Thread: Winnie goes to Williamsburg

Default Winnie goes to Williamsburg

Well Tuesday we left for Williamsburg. It took about 2.5 hours to get here. Our first stop was the Amtrak station to see about a ticket to Charlotte. There were 2 poroblems: her suitcase was too big and she would have about a 4 hour layover in Richmond until the train left for Charloote. Soooo we decided we decided that catching the train in Richmond would allow us to maybe do some shopping in Richmond. Not...

So we then checked into the hotel and headed for the visitor center for Williamsburg to get tickets to see all the placesand ride the shuttle buses around. So we are able to get old FART tickets that last until the first of the year. So with our maps in our hands we head back to the hotel to make our plans for the next day and to decide where we wanted to eat dinner. Winnie said she was in the mood for fish so we went to Red Lobster as she did not think she could do justice to Captain George's. After dinner we went back to the hotel to sleep and get ready for our day of trekking in Williamsburg.

So up we get about 7:30 so we can eat our free breakfast and then catch the shuttle bus to colonial Williamsburg. We got off at the first stop which was the Govenor's palace and I am sorry to say Winnie did not find our three hundred year old city very impressive. Why you ask? Well 1. the city has been totally reconstructed as most of the original Williamsburg was let go to ruins and those damn yankees burnt alot of the town during the Cicil War. We should be thankful for the Rockefeller family for pretty much buying the old town and spending the money to have the town reconstructed on the original sites to preserve this history. Of course Winnie has buildings in her country that are 3 and 4 times older than what we have. So we walked our leggs off had some lunch and then met up with 2 dumb. He is a nice fellow and so we chatted awhile then I took the bus back to get the van so I could park close to the tavern where we ate dinner and took a ghost walk. We had some libation with our dinner and I must say a Pimms Cup is an excellent drink from England and is very smooth. Winnie said it was one of those drinks that is you drank very many you could not get up and walk and I took her at her word as you did not taste the alcohol in it. So after an excellent meal we took the ghost walk to hear the tales of the ghosts that still visit the taverns and what not. Needless to say the hob goblins did not get us but we did seem to have a little trouble finding the hotel on our way back that night. We seemed to travel every street but the right one to get back to the hotel. I am sure Winnie will have more to say about that.

So Thursday we decided would be our day to shop at the outlets to give us a rest from all the walking in Williamsburg. We left the hotel about 10 that morning and we were done shopping by about 1 p.m. We were just too tired to walk around anymore. So Winnie just wanted to getsome fast food and come back to the hotel that evening which we did. Buuuutttt before we went for fast food for supper we headed back to a Walmart in Williamsburg for some snacks and general shopping. Needless to say Winnie liked shopping in the Walmart stores.

Friday we got up and headed for Jamestowne and discussed what hirricane Sandy was doing. So we walked around Jamestowne the original village and then the settlement that is for demonstrations and where the ships are. After that we stopped and got something to eat and came back to the room as Winnie decided she needed to head back to England so she did not get stranded at JFK for several days. So she was able to get a flight out of Richmond for Saturday at noon and fly out of JFK at 7 p.m.

So this morning we got up headed back to Richmond to the airport where I dropped Winnie off and wished her well for her return flight to England. So Sandy made Winnie's trip a couple days shorter but at least sh knew she going to be able to fly out tonight and not be stuck in NY for several days.

To say the least Winnie and I had a great time together. Two old FART women out having a good time and lots of laughter. I am staying in Williamsburg tonight and driving home in the morning.

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

I hope everyone has a safe return and home is warm and comfortable.

You should have seen Winnie in the Kroger Market Store here. She was like a kid in a candy shop.
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?

Sounds like Winnie had an excellent adventure here in the "colonies"
    .45 ACP Because shooting twice is silly... The avatar says it all,.45 because there isn't a.46

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lTs6a...eature=related

Safe travels home to both of you.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

You left out the part about Winnie trying to get enough powder out of the magazine in Williamsburg to start another war! LOL
    Writer of wrongs.
    Honey, just cuz I talk slow doesn't mean I'm stupid. (Jake- Sweet Home Alabama)
    "Stop Global Whining"

Well I wanted to leave a few things for her to tell. Besides if she gives away too much stuff I still have amunition to retaiate. LOL!

Dang, didnt know she was so close to Roanoke.. Wish she had time to swing down and we could fish & hike & camp on the AT. Im sure my wife and daughter would have loved the company! Oh well, Winnie if you see this you have an open invite with us if you get back. Maybe hit the range too (Hope you like the AR15),

Cheers,
    Andrew

All in all, sounds like a good time! Hope you have safe travels Winnie!
    ”There's nothing glorious in dying. Anyone can do it.” ~Johnny Rotten