Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Christmas Gift Exchange IV

Blog Entries

Cool Nice!

Quote Originally Posted by crashdive123 View Post
    What? You kept turning them into a hong? Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.
    Okay, thanks for not saying "are you doing it now with Depends?" I realized after I posted that I left myself wide open for that one! Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.
    SARGE
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
    Albert Einstein

Proud father of a US Marine....SEMPER FI!

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Benjamin Franklin

Blog Entries

Cool Well..

Quote Originally Posted by crashdive123 View Post
    What? You kept turning them into a hong? Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.
    I tried, but Rick kept stealing them! Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.
    SARGE
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
    Albert Einstein

Proud father of a US Marine....SEMPER FI!

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Benjamin Franklin

Got a package...thanks Hunter63! And Gryffynklm, if you don't already have yours keep your eyes peeled- it can't be much longer.

I'll check today!
    Karl

The quality of a person's life is in direct proportion the the effort he puts into whatever field of endeavor he chooses. Vincent T Lombardi

A wise man profits from the wisdom of others.

Phaedrus, Just got back from Post Office with the package. In that package were some very useful items. We are in the process of putting together a second car emergency bag an these items will go to that bag.

Emergency blanket, two small lighters, hand warmers, glow stick, small knife, fanny pack, and two vacupacked pouches with esbit, matches etc.

Thanks a bunch.

Karl
    Karl

The quality of a person's life is in direct proportion the the effort he puts into whatever field of endeavor he chooses. Vincent T Lombardi

A wise man profits from the wisdom of others.

I just want to mention that those lighters are empty. You probably noticed that, just don't want you to toss 'em in a pack w/o filling. It's illegal to mail them filled or I'd have filled them! Neat little lighters though, I always take one when camping.

WOW did I make out. Got my package from skinner today and gosh did he outdo himself. Those are the prettyest knifes I have ever seen. They are surely heirloom quality. My youngest GS collects knifes so I will have to will them to him. Thanks skinner they are sure pretty and you really outdid yourself. Thanks and Merry Christmas.

Bill
    NRA Life Patron Member
    Southern Indiana Rifle and Pistol Club
    K9GDG

Every time an older person dies, its like burning a full set of encyclopedias that will never be published again. So, if you ever want to learn more of anything, just find a old tradesman and hang out with him and then when he passes on, not the full set will burn, you'll have parts of it to pass on to others.

Your Very Welcome WilliePete Put them to Good Use And Beat them Up I Have and Will Make More .LOL.
    I'm Waiting till Christmas to Open My Package from jfeatherjohn
    And jfeatherjohn Keep a Eye Out If It's Not there Already I Sent a Package to You Also .
    To Fail Is to Learn from your Mistakes and Advanced off of that Failure.

Quote Originally Posted by Williepete View Post
    WOW did I make out. Got my package from skinner today and gosh did he outdo himself. Those are the prettyest knifes I have ever seen. They are surely heirloom quality. My youngest GS collects knifes so I will have to will them to him. Thanks skinner they are sure pretty and you really outdid yourself. Thanks and Merry Christmas.

Bill
    I got my package from Skinner this afternoon...stunning knives.
    In my lifetime, I have been fortunate to know several gunsmiths, but no knifemakers. So, today I held the first custom knives that I have ever held.
    I got it. I understand now.
    The only problem is, this opens up a whole new avenue of knife collecting.
    I'm going to have to be a free-lance gigalo or something akin to be able to afford it.
    Wow...just wow.
    KF7ZJR I always carry a pocket knife, just in Case.

Quote Originally Posted by jfeatherjohn View Post
    I got my package from Skinner this afternoon...stunning knives.
    In my lifetime, I have been fortunate to know several gunsmiths, but no knifemakers. So, today I held the first custom knives that I have ever held.
    I got it. I understand now.
    The only problem is, this opens up a whole new avenue of knife collecting.
    I'm going to have to be a free-lance gigalo or something akin to be able to afford it.
    Wow...just wow.
    This is sure a nice way to start a new hobby, huh? I can't get over how pretty they are. One year at the Friendship shoots I bought a neck knife and I think I paid $35 for it, and thought it was so good, it doesn't hold a candle to these.

