

Banned

The billions of $ the NRA has goes a long way. No serious discussion on gun related issues will ever happen with their large lobbying arm behind the scenes, unless it comes from E.O.

Not everyone here knows what "E.O." is, Im one of them...

I presume Warheit is suggesting an Executive Order.
    Any sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice - Grey's Law.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    To see what's going on in my knife shop check out CanidArmory on Youtube or on Facebook.

Quote Originally Posted by canid View Post
    Executive Order.
    Definition: A way of exercising perceived power in making a law whilst side stepping the approval of Congress.

:-)

Quote Originally Posted by Warheit View Post
    The billions of $ the NRA has goes a long way. No serious discussion on gun related issues will ever happen with their large lobbying arm behind the scenes, unless it comes from E.O.
    Not sure about the amount of money they have to lobby on my behalf, but I am darn proud to support them financially whenever I can.

There are some that might think it takes more than and EO to eliminate Constitutional Rights. I am one that does.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

I think the NRA is in a no win situation. They are damned if they remain silent and damned if they speak out. Why they've become the focus of this witch hunt is pretty easy to understand. As long as we want to ban something and not stop school violence there can be no meeting of the minds. All the anti-gun crowd seems to be able to do is call names and brow beat. Here's something I posted earlier to the Washington Post. You may or may not agree but it sums up my views.

__________________________________________________ _______________________________

If the goal of the anti-gun lobby is to protect children then where is their call for Homeland Security funding to train teachers how not to be victims? Their call for funding to train teachers in what to do if their school is under attack? Their call for funding to harden facilities so assailants can not get inside school buildings? Their call for armed guards on premise? The only call they have is to ban something.

Time and distance are the two allies we have in protecting our children. The further we can keep them from an assailant and the longer it takes an assailant to access them the more likely it is to have LEO on site to handle the issue. But the anti-gun lobby has been strangely quiet on any front except banning.

For those of you that pooh pooh the idea of armed guards in our schools it will probably come as quite a shock to learn that virtually every university in this nation has an armed, private security team. They are highly trained professionals that do an exemplary job of reducing crime and violence just by their on site presence. Armed guards within our primary schools would be no different except for the fact that primary schools can be locked down far easier than university buildings.

Armed guards would be another set of eyes specifically looking for anything out of place; people or vehicles that don’t belong on premises or suspicious looking packages for example. Yes, bombs have been used to attack our schools with terrible loss of life. Bombs have been used far more often that the AR platforms that you want to ban.

Guards should be employees of the school district, not the school building, so that any number could be at any school building at any time and an assailant could never know whether they would face one or more armed guards or not.

We have a lot of schools in this country that already use armed guards so we have successful models to look at. Why is the anti-gun lobby not calling for best practices to at least examine this as one solution?

Those of you leaving anti-gun comments do pretty well at brow beating, name calling and driving a wedge even further between us. As long as your battle cry is “Ban Something” then we will never have a meeting of the minds and nothing of substance will ever be accomplished. Worse, our children will be no more protected tomorrow than they are today even if an “assault weapon” ban is re-enacted. This should be about preventing ALL VIOLENCE not just gun violence.

You accuse pro-gun people of being lackeys for the NRA yet you are doing the very same thing for the anti-gun lobby. You are listening to their single vision of banning guns and forgetting about the real challenge of protecting kids.

If you would change your battle cry to “Stop School Violence” then all of us can sit down at the same table and exchange ideas on how to make that happen because that would be something all of us could rally behind.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Bravo Rick, well said...