Thread: It's snowing!!!

Default It's snowing!!!

Now, I know that some of you immediately broke out laughing, but we really need this.
    Rained yesterday, then started snowing about 9pm; light and steady all night and into today. We have about 3" on the ground, and it is supposed to snow through tomorrow morning.
    So out some the winter boots, the Carhardt bibs, et al...(actually, I wore the bibs yesterday).
    Me and El Doggo will be taking a walk, soon.
    KF7ZJR I always carry a pocket knife, just in Case.

Blog Entries

Thanks a lot, no, really thanks. I hate you, I have no snow and I have withdrawal symptoms. There's an old Forums saying.... pics or it didn't happen. And I need a snow fix!
    Recession; A period when you go without something your Grandparents never heard of.

Yeay! Awright! Great!

......whatasecond........

It's not snowing here.

(grph)
    True enough, my final home is still out there, but this is most certainly my home range and I love it. I love every rock I fall off and tree I trip over. Even when I am close to dying from exhaustion, a beautiful sunset doesn't lose it's power to refresh and inspire me and that, in itself, is enough to save me sometimes.

Here ya go Winnie.

Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.

Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Blog Entries

That works
    Recession; A period when you go without something your Grandparents never heard of.

Yeah, it was like that, Winnie.
    We got about 5" and then it stopped. My Spidey sense says it is, essentially over.
    Hoppie and I did get a couple of good walks in the falling snow, so all is well.
    I also listened to Christmas music much of the day.
    Oh, and cleaned off the truck so it won't be such a pain if I decide to go somewhere tomorrow.

Rained all day, ....if it would have been snow, could have been more that 8"........so far nothing this fall yet.
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

Well we had rain again most of the day. I'm getting tired of all the rain right now, course I really can't get out in this kind of weather and if it was snow I would be tempted to go out and shovel it. I'm still some what layed up from the surgery but i still want to get out and do things.

Bill
    NRA Life Patron Member
    Southern Indiana Rifle and Pistol Club
    K9GDG

Every time an older person dies, its like burning a full set of encyclopedias that will never be published again. So, if you ever want to learn more of anything, just find a old tradesman and hang out with him and then when he passes on, not the full set will burn, you'll have parts of it to pass on to others.

You can have my snow!

Send it!

When I was a kid, we'd get at least one good snow just about every year but, as Steven King says, "the world has moved on."

It snowed well one March about 6 or 7 years ago. The SEHowl was at Cheaha (highest point in Alabama) and I was the first one there. Nobody showed up until the next day, so I crashed early and slept the sleep of the just (I always do that. I feel sorta guilty.... well, not really....) It rained that night so I really slept well. Next morning, it felt like it should be light but it was still dark......and I couldn't feel my feet (that's when I learned that, regardless of what else I wore (or didn't wear) while sleeping, always wear socks while camping). I dressed without looking. There was a heated showers in the developed campgrounds and I would drive down there and check them out. So I struggled up and unzipped my tent, and a pile of snow cascaded off it. My feet were merely red (not gray) and the mountain was gorgeous in the snow. I hiked up to the country store on top and it was all gone by the time the others started arriving.

I miss snow.....
    True enough, my final home is still out there, but this is most certainly my home range and I love it. I love every rock I fall off and tree I trip over. Even when I am close to dying from exhaustion, a beautiful sunset doesn't lose it's power to refresh and inspire me and that, in itself, is enough to save me sometimes.

I was right...no more snow.
    Sure was fun, though.
    Merry Christmas, all.

Gosh, we sure need snow up here in northern NH. Normally the the trails are groomed and open Dec 15th.
    No such luck this year, trails are bare. Calling for some snow later today but it is hard to tell how much we will get. Oh well
    Jim