Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Potential Twinkie Shortage!!!!

Oh, not so fast you Twinkie can kickers. Hostess has agreed to mediation. So the shut down has been put on hold. Ha! to you!
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Something better hapen soon, before those Teamsters go Obi Wan on a bunch of bakers.
    KF7ZJR I always carry a pocket knife, just in Case.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    Oh, not so fast you Twinkie can kickers. Hostess has agreed to mediation. So the shut down has been put on hold. Ha! to you!
    Just like those greedy corporate types to want to keep their company up and running. I guess that all the boxes of Twinkies I picked up won't be worth as much. Suppose I'll save them for one of the Jamborees.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Well the negotiations fell apart again so it looks like the whole thing will be broken up. Mexican company Bimbo will probably pick up the tasty treats and start making them in Mexico. Twikies will be back but they will probably not be made here.

After reading about the things that Hostess put up with from the unions such as over 40 collective bargaining agreements, can't deliver twinkies and wonder bread on the same truck, delivery drivers prohibited from stocking store shelves requiring a second person in the truck just to do that job. I'm surprised the company lasted this long under those requirements.
    If you can keep your head when all about you, are losing their's and blaming it on you. -Kipling

I can't wait for the new commercials, with "Twinkie del niņo".
    Writer of wrongs.
    Honey, just cuz I talk slow doesn't mean I'm stupid. (Jake- Sweet Home Alabama)
    "Stop Global Whining"

Union: "To start with we'd like to...."
    Company: "Nope."
    Union: "I was going to say...."
    Company: "We can't agree to that."
    Union: "To what? I didn't even...."
    Company: "Oh, sorry. That would be too costly."
    Union: "But I haven't....."
    Company: "Obviously you don't really want to negotiate. Mr. Moderator, I'm afraid negotiations have failed."
    Union: "What just happened?"
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Let's all look on the bright side here; all those twinkie hoarders who stocked up with grand hopes of price gouging on ebay are unloading like a bottle rocket delivery truck on fire right now. Now will probably be the time for the rest of us to stock up.
    Any sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice - Grey's Law.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    To see what's going on in my knife shop check out CanidArmory on Youtube or on Facebook.

Blog Entries

Cool +2!

Quote Originally Posted by crashdive123 View Post
    With all due respect - unions WERE a necessity at one time in this country. They no longer are IMO. If people want to unionize there should be nothing that stands in their way. I also believe that public sector unions should be outlawed. The reason for this is - with private sector unions - the union and the management of the company sit down and hash out a plan. That's the way it should work since it is management that is footing the bills. With public sector unions the people footing the bills are the taxpayers, and they do not get a seat at the table. Instead, the unions negotiate with politicians to whom they can help with big money donations, or demonize with big money donations. Either way, the people footing the bill do not get a seat at the table.

By the way - even the Teamsters thought the Bakers Union was out of line.
    I agree with Crash, and here's why:

Many moons past Unions accomplished a lot of good, but things have changed. I've been involved in two Union fiascos in the past and will never be involved with another one again. One Union was involved in a strike that pushed a large Thermos factory that employed hundreds of locals out of this state entirely and into another one. Another one had workers fighting to get them to replace another one for over a year. Many workers were fired for talking about it on the job, usually by foremen that they had been friends with for years. When the time came for any interested Unions to petition for a vote on representation, the Union that had been trying to get in sat down with the opposing Union in Washington, signed a mutually agreed upon "No-Raid Pact," and pulled out, leaving all of their supporters in the lurch. Today that company has vanished! In the 1st case I was a Union Stewart and attended a "Union Leadership Course." The people teaching us wore very expensive suits, drove very expensive cars, and made us feel like we were blessed just to have them there for a few minutes. There is a lot more to be gained if the workers sit down with the company they work for and talk things out in a positive manner. Most of the time that works...if not...well THEN there's the other side of the coin.
    SARGE
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
    Albert Einstein

Proud father of a US Marine....SEMPER FI!

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Benjamin Franklin