Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Drinking Urine

cody on dual survival wet on something and wrapped it around his head and he said it helps him stay cool.

Banned

The food I eat becomes poo.

So if I'm hungry do I eat my poo?

For you? Yes, and good luck with that.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Blog Entries

Cool Yes....

Quote Originally Posted by old fart View Post
    cody on dual survival wet on something and wrapped it around his head and he said it helps him stay cool.
    Cody urinated on a scarf to stay cool in the desert. However he never drank his own urine. On an episode of Man, Woman, Wild, Mykel Hawke had his wife, Ruth, drink his urine and she got terribly sick so that the back-up crew had to come in, give her bottled water and 1st aid.
    SARGE
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
    Albert Einstein

Proud father of a US Marine....SEMPER FI!

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Benjamin Franklin

You know, I guess I would have to say.....Just go for it......Some will never believe good advice, and need to try it them selves.....Truly a "once in a life time experiance".....LOL
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge47 View Post
    All of the books on survival say NO! This is the very reason that I started holding Bear Grylls in such low esteem. Even the SAS Survival manual says not to! And Bear claimed to have learned his stuff from them! Both Urine and salt water are a no-no when it comes to drinking!
    But if you have some way to collect condensation you can boil both and get the water back out of it. with salt water you get the added bonus of getting the salt as well to preserve things. at least that's how i understand it and have been taught, though urine is an absolute desperation even to boil it. To drink urine on its own, someone correct me if im wrong, it can cause your kidneys to fail because its the stuff your body cannot process and so if you drink it would not able to process it again making it hard on your kidneys HOWEVER it also could just go through you again. but if someone has heard other wise im open to know it im on here to learn more and share my knowledge

Blog Entries

Cool Well now...

Quote Originally Posted by BoltActionJLA View Post
    But if you have some way to collect condensation you can boil both and get the water back out of it. with salt water you get the added bonus of getting the salt as well to preserve things. at least that's how i understand it and have been taught, though piss is an absolute desperation even to boil it. To drink piss on its own, someone correct me if im wrong, it can cause your kidneys to fail because its the stuff your body cannot process and so if you drink it would not able to process it again making it hard on your kidneys HOWEVER it also could just go through you again. but if someone has heard other wise im open to know it im on here to learn more and share my knowledge
    The survival manuals all say that the only safe way is by making a distilling it. I trust the experts myself.....
    SARGE
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
    Albert Einstein

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Benjamin Franklin

The survival manuals all say that the only safe way is by making a distilling it. I trust the experts myself.....
    thats what i said...boil it and collect the condensation

Oh goody one of my favorite subjects.... Im thinking of bottling and selling a survival drink that looks smells and tastes just like urine I figure I should make a bunch with as many people that talk about drinking it.
    I Wonder Who was the first person to look at a cow and say, "I think I'll squeeze these dangly things here, and drink what ever comes out?"

Absolute desperation is about the only time i would distill it and drink the water that comes out of it.... technically speaking some one already did your idea but its different colours and flavours and is called power aid, everything your body gets rid of in a bottle. lol

Quote Originally Posted by boltactionjla View Post
    absolute desperation is about the only time i would distill it and drink the water that comes out of it.... Technically speaking some one already did your idea but its different colours and flavours and is called power aid, everything your body gets rid of in a bottle. Lol
    hahahahaha
    I Wonder Who was the first person to look at a cow and say, "I think I'll squeeze these dangly things here, and drink what ever comes out?"

Drinking it raw, bad idea. The electrolyte balance is way off.

Drinking it distilled can be good, but certainly is a net deficit if you're on your own. You need make up. And for taste/smell, I sure hope the contributor isn't loaded up on asparagus etc. (B vitamins). Or maybe I do, if it's me.
    "They call us civilized because we are easy to sneak up on."- Lone Waite

BUT GUYS/ GALS.

The real question is if a dehydrated person in the desert came across a backpacker fully refreshed from guzzling his last 2 liters of spring water would the urine be OK for the dehydrated person!!

Also a 1/6 ratio of some no no liquids, sea water can be tolerated to a degree. Turn 5 days of water into 6 etc it comes down to millimeters in some situations so that extra day might mean your life, Also replenishing salts/electrolytes. For urine I'd do 1/20 ratio and use that mix for making just boiled tea though if there is stuff to make tea than you probably could find water but what ever.

Your body is about balance its trying to get the stuff out so if its very dark very strong smelling, and in some extreme cases thick then you will likely die without some other means of hydration drinking it or not, faster by drinking that. Better to boil down urine for use in cuts etc Romans actually imported urine for various uses.

:Edit: you drink water with pee/feces in it all the time especially if its naturally sourced it just diluted and often time processed (parts per millionths here but still) , but Bears poo and pee you know!

Blog Entries

Cool well,it's like this...

Quote Originally Posted by Davidlastink View Post
    BUT GUYS/ GALS.

The real question is if a dehydrated person in the desert came across a backpacker fully refreshed from guzzling his last 2 liters of spring water would the urine be OK for the dehydrated person!!

Also a 1/6 ratio of some no no liquids, sea water can be tolerated to a degree. Turn 5 days of water into 6 etc it comes down to millimeters in some situations so that extra day might mean your life, Also replenishing salts/electrolytes. For urine I'd do 1/20 ratio and use that mix for making just boiled tea though if there is stuff to make tea than you probably could find water but what ever.

Your body is about balance its trying to get the stuff out so if its very dark very strong smelling, and in some extreme cases thick then you will likely die without some other means of hydration drinking it or not, faster by drinking that. Better to boil down urine for use in cuts etc Romans actually imported urine for various uses.
    And just where are they now...hmmmm? Besides, I'm not a Roman, I'm Irish.....
    SARGE
    Albert Einstein

Benjamin Franklin

Blog Entries

Here. Why don't you guys start with this. I'll stick to Corona or Wachusett Beer.

Cow Urine Soda.jpg
    “Learning is not compulsory. Neither is survival.”
    W. Edwards Deming

"Live free or die: Death is not the worst of evils."
    General John Stark

Rome got to large too corrupt and the "Barbarians invaded."

hmmmm US gets to large and corrupt... wait no derailing.

But I'm saying in an extreme you can stretch your water of course the less sea water you consume the better overall you will be, but at a bare minimum I'd not risk anything more than 1:6 for saltwater and maybe 1:20 for the urine and I'd boil to sanitize and make tea... This of course would be a desperate situation, most likely in like Arizona or Nevada... (VEGAS BABY).

But there are better uses for urine than drinking in a controlled environment hide tanning for one.

Blog Entries
    W. Edwards Deming

General John Stark

Blog Entries
    W. Edwards Deming

General John Stark

Blog Entries

Default Hmmmm...

Quote Originally Posted by Ken View Post
    Does that work with urine as well?....
    SARGE
    Albert Einstein

Benjamin Franklin

Blog Entries

Does that work with urine as well?....
    I wouldn't know. But this will. http://www.landfallnavigation.com/memss.html
    W. Edwards Deming

General John Stark