Thread: I might get hungry

Default I might get hungry

Hello everyone , here is a simple question I would like your input on..........What foods do you keep in your bob ? I know the usual answer is high carb , high protein foods but I actually want to know what you have. I am just getting started in my food inventory and so far I have ramen noodles , tuna , sardines , crackers , peanut butter and some emergency food tabs. I am planning on adding MREs soon but wanting other peoples ideas as well. Thanks in advance for your info.

Sardines, Spam, Peanut Butter, crackers, tea, sugar, jam (raspberry)
    Bear Clan

I was born with nothing,
    with hard work and deligence I still have most of it
    this week a lot less...must be a hole in my pocket

Mountian House meals, some candy bars, coffee, tea, bullion cubes, etc.. Not my BOB, because when I bug out Im taking everything, not just a bag. This is what I carry for an outing.

HTH,
    Andrew

This is a wilderness survival form, though many of us are preppers and/or survivalist also, we are not of the Zombie mindset, more practical things come to mind first. Just saying...

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

Yes, you will not find too many of us here trying to live in the wilderness out of a BOB long term.
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?

In our BOB's?

A few MRE's, several meal replacement bars (Cliff, MetRx, Hooah, etc.), coffee.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

I keep instant coffee too.... would put a few pinches under the tongue when on watch and was drowsy. If the caffeine didnt keep you up, the god awful taste did... either way, its a trick that works.

Mainstay bars are the mainstay. Got a few power bars. A medium size bag of jerky. For water, a packet of Crystal Light and some coffee and tea bags.
    Those mainstay bars are the cat's meow.
    KF7ZJR I always carry a pocket knife, just in Case.

Ok , not to sound like a smart a$$ or anything but this web site is called wilderness SURVIVAL forums and to me food is a BIG part of surviving. Just on the first page in this forum alone (which by the way is titled general SURVIVAL discussion ) I see the word survival in one form or another at least 5 times. I also see a forum entitled survival kits and survival products , I see a forum titled bags , kits and vehicles which specifically list bug out bags (BOB's) and a forum titled general emergency preparedness which states bugging out. I may have taken the comments made by ElevenBravo and kyratshooter out of context and if I did I apologize but I consider my BOB a big part of my wilderness survival. I just re read my post and for some reason I do not see anywhere in my post any mention of "zombies". Just saying..............

I just made a statement, nothing more nothing less.

Quote Originally Posted by lockpickbob View Post
    Ok , not to sound like a smart a$$ or anything but this web site is called wilderness SURVIVAL forums and to me food is a BIG part of surviving. Just on the first page in this forum alone (which by the way is titled general SURVIVAL discussion ) I see the word survival in one form or another at least 5 times. I also see a forum entitled survival kits and survival products , I see a forum titled bags , kits and vehicles which specifically list bug out bags (BOB's) and a forum titled general emergency preparedness which states bugging out. I may have taken the comments made by ElevenBravo and kyratshooter out of context and if I did I apologize but I consider my BOB a big part of my wilderness survival. I just re read my post and for some reason I do not see anywhere in my post any mention of "zombies". Just saying..............
    Your question was fine. If somebody got their knickers in a bunch over it, let that be their problem.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Banned

smoked meat, sauces and jelly in jars, canned fruits and vegetables

trail mix, dehydrated fruit,Jerky,3 small bags of beans & rice, 5 bottles of 5 hour energy, crystal light, bullion cubes. Thats about it on food. I dont venture far from home, about 60 miles, so mine isnt a bug out, its a get home. mwp

Mine's about the same as everybody else's. High protien, canned or shrink wrapped, all water-based fluids such as coffee and bullion, powdered skimmed milk. I pre-package individual packs for quick access. I make sure to taste it before I pack it to make sure I like it. A familiar taste goes a long way to boost your morale if you're worn out. If you're packing for an extended trip, try the Hungry Jack blueberry pancake mix. Water-based. Individual packs. It's the bomb!

I keep 3 packets of instant oatmeal, 3 mylar packets of tuna, small jar of instant coffee, 2 packets of dehydrated chicken and rice, I large bag of beef jerky, 2 packs of peanuts, and a small zip lock bag of salt, pepper, and sugar. Also have 3 granola bars as well for something sweet. It isn't much but it will get me by for 3 or 4 days!

don`t forget to get something tasty It`s kinda important :P

I consider my BOB to be a three to four day thing. So I pack light . . . snack bars, jerky, ramen noodles and instant oatmeal. If I expect (or plan for) a longer trip to the woods, I would grab my BOB and my big camping pack, then throw in as much dry food as possible (rice, beans, nuts, dried fruit, etc.). Also a bottle of vitamins.