Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New Dual Survivor partner of cody

Default New Dual Survivor partner of cody

I recently seen a post on the internet about Cody's new partner. I cannot believe what I read. The new gentleman that is his partner, Joe Teti, was supposedly a CIA operative. I am pretty sure that if he was he would not self admit that on the internet or to anyone for that fact. So it appears to me that Discovery or whoever the news agency was that released that information was doing it for ratings and money. I do not know why anyone would want to put, what appears to be, a great american at risk. someone who obviously sacrificed his life for the good of all of us Americans just for good ratings. It never ceases to amaze me what the media will do for money. His reputation could be at risk and quite possibly his life. I can only hope that this issue is resolved, the show does great and he is safe.

Hunter63, saying Hey and Welcome....
    Ya pays yo money and takes yo chances........
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

CIA operative... Sounds like another fake flunkie to me. Poor Cody, keeps getting the stolen valor guys, shame on Discovery.

Not saying hes a fake, but I think hes a fake, like the OP said... a spook dont never show his hand. Not even an ex-spook.

Andrew

How in the world can being an "ex-CIA operative" make him an expert on survivalism???

Well, he is a former SERE Instructor, and did that in a cross-service agreement. don't remember his whole resume, but he has a significant amount of experience as a survival student, instructor, and, yes, survivor.
    As to the CIA rubbish, you would be sorely pressed to find anyone who had been in the upper eschelons of JSOP who wasn't TDY to the CIA, at least once.
    You also can see retired CIA folk on TV all the time; CNN, Fox...well, those are the two I remember clearly, right now. The only time that retired CIA folks must stay under the rock is if they were outted during a significant op, and that is for their own protection.
    Sheesh!
    KF7ZJR I always carry a pocket knife, just in Case.

Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

I am pretty sure that discovery did their homework this time since the last guy was not who he said he was. I think maybe someone in the media wanted to possibly get the ratings up. I would never shame anyone who defended our country and by the looks of what the article says, he did more than his share. who knows what is truth and what is fiction when it comes to the media anymore. But I do not think that someone would have balls that big to put on national TV he was former force recon, special force (green beret) and a everything else. He would only be shooting himself in the foot. I think the guy is legit and should be given a chance. I love the survival shows. I think this could be very interesting. I guess we will all have to wait and see come Jan 2013. I know I am excited either way. once again, good luck to Cody and the new guy Joe!

Quote Originally Posted by roger1967 View Post
    I am pretty sure that discovery did their homework this time since the last guy was not who he said he was.....!
    "The last guy"??? I missed something? What happened on the show?

Quote Originally Posted by deafdave3 View Post
    "The last guy"??? I missed something? What happened on the show?
    I haven't seen anything definitive from Discovery, but there have been enough puzzle pieces out there to paint the picture that they "discovered" that Dave C. embellished his military records and accomplishments a bit. Sad really because he didn't need to.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Well said, Crash.
    KF7ZJR I always carry a pocket knife, just in Case.

Have you looked at this guys website???? www.josephteti.com If you look at this guys website and think he is a fake then I would have to say that you or anyone else is an idiot and do not know anything about special operations and/or the military. Someone at his level of the game has been afforded the opportunity attend the best survival schools and training that money can buy....And I am not just talking about building fire, gathering food, shelter and water. This goes way beyond the training of any other survival show that is on tv or training that some of the others have. I have several friends in the military Spec Ops and they mentioned, after talking about this last night that this guy was the real deal.

what really annoys me is the fact that every one thinks you have to be native or ex military especially SF to know or teach survival, bullocks i say, i have learned more out of the forces, than i ever did in, as we oft say here, boots in the feild, the last 7 yrs living in the bush i have learned to listen and understand. oh yeah thats another load of crap too the whole"spirituallity" part of survival. The stories are all the same, I was raised by a gopher then a native squirrel taught me how to eat, then i was in all the wars for 30 yrs frontline undercover, i was so good osama bin laden once sat on me when i was disguised as a rock. Bullocks agin i say, to all the sheeple who don't have a clue, ratings thats all it is.
    Les Stroud Ray Mears, those are the two that people need to study and follow
    always be prepared-prepare all ways
    http://wareaglesurvival.blogspot.com

Blog Entries

Cool well now...

