Thread: Auto Zone fires hero.

Default Auto Zone fires hero.

This guy deserves an award, and they fired him.
    I'm running out of places to do business with!

AutoZone Fires Worker Who Stopped Robbery
    Devin McLean and his store manager were about to close the AutoZone in York County, Va. when a gunman barged into the store.

“He pulled a gun from his waist band and demanded me and my manager go back into the office,” McLean told Fox News.

At some point, McLean was left in a restroom while the gunman made the manager open the store safe. That’s when McLean, a 23-year-old Air Force veteran, bolted through a side door and ran to his truck.

He returned through the front door holding a Glock 40 – pointed directly at the masked robber.

“I told him to freeze and to drop his weapon,” McLean told Fox News.

Instead, the robber took off – last seen running down the street from the store.

“I watched him run down the street,” he said. “I came back inside and made sure my manager was okay and he called the police.”

The York County Sheriff’s Dept. believes the bandit is responsible for as many as 30 robberies across the region.

“One of the officers asked why I didn’t shoot the robber,” McLean said.

Sheriff J.D. Diggs told Fox News he considers McLean to be a hero.

“He did a very brave thing,” the sheriff said. “He put himself in jeopardy in an attempt to make sure his friend was safe. He did a very brave thing.”

The part-time worker’s manager was especially thankful and credited McLean with saving his life.

But two days after the robbery – and just a week before Thanksgiving – McLean was fired.

Television station WTKR reported that McLean violated corporate policy by leaving the store and returning with a weapon.

The station spoke to a representative from the company’s corporate office who said they had a “zero tolerance policy for employees having weapons inside the store.”
    http://radio.foxnews.com/toddstarnes...d-robbery.html
    Writer of wrongs.
    Honey, just cuz I talk slow doesn't mean I'm stupid. (Jake- Sweet Home Alabama)
    "Stop Global Whining"

Good grief.......
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

Zero tolerance is zero thinking capability.
    What's so crazy about standing toe-to-toe saying I am?
    ~Rocky Balboa

I haven't been in one in years. I had what I thought was an inexcusable experience, and walked away.
    Now it's NAPA or nothing.
    KF7ZJR I always carry a pocket knife, just in Case.

That just sucks!

Politicaly Correct , mush for brains, morons (I will have to learn to be more expressive) run that company, scratch them off the list for their troubles.
    .45 ACP Because shooting twice is silly... The avatar says it all,.45 because there isn't a.46

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lTs6a...eature=related

Quote Originally Posted by jfeatherjohn View Post
    I haven't been in one in years. I had what I thought was an inexcusable experience, and walked away.
    Now it's NAPA or nothing.
    Well.... I have shopped auto zone for quite a while, along with O'Rieley's guess what I won't shop auto zone again. Wonder what would happen if we all E-mailed auto zone and told them that due to their "policy" our new policy isto take our business elsewhere? Wonder if that would countermand their's?
    If by what I have learned over the years, allow me to help one person to start to prepare. If all the mistakes I have made, let me give one person the wisdom that allows them to save their life or the life of a loved one in an emergency. Then I will truly know that all the work I have done will have been worth every minute.

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

Really?

Now imagine that, an American company with an antigun corperate policy. Who would have thought! Never heard of such a thing!!!
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?

Man hold Road rage perps at gun point till cops arrive.....News question of the day......

http://www.todaystmj4.com/news/local/182356801.html

They have a point/counter point discussion on this......You should have heard the drivel by the newscasters, "wild west, slippery slope, blah, blah.......Counter point guy, former DA, just said, theis was the reason for the CC law, to keep from getting your a$$ beat.....
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

For the all the wailing and gnashing of teeth about the government intruding on our liberties, more and more it's the corporations screwing us. As much as this seems absurd it's well within their rights to have any workplace rules they want. And within our rights to vote with our wallets and buy from some other place (although the other places probably all have the same rules). I bet some pro-gun business hires him up really quick if they haven't already, if for PR purposes if nothing else.

Quote Originally Posted by Phaedrus View Post
    For the all the wailing and gnashing of teeth about the government intruding on our liberties, more and more it's the corporations screwing us. As much as this seems absurd it's well within their rights to have any workplace rules they want. And within our rights to vote with our wallets and buy from some other place (although the other places probably all have the same rules). I bet some pro-gun business hires him up really quick if they haven't already, if for PR purposes if nothing else.
    The corporations are the government. No one gets elected on a federal level without massive funds for campaigning. Those funds come with strings, so in a not so indirect manner, we have been governed by corporations for a long time now. Anyone who has any doubt should simply look back to the bailouts of 2008.
    Here is a list of some of the represented banks and corporations;
    http://www.federalreserve.gov/newsev.../20121203a.htm
    The only real difference between political parties is which of the corporations back each of them. Therein lies the hypocrisy of all that go to Washington promising to fix the screw ups.