Thread: Now this is off the grid and more

Default Now this is off the grid and more

Off the land as well.Not even sure how this guy is getting food.
    But I dare say that this guy thinks he's going to sleep out in the harbor this winter is pushing it.
    We get some really bad winter weather sometimes here in New England.A good ole Nor'Easter or even temps for weeks in the single digets will be the determining factor.

http://news.yahoo.com/mans-home-14-f...072630143.html

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

I read another article on this guy the other day. He is a partial nut job just like most that pull the publicity stunts.

He is an "advocate" for a half dozen causes and living in the woods, where he has been for years, did not get him the attention he needed to promote his causes and writings.

Like I would really want a 49 year old unemployed, homeless guy advocating my cause.

No one intent on outdoor survival goes from the Maine woods to downtown Boston. He is now visible and saying what the media wants to hear and, in turn, he is now getting the publicity he wants.
    Last edited by kyratshooter; 12-06-2012 at 11:36 AM.
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?

News is news, I guess.....for everyone living homeless on the water, I guessing there are thousands of homeless that are living off the radar.......So much for off the "Grid".

To me it was kinda, Yeah OK,....What's next?
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

"Smith detests the term "homeless" and describes himself as just another "fellow citizen." He certainly is not my "fellow citizen". I would run this wacko off on first sight. He apparently does not have the sense to pour mm, well a yellow liquid from his own boot
    .45 ACP Because shooting twice is silly... The avatar says it all,.45 because there isn't a.46

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lTs6a...eature=related

Yup,he's definitely doing this for publicity.
    It seems to be the norm in my neck of the woods everytime somebody wants to push their agenda.
    Personally,I would have stayed in the Maine wilderness.There's some beautiful country up there to get lost in.