Thread: Finally a phone that works on regular batteries!

Default Finally a phone that works on regular batteries!

If they would only paint this phone cammo, and call it a survival phone they could double the price..............LOL But actually I think it a great concept and I am seriously thinking about buying one. With a solar charger and rechargeable batteries, you would never be without a phone as long as the cell towers stay up!

http://spareone.com/spareone/spareone-emergency-phone

That's kinda a cool idea.....so if you put in your sim card it works?....a least what I got from the vid.

After dealing with a camera that had a special battery, and expensive.....I look for stuff that any battery of the right size will work.
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.
    "They call us civilized because we are easy to sneak up on."- Lone Waite

I was going to make fun of it, but it actually looks like a good product.
    I've taken a vow of poverty. To annoy me, send money.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/FinallyMe78?feature=mhee

about time the cell phone compaines used their brain i like the phone

With the gazillions of phone options on the market, and the majority of the populations of many civilized countries carrying cell phones....how do you figure they are not using their brains? I dare say they have done a pretty good job of convincing a lot of people that they can't live without one.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by crashdive123 View Post
    With the gazillions of phone options on the market, and the majority of the populations of many civilized countries carrying cell phones....how do you figure they are not using their brains? I dare say they have done a pretty good job of convincing a lot of people that they can't live without one.
    Crash I could live just fine without a phone if everybody else could. Since the invention of the cell phone, our lives are no longer our own! And many people get hurt and die because people cant drive and ignore the stupid things. It just makes me want to kill something when I see people all over the road, and then I see they are talking on the dad gum cell phone.
    I'm so mad just from thinking about it, I think I will go out and shoot something!!!!!

But you have one - and that was my point in response to the comment
    about time the cell phone compaines used their brain
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Wildthang View Post
    Crash I could live just fine without a phone if everybody else could. Since the invention of the cell phone, our lives are no longer our own! And many people get hurt and die because people cant drive and ignore the stupid things. It just makes me want to kill something when I see people all over the road, and then I see they are talking on the dad gum cell phone.
    I'm so mad just from thinking about it, I think I will go out and shoot something!!!!!
    Everybody always wants to text me, I'll answer back if it is a short yes or no answer but it is to time consuming to text because I am a slow texter so I usually call them or if they are close I'll just drive over and talk to them face to face.
    "Freedom had been hunted round the globe; reason was considered as rebellion; and the slavery of fear had made men afraid to think. But such is the irresistible nature of truth, that all it asks, and all it wants, is the liberty of appearing."
    Thomas Paine

Minimalist Camping: Enjoy nature, don't be tortured by it. Take as little as you need to be safe and comfortable.

jeesh i was refering to the phones battery okay

But you have one - and that was my point in response to the comment
    ah ya i had one at one time but after 15 yrs of the fast pace life i opted for no cell phone and a slower kind of life

I like to watch people sometimes, and I have noticed that nomatter what people are doing, if their cell phone makes a noise, it drives them nuts until they can drop what they are doing and look to see what came in on their phone.
    A lot of times I will get an e-mail or message, and I just ignore it and never look at my phone, and the girls will eventually say, well aren't you going to check your phone! Like I am committing some kind of crime or something. And I tell them that I will check it later or tonight when I have slowed down for the day. It even freaks people out when other people dont jump everytime their phone makes a noise.
    I think most of humanity has been brainwashed by cell phones. It is a sickness I swear!

Quote Originally Posted by Wildthang View Post
    If you want to kill someone when you see them talk on their phone in the car, all you gotta do is talk or text on your phone while you are driving. That will do the trick.
    I've taken a vow of poverty. To annoy me, send money.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/FinallyMe78?feature=mhee