Thread: Romanian Tokerav

Default Romanian Tokerav

Does anyone have any knowledge of the above handgun. Its in 7.62 x 25 caliber. Fella has it listed for $295 with 3 -8 round mags and mil flap holster, with 40 rounds ammo. Its a 1953 model. It has matching numbers on slide and frame.

Wondering if its worth that. Lord knows I don't really need another handgun but!

Bill
    NRA Life Patron Member
    Southern Indiana Rifle and Pistol Club
    K9GDG

Every time an older person dies, its like burning a full set of encyclopedias that will never be published again. So, if you ever want to learn more of anything, just find a old tradesman and hang out with him and then when he passes on, not the full set will burn, you'll have parts of it to pass on to others.

That's in line with what they sell for, at shows around here. If I wanted one, I'd take it for that price. (I think you're getting an extra mag and a little ammo, thrown in.) I thought about getting one. (I like the 7.62x25 round.) I held off, because they do not come close to fitting my hand. The grip felt to me like a skinny flat stick, with a sharp point sticking in the heal of my hand. (The point being the corner of the mag.) I'm thinking that the feel is one of those "either you love it or you hate it" things.
    Writer of wrongs.
    Honey, just cuz I talk slow doesn't mean I'm stupid. (Jake- Sweet Home Alabama)
    "Stop Global Whining"

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

Classic has them for $279 w/extra mag and flap holster but by the time you paid transfer fee and shipping the price would be about the same.

http://www.classicfirearms.com/hand-...tokarev-pistol

There are several more user friendly commrcial 9mm pistols one can purchase for about the same amount.
    Last edited by kyratshooter; 11-17-2012 at 11:51 PM.
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?

Well I called the guy last night, am going to try to hook up today sometime. From what I've seen on the web, he is a little high, with saying the price is firm. O well I'll see what happens.

Bill
    NRA Life Patron Member
    Southern Indiana Rifle and Pistol Club
    K9GDG

Every time an older person dies, its like burning a full set of encyclopedias that will never be published again. So, if you ever want to learn more of anything, just find a old tradesman and hang out with him and then when he passes on, not the full set will burn, you'll have parts of it to pass on to others.

Aroun here they are about $250 with holster and one mag. if you are getting three mags and a touch of ammo, I would say it is fair.
    ”There's nothing glorious in dying. Anyone can do it.” ~Johnny Rotten