Thread: Local gun shop fail

Default Local gun shop fail

I stopped in to my FLGS today to pick up a new set of grips for a handgun and browse thru the EBRs. I was taken aback by the apparent lack of knowledge of the current staff. First off, one of them told me RRA was about as good as it gets (!) and another told me that Colts were overrated and that the S&W M&P15 was at least as good! Now, I don't want to raise any hackles if there are fans of one particular brand, but while I'm no real lover of Colt I do know they're one of the few makers of M4-type rifles that subject all the important parts to MPI inspection. So far as I know S&W doesn't do this. And I've certainly never heard an armorer of experienced M4 guy try to claim RRA made "elite" level guns!

I suppose it's an extravagant expectation to think every $8 hour gun store cashier is an expert on firearms but every one of them seems to think they are...

Banned
    Blog Entries

Buy "Noveske" and be happy.
    Last edited by Sourdough; 10-23-2012 at 04:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sourdough View Post
    Buy "Noveske" and be happy. I'am and I own eleven AR-15's (And four are Rock River Arms) I have two Noveske AR's (12.5" barrel 6.8 SPC & a 16" NSR in 5.56 NATO) and nearly ready to order a 16" NSR in 6.8 SPC.
    http://noveskerifleworks.com/cgi-bin...status=&title=
    I am sure glad you don't own a canoe

That sure would be waste if they were to go swimming and drowned
    Surivial is just an unplanned adventure when you are prepared

.....Yeah, gotta be careful......
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

Bottom line is what are the internal parts of the AR? The stripped lower brand has little if anything to do with the quality of the AR. My brother has an AR identicle to mine but his stripped lower was a S&W. Mine stripped lower was one I picked up for about a third of the price. Some people think they have a S&W AR but what they really have is a S&W lower and a bunch of other stuff from other places. You could have a high end AR built with an RRA lower. The complete AR you bought over the counter may say S&W on the side but did the store assemble it or did it come from teh factory that way. ARs can be tricky that way.
    If you can keep your head when all about you, are losing their's and blaming it on you. -Kipling