Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Shortcommings

Quote Originally Posted by kyratshooter View Post
    Just because we do not have 1500 people per square foot don't mean we ain't got culture!

We grow all kinds of cultures out here.
    Those in a Petri dish don't count.
    We are simply the leading edge of flight from urban blight! People been bugging out of your urban centers for almost 200 years to the great land called suburbia.
    Not nearly enough bug out for my taste. Heck, for every one that leaves, 5 come in to take his place.

I can be in one of your civilized cesspools in less than an hour, if I want too. Mostly I just hit the locks on the doors as I pass through on the way to somewhere else.
    That's a crying shame. I would've loved to have you over for some sweet ice tea and jalapeno hush puppies.
    After it's all said and done, seems like there's no point to my bugging out. Everyone I want to avoid is already there.

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

Quote Originally Posted by BENESSE View Post
    After it's all said and done, seems like there's no point to my bugging out. Everyone I want to avoid is already there.

I guess for some life outside the Megalopolis just ain't worth living!
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?

Quote Originally Posted by kyratshooter View Post
    I guess for some life outside the Megalopolis just ain't worth living!
    No, no no...what I meant was, I don't want to leave only to end up in the same place where all the megalopolis people bug out to. I can barely put up with them as it is. That's why we don't go to Long Island in the summer and Vermont in the fall and winter. We prefer Wyoming, Utah and SD, where we stay in low key places without all the touristy bells and whistles.

I still haven't found that saw. I did use it a week or so before to cut some branches...you don't think I left it out there, do ya? Well, we reformed hillbillies are going to be installing that radio in my truck on Sunday, and we are going to have to take everything out, so maybe I'll find it, then.
    Just saying...
    KF7ZJR I always carry a pocket knife, just in Case.