Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: shotgun adapters

I tried one of those 12g-410g adaptors decades ago......

it worked alright out to about 20 yards, but then I figgered, 'quit foolin ya fool' and just bought meself a complete 410 shotgun !!

THAT worked better !!

but I guess, of you're limited money-wise, or by 'regulation' then they're 'useful'??
    "use enough gun......"

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

Contrary to popular belief the shotgun was not for the coercion of the groom, it was to force the bride to marry the ugly SOB whom she had kicked out of bed after daylight came and she got a real good look at him! Burbon was really invented to blurr the vision of the women of KY. Beer goggles in reverse.

Most women in KY import the husbands they marry without coercion from farther south, usually TN, GA or AL, due to the better looks, upbringing and general behavior of males from those areas.

The shotgun was/is an absolute necessity if a woman is being matched with a male from north of the Ohio River.
    Last edited by kyratshooter; 11-12-2012 at 10:10 AM.
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?

Southern Illinois, deer season starts this weekend, I had to bring the shotgun to the wedding Ha Ha, but I didnt have to use it.

Quote Originally Posted by kyratshooter View Post
    Contrary to popular belief the shotgun was not for the coercion of the groom, it was to force the bride to marry the ugly SOB whom she had kicked out of bed after daylight came and she got a real good look at him! Burbon was really invented to blurr the vision of the women of KY. Beer goggles in reverse.

Most women in KY import the husbands they marry without coercion from farther south, usually TN, GA or AL, due to the better looks, upbringing and general behavior of males from those areas.

The shotgun was/is an absolute necessity if a woman is being matched with a male from north of the Ohio River.
    Very true indeed!
    ”There's nothing glorious in dying. Anyone can do it.” ~Johnny Rotten

Quote Originally Posted by crashdive123 View Post
    Hehehe.....In Krats neck of the woods it's the shotgun that CAUSES the wedding.
    I thought it was an accessory for any wedding.......
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

Years ago I found an adapter for 30-06 down to 30 carbine. No I have never tried it. Guess now I'll have to dig it out and try it the next time at the range.

Bill
    NRA Life Patron Member
    Southern Indiana Rifle and Pistol Club
    K9GDG

Every time an older person dies, its like burning a full set of encyclopedias that will never be published again. So, if you ever want to learn more of anything, just find a old tradesman and hang out with him and then when he passes on, not the full set will burn, you'll have parts of it to pass on to others.

I've been wanting to get a few adapters. There may be a few in the gun junk but I haven't come across any yet.. I have one that a friend gave to me. It's called a hammond game getter, it comes with a swage to size buckshot and it uses ramset charges to propel the buckshot. It's sized for a ought six.

Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.

here's the base
    Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.

I have a 20Ga to 22lr adapter that I use in my single shot 'survival' gun. I have shot a ragged hole at 15 yards with it. It takes some practice using the hammer as a rear sight and the bead as a front sight, but very satisfying when you start hitting. I realize 15 yards isn't far, but in the heavy brush in my area long shot opportunities are rare anyway. I intend to try to push that distance back a bit, but range time has been hard to come by lately. It will take squirrels or hares and lets me save the shotgun shells.

Well I don't know how to put pictures on here yet, but after siting in my 20 ga. single shot slug gun I put the 22lr adapter in and got a few shots in before dark. I was pleasantly surprised ,6 hit at a pie plate 20 yds. away about a 2" diameter. With a little more practice I hope to make my groups tighter.

Quote Originally Posted by jarhead View Post
    Well I don't know how to put pictures on here yet, but after siting in my 20 ga. single shot slug gun I put the 22lr adapter in and got a few shots in before dark. I was pleasantly surprised ,6 hit at a pie plate 20 yds. away about a 2" diameter. With a little more practice I hope to make my groups tighter.
    See if this helps for posting pictures. http://www.wilderness-survival.net/f...s-on-the-Forum
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

I have never liked or trusted adapters of any kind. Maybe I'm old fashion but I think that a weapon should always fire the bullets it was designed for, to achieve the safety and accuracy. It's kind of like OK, I'm going to try to run kerosene in my lawnmower even though it will run like crap, I wanna try it anyway!

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

Quote Originally Posted by Wildthang View Post
    I have never liked or trusted adapters of any kind. Maybe I'm old fashion but I think that a weapon should always fire the bullets it was designed for, to achieve the safety and accuracy. It's kind of like OK, I'm going to try to run kerosene in my lawnmower even though it will run like crap, I wanna try it anyway!
    As we have discussed, there are certain ones that work well, .32 in larger 30 caliber rifles, .22lr in .223. and so on.

Apparently Jarhead got the only accurate shotgun to .22 or pistol caliber adapter that has ever been made. Most of them turn out to be noisemakers and not food producers.

Sorry WT but kero in you gas lawn mower will not run at all!
    Last edited by kyratshooter; 11-28-2012 at 10:19 AM.
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?

Quote Originally Posted by kyratshooter View Post
    As we have discussed, there are certain ones that work well, .32 in larger 30 caliber rifles, .22lr in .223. and so on.

Apparently Jarhead got the only accurate shotgun to .22 or pistol caliber adapter that has ever been made. Most of them turn out to be noisemakers and not food producers.

Sorry WT but kero in you gas lawn mower will not run at all!
    I have a diesel lawnmower
    Last edited by Wildthang; 11-29-2012 at 02:44 PM.