Bill
    NRA Life Patron Member
    Southern Indiana Rifle and Pistol Club
    K9GDG

Every time an older person dies, its like burning a full set of encyclopedias that will never be published again. So, if you ever want to learn more of anything, just find a old tradesman and hang out with him and then when he passes on, not the full set will burn, you'll have parts of it to pass on to others.

Glad you Both Liked your Gifts .And thank you On the Praise on my Knives .Merry Christmas
    To Fail Is to Learn from your Mistakes and Advanced off of that Failure.

pgvoutdoors I have not forsaken you! I will mail your gift the instant I get home, and I have been told that you will receive it just in time for Christmas!
    ~T
    Cheer up, the worst is yet to come.

Quote Originally Posted by Williepete View Post
    Well I finally got my gift mailed today. Tootsiepop I'm sorry to disappoint you, but I didn't send this awesome gift as it was something I had bought back in 2004 and had never used. When I opened it up it had rusted and I just didn't feel right sending it althrough the rust wouldn't hurt it, it just didn't look good. Sorry, I did gather up several things I do believe will be handy for you. MERRY CHRISTMAS to you and everyone on this forum.

Bill
    Bill, I'm sure whatever you sent will be great! I'm currently waiting on snow in Northern Nevada, can't wait to see what it is when I get home! A very merry Christmas back at you!
    ~T
    Cheer up, the worst is yet to come.

(FMR) Wilderness Guide pgvoutdoors's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tootsiepop254 View Post
    pgvoutdoors I have not forsaken you! I will mail your gift the instant I get home, and I have been told that you will receive it just in time for Christmas!
    ~T
    That's great, anytime is fine. Merry Christmas.
    "Just Get Out!"
    WildernessSkillsTrailhead.com

Alaska, The Madness! 1stimestar's Avatar
    Little cabin in the woods, middle of Alaska.

ARG! I keep thinking of more things to put in my package. I promise to mail it tomorrow morning! I'll put a rush on it, though coming from Alaska, that doesn't mean much. But the thing I added today, which could ONLY have been had today, I think, is well worth it. Hahahha TOTALLY Alaskan!
    Why do I live in Alaska? Because I can.

Alaska, the Madness! Bloggity Stories of the North Country

"Building Codes, Alaskans don't need no stinking Building Codes." Sourdough

Yes, I have wifi in my outhouse!

Blog Entries

My gift arrived yesterday. It was too big for the Postman to deliver so I had to go to the Post Office to collect it. Let me tell you, it was no easy feat. I pretty soon realised why it couldn't fit in my postbox, it was that big! I am still hoping it's not the Moose Wildthang promised, but I have to say, there's enough tissue paper in the box to hide one. I will however wait until Chrstmas day for the great reveal.
    Recession; A period when you go without something your Grandparents never heard of.

Quote Originally Posted by Winnie View Post
    My gift arrived yesterday. It was too big for the Postman to deliver so I had to go to the Post Office to collect it. Let me tell you, it was no easy feat. I pretty soon realised why it couldn't fit in my postbox, it was that big! I am still hoping it's not the Moose Wildthang promised, but I have to say, there's enough tissue paper in the box to hide one. I will however wait until Chrstmas day for the great reveal.
    Winnie be careful when you open that box. That is a dehydrated moose, and when it gets exposed to moisture, it will suddenly expand to 2000 times its size. So be sure to get it inside the apartment and close to where you want it before you add water.
    Winnie I am so glad you got it because I was worried that it wouldn'y get there in time. I have never mailed anything to England before and didn't know how long it would take to make it to you. Yipeeeeeeeeeeee you got it!

I got my gift from Sarge on Monday, and will wait to open it on Christmas day. Thanks Sarge!

Crash should get his gift tomorrow or Friday. Wife got it mailed for me on Monday (i finally got home to get a gift together last weekend).
    Have Lights? Thank a Lineman!
    "Being prepared is sometimes inconvenient, but not being prepared is always inconvenient." - Fred Choate

Blog Entries

I still need to get Rebel's addy.

Ready to ship.

FVR
    Last edited by FVR; 12-23-2012 at 06:44 PM.