Thread: Pearl Harbor Remembrance Day

Default Pearl Harbor Remembrance Day

Friday, December 7, Pearl Harbor Remembrance Day , Did you forget? Is there any sort of ceremony or rememberance in your kids school? I know 7 December 1941 is a long time ago and not many survivors are still around. But to me is very important to remember , and marvel at the strength and resilence of this nation. I am going to visit the grave sites of several men who were there and give my thanks for their service and my godsons school with have a brief presentation this morning during their morning assembly.. Never Forget!!!!!!!!!!
    .45 ACP Because shooting twice is silly... The avatar says it all,.45 because there isn't a.46

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lTs6a...eature=related

Nope - didn't forget. Attending memorial at Naval Station Mayport. We still have a few Pearl Harbor survivors in the area and I have had the honor to meet and speak with them on several occasions.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Blog Entries

Doesn't matter how long ago, it's important to remember the gallantry and sacrifice.
    Recession; A period when you go without something your Grandparents never heard of.

I didn't forget, but unfortunately not planning on doing anything special.
    I've taken a vow of poverty. To annoy me, send money.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/FinallyMe78?feature=mhee

Will never forget,.... all the WWII vets in our families have passed on, but are remembered as the Greatest Generation for their resolve, courage, and sacrifice.
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

A very important part of our history, and one that always makes me shudder.
    KF7ZJR I always carry a pocket knife, just in Case.

I remember Pearl Harbor. I don't mean the movie or a bunch of documentaries. I mean I remember when it happened, Dec. 7th, 1941. I was only a child but I still remember that unforgettable event... and many events of WW II thereafter. Four uncles served: US Army, US Marine Corps, and US Navy. All are now dead.

A long time ago, but not forgotten.

S.M.

No I did not forget. Went to the post office to mail something and asked what the date was to be sure and when she said Dec7 I immediatly said to her a day that shall live in infamy. She was very toudhed that I knew what the day was and how important it is in out history of America.

Neither did I, nor any other member of my family, forget. Since gainful employment in Mississippi was largely a myth, my father had already been in the Army for nearly 2 years. All of my uncles served in the Army, and a surprising number of my aunts worked as clerk-typists in the not-quite-completed Pentagon.

They're nearly all gone now (only 2 out of 12 remaining). Anything my generation (Baby-Boomers) may have done pales by comparison. God bless 'em, every one!

-- Nighteyes
    Last edited by Daniel Nighteyes; 12-07-2012 at 04:04 PM.

No. I didn't forget. Most don't know it but there are 330 sailors and airmen buried in a mass grave and marked as "Unknown". Sad that in this day and age we can't make the effort to give them a name and a home.

We simply don't know what SHTF is today. Our fathers certainly did and more.

Thanks for the post, Pal.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.