Thread: Tea Anyone?

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

Default Tea Anyone?

Winnie left a partial box of tea at my house when she escped. I had not paid much attention to it untill last night when I decidd to test the difference between the English and American varieties.

Even though I do not have an educated tea palate I can attest that this stuff ain't Lipton!

Much richer, with a deeper flavor and much stronger. Sort of like the difference between instant store brand coffee and good expresso!

I could adapt to this real quickly.
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?

No comment...
    KF7ZJR I always carry a pocket knife, just in Case.

Quote Originally Posted by kyratshooter View Post
    Winnie left a partial box of tea at my house when she escped. I had not paid much attention to it untill last night when I decidd to test the difference between the English and American varieties.

Even though I do not have an educated tea palate I can attest that this stuff ain't Lipton!

Much richer, with a deeper flavor and much stronger. Sort of like the difference between instant store brand coffee and good expresso!

I could adapt to this real quickly.
    Well, then maybe you should move over to Winnie's neck of the woods.
    Let's see...tea / guns, guns / tea...

Wait.....did you drink it her way, or did you make iced tea with it?
    Writer of wrongs.
    Honey, just cuz I talk slow doesn't mean I'm stupid. (Jake- Sweet Home Alabama)
    "Stop Global Whining"

No need to move, this stuff can be imported. I simply never knew there was a difference and never looked for the authentic English versions. We have a place here called Jungle Jim's that specializes in imported foods from around the world, I am sure they will have the same brand or a good substitute. They have a huge section of British foods. We have a good sized population of transplanted Brits in this area due to the medical business connections in our area. I run into them at the shooting range all the time.

And yes, I drank it hot, even used cream and suger. I do that on occasion with the American style stuff. I even own a real teapot with strainer. The heavy ceramic type that retains the heat properly.

As for me transplanting to GB, I do not think that would be possible, I am pretty sure I am on a list of some kind that would prevent either entry to GB, return to the U.S. or require me to saddle a goose for the flight.

Last time I flew I went phobic due to lack of pocket knives and my EDC pistol. Got off the plane and headed straight to Cabellas. Left a good gear stash for the other Brothers-in-law to access when I left.
    Last edited by kyratshooter; 10-27-2012 at 02:57 PM.

I used to order tea from an outfit called Stash (when I could afford it - they're still around). They have a few million varieties and it's interesting just going through the catalog and trying the next random variety that comes up. The differences are pretty surprising.

Depending on where you live, Trader Joe's has the best best Irish Breakfast tea and English Breakfast teas. Dark brown to black tea, super flavorful and very cheap. IN fact, if you want, pm me with your address and I can send you some when I am back in Chicago (at BOL till late Tues). My girls regularly have me get both for them.
    SG
    But as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD. Joshua 24:15

Blog Entries

Glad you enjoyed the tea kyr! That's just a supermarket everyday type of tea. Maybe the reason I couldn't get my head round iced tea is the thought of having that tea cold!
    Recession; A period when you go without something your Grandparents never heard of.

LOL, I hear ya, some how iced coffee doesn't appeal to me either.

Could never get going on tea....probably better for me, but I just like my coffee.

I do like herd tea from time to time...chamomile, rose hip and honey is my favorite.
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

Quote Originally Posted by Winnie View Post
    Glad you enjoyed the tea kyr! That's just a supermarket everyday type of tea. Maybe the reason I couldn't get my head round iced tea is the thought of having that tea cold!
    Glad to see you are home safe. You made it out just in the nick of time!

I love coffee, but since it's my tradition to drink coffee just before bedtime, it doesn't "get me going" - it puts me to sleep. Tea, on the other hand, does get me going.

I once heard about a study that said that caffeine (in coffee) can't cross the blood-brain barrier and theophylline (in tea) does; so if you want to wake up your body, drink coffee; but if you want to wake up your brain, drink tea. Well, more recent studies have shown that study to be false, so I guess I've just developed a tolerance for caffeine over many years of coffee guzzling but I haven't drunk nearly as much tea.

I like the variety in both and I can handle both hot or cold, sweet or dry, black or "milked", flavored or straight.

Occasionally I'll get the yen for some of the more potent varieties that would normally put me through a wall.

You can buy tea in bulk, just google it. The best thing about tea is keep it in a tin or container, out of the light and it will last many many years.

Alaska, The Madness! 1stimestar's Avatar
    Little cabin in the woods, middle of Alaska.

Quote Originally Posted by kyratshooter View Post

... or require me to saddle a goose for the flight.
    Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.
    Why do I live in Alaska? Because I can.

Alaska, the Madness! Bloggity Stories of the North Country

"Building Codes, Alaskans don't need no stinking Building Codes." Sourdough

Yes, I have wifi in my outhouse!

I love, love, love, LOVE! tea. When I lived in England eon's ago, I loved the fact that tea was everywhere. But back home here in the US I discovered Revolution based out of MO and they have a nice selection of full leaf teas you can order online or get from Kroger if you've got one near you that carries it. I like my iced tea, but the stuff that lipton's makes their tea out of is considered dust or the lowest form of tea. If you try a nice full leaf tea that you can probably get from any megamart you'd probably never got back to the dust.

Just saying...

We don't care what it's made out of as long as you can drink it out of a quart jar.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

With lots of ice.