Ever seen the movie "Safe House" with Denzel Washington and Ryan Reynolds? A former top CIA operative is on the behind the scenes telling how he made sure that the movie stayed close to the actual practices of the agency, sort of like the movie "Act of Valor," where they used actual current Navy Seals in place of actors! Remember, the CIA changes things all of the time. If what JT did has since been de-classified then he can tell people about it.
    SARGE
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
    Albert Einstein

Proud father of a US Marine....SEMPER FI!

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Benjamin Franklin

Blog Entries

Cool Please note...

Quote Originally Posted by crashdive123 View Post
    Please note that the article does not specifically mention the C.I.A., but reports that: "Teti is a former Force Recon Marine, Army Special Forces “Green Beret” and a former operative in one of the most top-secret government counter- terrorist units in the world. " That could also be "Delta Force," which is the "D" team of the Green Berets. You can read a lot into what's not said, but that doesn't make it true.

SARGE
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
    Albert Einstein

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Benjamin Franklin

Have you looked at this guys website???? www.josephteti.com If you look at this guys website and think he is a fake then I would have to say that you or anyone else is an idiot and do not know anything about special operations and/or the military. Someone at his level of the game has been afforded the opportunity attend the best survival schools and training that money can buy....And I am not just talking about building fire, gathering food, shelter and water. This goes way beyond the training of any other survival show that is on tv or training that some of the others have. I have several friends in the military Spec Ops and they mentioned, after talking about this last night that this guy was the real deal.
    Why are your knickers in a wad? Not one post on here had anything derogatory about the new guy or his credentials.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by wareagle69 View Post
    what really annoys me is the fact that every one thinks you have to be native or ex military especially SF to know or teach survival, bullocks i say, i have learned more out of the forces, than i ever did in, as we oft say here, boots in the feild, the last 7 yrs living in the bush i have learned to listen and understand. oh yeah thats another load of crap too the whole"spirituallity" part of survival. The stories are all the same, I was raised by a gopher then a native squirrel taught me how to eat, then i was in all the wars for 30 yrs frontline undercover, i was so good osama bin laden once sat on me when i was disguised as a rock. Bullocks agin i say, to all the sheeple who don't have a clue, ratings thats all it is.
    Amen to that. For TV - as you say - it makes for good ratings being able to contrast two very different approaches.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Can you people not read? It says, GOVERNMENT, nothing about Delta. Delta Force is the Military. The original post that came out that I saw said CIA. It has now since been retracted/ changed. here is the original link.....http://www.allvoices.com/news/135112...y-survival-pro
    Sounds like they really screwed up at first and are now trying to cover their tracks. I would not want to be the person responsible for the mistake or at fault.

Blog Entries

Cool Hmmmm...

Can you people not read? It says, GOVERNMENT, nothing about Delta. Delta Force is the Military. The original post that came out that I saw said CIA. It has now since been retracted/ changed. here is the original link.....http://www.allvoices.com/news/135112...y-survival-pro
    Sounds like they really screwed up at first and are now trying to cover their tracks. I would not want to be the person responsible for the mistake or at fault.
    First, the Green Berets is part of the US Army which IS funded by the government.

Second, The C.I.A. is NOT a "counter-terrorism unit," but an information gathering agency that's not allowed to operate within our borders.

Third, the retraction is what any reliable news agency would do, so good for them.

Fourth, who gives a crap in the 1st place? I just watch the show for Cody...just love those bare feet!
    SARGE
    Albert Einstein

Benjamin Franklin

Blog Entries

Cool Awww WE!

Quote Originally Posted by wareagle69 View Post
    I bet you even tell little kids that there's no Santa Claus!

I learned all about survival from the Boy Scouts myself!
    SARGE
    Albert Einstein

Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by crashdive123 View Post
    Why are your knickers in a wad? Not one post on here had anything derogatory about the new guy or his credentials.
    Oh, and if your comment was directed towards me (appears that it was) I'd say that I have a fair amount of knowledge about the military and Special Operators. I didn't even need to talk to friends about it.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel