Thread: Great deal!

Blog Entries

Cool Great deal!

Long before Bear Grylls was drinking his own urine and Les Stroud was humping his camera gear going it solo, there was one survival teacher who never made it to Discovery as a TV personality, but surely knew his stuff, and that was the late Ron Hood. Ron was a Viet-Nam Veteran who'd learned his trade craft in the Army and has taught it all over the world. He leaves behind a wife and son...who now are without their leader and teacher. Right now for another 24 days or so his wife is running a special sale on the "Suvival.com" website, with really low prices on almost everything in the store! You can buy bundles of Ron's instructional DVDs for $10 each! Ron's own design on his knife is more than $100 less than what Buck knives sells them for on their site! Ron didn't just teach survival, he also taught primitive skills in the area of fire-starting, weapons, Bronze, and even two DVDs on butchering Buffalo! Check it out!

http://survival.instantestore.net/on_sale.cfm
    SARGE
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
    Albert Einstein

Proud father of a US Marine....SEMPER FI!

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Benjamin Franklin

Looking at a couple vids. Thanks

Ron Hood served in Vietnam with the ASA (Army Security Agency), and also with the ASA in Turkey, previous to his service in Vietnam.

The ASA was one of those highly specialized units that came out of WW II, and about which very little was known for many years. The first U.S. Army soldier killed in Vietnam was an ASA operator.

Ron Hood not only "knew his stuff" when it came to outdoors (and indoors) survival, but he utilized a great sense of humor in the presentation of his knowledge. Hood's videos are well worth the price.

S.M.

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

Ron was not just an outdoorsman and a vetran, he was also a trained teacher and earned his living teaching survival in the University of California system. Yes, in California you can get college credit for survival courses taught by people that know what they are doing and have real DEGREES!

His wife developed into an excellent award winning film maker.

That means these vidios are not your average U-tube "running and gunning, machette road test" fare. They are excellent instruction on excellent topics presented in a professional manner by people that have "been there and done that", without worrying about television ratings or selling their script to a corperate flunky to get it on the air.

I have several of Ron's DVD features and they are excellent. I play them as background noise while home alone. My hope is the subliminal messaging will take affect.
    Last edited by kyratshooter; 12-15-2012 at 06:39 PM.
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?

Blog Entries

Cool Yep!

His vids teach in depth and have great detail. I ordered a "7 vid bundle" and one of those strong, reusable, tube tents. I even got a personal message from Karen Hood apologizing for the shipping delay, saying that she'd lost her experienced shipping person and was training a new one. That and the fact they were swamped with orders! Glad to hear it as Christmas is almost here! These folks are top-notch, as are the videos!
    SARGE
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
    Albert Einstein

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge47 View Post
    .......butchering Buffalo.....
    People eat buffalo? What's it taste like?

Blog Entries

Cool Yep!

Quote Originally Posted by deafdave3 View Post
    People eat buffalo? What's it taste like?
    I've eaten Buffalo burgers before and they taste better than the beef variety!

http://www.buffalogal.com/

https://www.google.com/search?q=buff...hrome&ie=UTF-8

Enjoy!
    SARGE
    Albert Einstein

Benjamin Franklin

Nope, it ain't Beef, but it ain't bad neither. Come on over, in your case, way on over, and have a Sammich.

Swinging Bridge Menu
    "They call us civilized because we are easy to sneak up on."- Lone Waite

Banned

Buffalo is much better for you than beef. It is divine.