Thread: Militia Rising

Default Militia Rising

Anybody catch the show "Militia Rising" last night on Discovery? I thought it was right up there with "Doomsday Preppers". Seems obvious to me from a Survivalist mindset that you wouldn't go on National TV and tell the world what you're doing. These guys were also seriously paramilitary. (Not saying anything's wrong with that, I might have a little of that streak to, but I don't advertise).

I also thought that some of these guys needed to pick up a little on the cardio and lay off the Spam. Several walking myocardial infarctions there.

I'd like to hear what the rest of you thought

I saw a good portion of the show. I didn't think they came off as wacky as they could have been portrayed. Simply losing the camo would make them even less wacky. The disaster prep functions of the IL and FL groups seemed sensible until the FL group started running hostage rescue type drills for what was supposed to be preparation for a hurricane.

Maybe it would have come off worse if I'd watched to the end.

Agreed on the FL group. Seems more sensible to me that if you had a viable retreat set up you would get your family there before a hurricane hit, and avoid the HRT scenario. I'd like to know what local law enforcement thinks of their "Drills"

Saw it on the Guide, didn't watch.....So the consensus is that it worth watching?
    The good thing about Discovery and history chennels is that they play it over and over and over....bad thing about them, is they play it over and over......
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

Worth watching? No, but not much is.

Had it on the DVR, and just finished it.
    I won't be a hugh fan of this show, but I'll pick it up with the DVR and watch.it during boredom periods.
    KF7ZJR I always carry a pocket knife, just in Case.

Well looks like they will be the first ones visited by the military to collect all those firearms. Preppers will be treated as terrorists...
    http://www.infowars.com/national-gua...as-terrorists/