Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thanks, everyone...

Default Thanks, everyone...

I have been to many forums. One of the things that this forum DOES NOT DO that others do is ridicule me for my ignorance. You folks are very patient and informative; I have learned a lot. I thank everyone very much and wish you all a Happy Holidays!

Ignorance merely means that something has not been learned yet. We are all ignorant of something at sometime. The key is the ability to learn something new.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by crashdive123 View Post
    Ignorance merely means that something has not been learned yet......
    That's exactly what I meant. I'm very new to the survival/camping/backpacking trend. Yet, I have had NO insulting remarks thrown at me. None. This is a very respectable forum.

Three years ago, when I got caught up in the conceal carry movement, I joined a few forums to learn more about handgun self-defense and concealed carry. They were very vocal about the fact that they knew more than others, and sometimes put me down because I was a student willing to learn more.

Sometimes, folks can't see the splinter because of the plank.

Some like to use you for a stepping stone to self promote themselves.

There's the alpha dog thing.

Some are just liars and thieves.

Just stay true to what is right and you'll do fine.

Blog Entries

Cool Huh?

There are other forums? I was ignorant of that fact!
    SARGE
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
    Albert Einstein

Proud father of a US Marine....SEMPER FI!

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Benjamin Franklin

Alaska, The Madness! 1stimestar's Avatar
    Little cabin in the woods, middle of Alaska.

Well Sarge, the rest of us knew! What's wrong with you?

Why do I live in Alaska? Because I can.

Alaska, the Madness! Bloggity Stories of the North Country

"Building Codes, Alaskans don't need no stinking Building Codes." Sourdough

Yes, I have wifi in my outhouse!

Ignorance is normal . . . it starts with birth. Choosing to remain ignorrent is not normal. Joining a forum (with the right motive) is like making a public statement that you don't choose to remain ignorrent.

I learned all this stuff in my mom's basement. You people are stupid newbs.
    I had a compass, but without a map, it's just a cool toy to show you where oceans and ice are.

That didn't make me feel better. My apologies.

The internet is really an amazing social dimension. Humble genius, cocky ignorance, and all points in between are the norm. No consequences exist for the speaker.
    I had a compass, but without a map, it's just a cool toy to show you where oceans and ice are.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter View Post
    That didn't make me feel better. My apologies.

The internet is really an amazing social dimension. Humble genius, cocky ignorance, and all points in between are the norm. No consequences exist for the speaker.
    Wait till you see the new ban button Chris is working on. Not only will it ban a member, but it will send 35,000 volts through the banned member's keyboard, hack their social media accounts to let the world know they have been banned, permanently place a red B on their forehead for all to see (scarlet letter), cause their parents to kick them out of the basement, and lastly - all of the puppies in town will pee on their legs. Can't wait till it arrives.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

I find that folks that brag to know a lot of things about a certain subject actually know very little.
    Or feel that they have learned so much,that they've stopped learning.And easily become a rung in the ladder that those assending will climb past.
    It's the quiet ones that have no need to brag that can,most often,astound me with their knowledge.

Ok that was deep,I need another coffee.

People would be absolutely amazed at the depth of my knowledge. Truly. If you could see how much I don't know you'd be shocked. Then again, maybe not.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

You are welcome. I feel exactly the same way.
    KF7ZJR I always carry a pocket knife, just in Case.

How the heck did you slip through the cracks. Everybody gets abused, around here. Now you've actually drawn attention to yourself. Wow....are you gonna get it now!
    Writer of wrongs.
    Honey, just cuz I talk slow doesn't mean I'm stupid. (Jake- Sweet Home Alabama)
    "Stop Global Whining"

Blog Entries

Cool Well...

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    People would be absolutely amazed at the depth of my knowledge. Truly. If you could see how much I don't know you'd be shocked. Then again, maybe not.
    You'd only be shocked if you saw his hong!
    SARGE
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
    Albert Einstein

Proud father of a US Marine....SEMPER FI!

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    People would be absolutely amazed at the depth of my knowledge.
    We're amazed at the depth of something, but it doesn't smell like knowledge.
    Writer of wrongs.
    Honey, just cuz I talk slow doesn't mean I'm stupid. (Jake- Sweet Home Alabama)
    "Stop Global Whining"

Quote Originally Posted by 2dumb2kwit View Post
    We're amazed at the depth of something, but it doesn't smell like knowledge.
    Hmmm.....ankle deep perhaps.
    Might help grow knowledge though.

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

As time goes on I find that I go to other forums to get a laugh, I come here to communicate.

DD3 you are treated the way you are treated because you ask well thought out questions and do not ask them over and over expecting to get a different answer. Yes, some of them are simple questions, but they are knowledge that everyone needs, we need to review on occassion and you ask them intelligently.

Some would tell you there is no such thing as a "stupid question". Either they are wrong or they did not teach school for 35 years. We have had stupid questions here, and we have had good questions that were asked stupidly!

You also seem to have some good hip waders that allow you to tread through Rick's vast pile of knowledge and the other assorted rivers of poop that flow around here.
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?

Quote Originally Posted by kyratshooter View Post
    As time goes on I find that I go to other forums to get a laugh, I come here to communicate.

DD3 you are treated the way you are treated because you ask well thought out questions and do not ask them over and over expecting to get a different answer. Yes, some of them are simple questions, but they are knowledge that everyone needs, we need to review on occassion and you ask them intelligently.

Some would tell you there is no such thing as a "stupid question". Either they are wrong or they did not teach school for 35 years. We have had stupid questions here, and we have had good questions that were asked stupidly!

You also seem to have some good hip waders that allow you to tread through Rick's vast pile of knowledge and the other assorted rivers of poop that flow around here.
    You sound pretty intelligent yourself!

Quote Originally Posted by 2dumb2kwit View Post
    How the heck did you slip through the cracks. Everybody gets abused, around here. Now you've actually drawn attention to yourself. Wow....are you gonna get it now!
    Actually, one guy did respond to one of my post and simply said, "your an idit". I got that in email. I quickly signed back on to respond to his grammar and spelling in reference to ME being an "idit", but he already edited and "removed flame".