Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Mall shooting

Looks like Biden is in charge of finding a solution to "mass shootings" whatever that means. Maybe a school version of "Fast and Furious" is in the works.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Quote Originally Posted by BENESSE View Post
    Chris, none of the things you are suggesting are mutually exclusive. We need to do it all. And if one of the few whose life gets saved happens to be your child or your wife, trust me, you won't be quibbling over how we can't save them all so why even try.
    What if your child is one who dies, because they imposed laws that hurt safety, rather than helping it....just for the appearance of "doing something"?
    Writer of wrongs.
    Honey, just cuz I talk slow doesn't mean I'm stupid. (Jake- Sweet Home Alabama)
    "Stop Global Whining"

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    Looks like Biden is in charge of finding a solution to "mass shootings" whatever that means. Maybe a school version of "Fast and Furious" is in the works.
    I.....He......They........aw, nevermind. I just can't do it , without going over the political line.
    Writer of wrongs.
    "Stop Global Whining"

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

Quit arguing, whining and worrying and e-mail your congressmen!
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?

Quote Originally Posted by BENESSE View Post
    I get that. However, that's not the issue being discussed. The latest spree of shootings wasn't done by criminals but by mental cases with no criminal record who chose firearms because it was easy and expedient.
    The laws, existing (but not enforced), or new, will have to intervene in these cases before they act. No one is suggesting that we can stop every mad man out there every single time. But I am at least willing to try and stop a few because ANY lives we save are worth the try, IMO.
    Again, you seem to be preaching to a choir, of which, believe it or not, I am part. Just because I sing in a different key doesn't make me an outsider no matter how convenient that would be for your arguments?
    So far, all I've heard the Gov't talk about, to solve the problem, is more gun control. Gun control that history has shown us, does not solve the problem. Everything that they have talked about, has been shown to do no good and in most cases, do harm.

Stats and studies show us that around 10,000 people are killed by guns, every year in this country. They also show us that in the same time period and country, guns are used defensively somewhere between 1.5 and 3 million times. Can you guarantee that what ever gun is outlawed, is one that would have murdered someone, and is not one that would have saved lives? The odds are pretty big in favor of it being one that would have saved lives.
    Writer of wrongs.
    "Stop Global Whining"

I agree, do it all. That's what I'm saying.