Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Finding a place to be, I know ways to live in the woods.But where wont I be bothered

Wink Finding a place to be, I know ways to live in the woods.But where wont I be bothered

Hello all! I have looked into many places but I would like some suggestions. I even looked into Canada and Claims. I was thinking trapping and gold panning would be a fair way to come up with the little cash I would need for some of the extra's. Screw the Im living off the land BS. Be real I want SAT Internet and wind and solar power with Emergency Genny as back up. Its to late for mountain man stuff we were all spoiled with modern convenience and require stimulation. Movies,books,internet! All I really want is to be able to build a place to live and not worry about the government kicking me off. I have lived wild and eventually people snitch and you get moved or Have to explain yourself. Its nonsense to me I believe we all have a god given right to enough land to live and sustain us. I learned to hard way that no one owns a house. The government will evict you as soon as you dont pay the taxes.I am looking forward to hearing ideas seems no site has real info on free places and land. I lived in Montana ,Oregon, Now Im stuck in Conneticut HELLLLPPPPP

Get a job - save some money - buy the land - live where you want.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Civics 101

Finance 101

You need a few tools.
    "They call us civilized because we are easy to sneak up on."- Lone Waite

Interesting story,

However with all respect sir we may be spoiled with modern convenience but if we realy need it.. I doubt it. "what can be learned, can be unlearned". Living off the land is no BS to me, to me going from cityboy to forestdweller is possible.. hard but possible.
    Some people need the internet, tv and social interaction in order to have a life that feels meaningfull.. others do not.

For example I used used to be a real videogame addict, I remember playing for 2 days without sleeping.. I don't need it anymore.. I have unlearned.
    I wish you luck in finding a better place to live free
    Heading "Into the wild" by May 2013
    Follow me at http://thedutchhermit.blogspot.nl/

Quote Originally Posted by warsteiner View Post
    Hello all! I have looked into many places but I would like some suggestions. I even looked into Canada and Claims. I was thinking trapping and gold panning would be a fair way to come up with the little cash I would need for some of the extra's. Screw the Im living off the land BS. Be real I want SAT Internet and wind and solar power with Emergency Genny as back up. Its to late for mountain man stuff we were all spoiled with modern convenience and require stimulation. Movies,books,internet! All I really want is to be able to build a place to live and not worry about the government kicking me off. I have lived wild and eventually people snitch and you get moved or Have to explain yourself. Its nonsense to me I believe we all have a god given right to enough land to live and sustain us. I learned to hard way that no one owns a house. The government will evict you as soon as you dont pay the taxes.I am looking forward to hearing ideas seems no site has real info on free places and land. I lived in Montana ,Oregon, Now Im stuck in Conneticut HELLLLPPPPP
    Unfortunately in this day and age, it takes a lot of money to move to the wilderness especially if you want all the conveniences of modern electronic entertainment and communications. So the only right answer we can give you is, do you have at least $150,000 dollars, and do you have the skills to live in wilderness isolation?
    You are the only one who can answer those questions or attain those goals.
    Good luck with your endeavers!

I am looking forward to hearing ideas seems no site has real info on free places and land.
    There are folks doing exactly what you hope for with a few exceptions. They own their own land in a remote location, have worked hard to afford the equipment and supplies that sustain them. They have educated themselves and prepared the necessary knoledge to be able to live in the extreams of the passing seasons and have some form of income to continue living their remote lifestyle.

Your request is not unique. In the years this forum has existed this question comes up many times each year. I have never read a response that has clearly answered the question of "were are the free places?" I would also guess, if the answer is out there, those with the info may not want folks moving near them.

If you do find the answer let us know.

Good luck with that!
    Karl

The quality of a person's life is in direct proportion the the effort he puts into whatever field of endeavor he chooses. Vincent T Lombardi

A wise man profits from the wisdom of others.

Quote Originally Posted by warsteiner View Post
    I know a place near Shin Pond, Maine now on the market with everything you want, and more.....asking price 5 million....
    Run it as B & B, get yourself qualified as a RMG to run hunts, and trips into the North Woods for the extra cash...

Join a commune.

Well, seems you want to get away from everyone, and every thing, but take it all with you........???

You know that it's cold up nort thare, right?...
    Good luck with that.

I want to run away to Figi.......warm, palm trees, fish......
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

Nothing is free.

Blog Entries

Cool Howdy from Sarge!

And you're HOW OLD? And you're marital status is? Weren't you just on here a number of times with the same question? Anyway, I've been looking for the last 20 years, if you find a "free lunch," please let me know where it is!

p.s.: Good luck with that!
    Last edited by Sarge47; 12-15-2012 at 06:28 PM.
    SARGE
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
    Albert Einstein

Proud father of a US Marine....SEMPER FI!

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Benjamin Franklin

I agree that buying the land is a good idea, but the OP is 100% correct- we all just rent land from the government. If our property can be taken for failure to pay taxes to our liege lords, then it's not really ours at all. It belongs to the lords.

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge47 View Post
    Weren't you just on here a number of times with the same question?

p.s.: Good luck with that!
    Yes that "God given right to enough land to live on" is a repeat. God did give us the perfect habitat once, and we seem to have messed that up and gotten run out. Eden I think they called it.

Is there some way we can put a radioactive tag on these trolls and direct them through a filter? We manage to filter out spammers rather well but have no filter for "general stupid". Perhaps there should be a test!

Anyway, in reguard to the OP and his ROTTW and take the conviniences with you....

Good luck with that!
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?

Blog Entries

Cool Well...

Quote Originally Posted by kyratshooter View Post
    Yes that "God given right to enough land to live on" is a repeat. God did give us the perfect habitat once, and we seem to have messed that up and gotten run out. Eden I think they called it.

Is there some way we can put a radioactive tag on these trolls and direct them through a filter? We manage to filter out spammers rather well but have no filter for "general stupid". Perhaps there should be a test!

Anyway, in reguard to the OP and his ROTTW and take the conviniences with you....

Good luck with that!
    Let's face it, Kyrat, ya just can't beat free rent!
    SARGE
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
    Albert Einstein

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Benjamin Franklin

Guys, you need to look a little deeper on this one. This is a:RFROTTWANAIF (Returned From Running Off To The Wilderness And Needed An Internet Fix)

Quote Originally Posted by Phaedrus View Post
    ...............we all just rent land from the government.............

Most of us expect some protection/prosecution, and sanitary landfills, and clean water rights, and.............

When the Bompites dump trash on YOUR property, who ya gonna call, Ghostbusters? When the Caveman at the head of the holler builds his outhouse over the creek, who ya gonna call, Ghostbusters?

US Civics 101

Quote Originally Posted by intothenew View Post
    When the Caveman at the head of the holler builds his outhouse over the creek, who ya gonna call, Ghostbusters?

US Civics 101
    What we do here is wait in the woods until he goes in the outhouse and tip it over into the creek!

We have never had to do it a second time!

Quote Originally Posted by kyratshooter View Post
    ..................tip it over into the creek.................
    Effective, crude, but effective. Does anyone clean up the "slime", or is it "shine only" for the next few months?

Only until the next good rain. Everything pretty much goes downstream then.

Blog Entries

Cool Hmmmm...

I'm stuck in Illinois and he's crying for help to get out of Conneticut? Sheesh!
    SARGE
    Albert Einstein

Benjamin Franklin