Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A really cheap but functional emergency shelter

When I was a kid my freinds and I built club houses out in the woods where we hoped nobody would find them. We spent most of our time looking for salvage materials, and came up with some pretty cool club houses. We called all of the club houses " He Man Women Haters Club House ", probably because we watched the Little Rascals everyday no matter what.
    We didn't know what to call them, but we had several BOL's that would have worked well in a catastrophy

I'm thinking you could almost tow one of those behind a motorcycle. Surely behind the smallest of cars, a quad or a snow machine. I bet you could add 6" of foam insulation to the walls of a design like that easily. A camper for your tinker-toys?
    Any sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice - Grey's Law.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    To see what's going on in my knife shop check out CanidArmory on Youtube or on Facebook.

We use coroplast all the time at work. It is just plastic cardboard. Cool idea though.

Blog Entries

I just use a tarp and build around it with foilage.
    American by birth, Patriot by choice!

I like that. keep a kit in the back of the truck behind the seat maybe?

If you don't do anything else with this you could sell the plans for people to build portable Ice Shacks, for ice fishing. At 90 pounds and this size it would be perfect after you added a couple of small windows. You really did well to design this. If you sell the plans, I would be happy to buy a set.