Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: TOPIC:throwing knives practicality

My brother used to work at a small company hard coating foam for architectural accents. We would throw knives at the hard coat covered filters. Fun and all. But, that is fun like playing stretch, chicken or mumblie peg as a child.

I wouldn't throw any of my knives I carry. Just not likely to be a successful ploy and very likely to lose the knife.

If I were to depend on throwing a weapon at something, I would toss a spear. Much more effective, and almost always hits point first. Also, spears are pretty easy to make.
    Last edited by Stiffy; 11-12-2012 at 04:44 PM.

you can get good at it quick it just takes practice wildthang and ifs fun
    i have killed a few small birds with my throwing knives in the garage my little ones look little but there over a pound in weight winter
    canid what are you saying now lol over my head are you refuring to something i said in the video ?
    and yes i think you could use them as a hunting tool of you are good enough to pinpoint your sticks at one point i could hit a beer can up on my target at will thats about squirrel sized target at will
    at one point i hade made it into a game my neghbors and i would play makes it more fun to practice good luck and have fun trying
    oh and double ended throwing knives are a cheap as throwing a star no skill needed lol that being said they would work tho
    fixed blades : rather have one and not need it than need it an not have one!
    My Youtube Playlist

learning to survive

Ha when I was a kid, I used to steal my gammas kitchen butter knives. I would take them to the garage and sharpen them to a good point and electrical tape the handles. I learned how to throw with those. They worked really well. I got pretty good. I haven't killed any game with them but, I think then could be very effective for small game with enough practice. I guess all I can say is don't knock it until you try it.
    The anticipation of death is worse than death itself.

learning to survive

Oh and by the way the electrical tape made the knife quieter if it didn't hit just right on the target. When they hit flat they ring kinda loud.
    The anticipation of death is worse than death itself.