Thread: Anyone ever pull the handle off....

Default Anyone ever pull the handle off....

....of a Kershaw Outcast D2?

Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.

I want to know what's inside and don't want to pay to have it x-rayed.
    So this is how liberty dies.....With thunderous applause.

don't try it......

those things are heat moulded in place and don't take kindly to removal.......

its probably a skeletonised extension of the blade following the handle contour.

Find an NDT (non-destructive testing) facility and get them to x-ray the thing......it doesn't cost a fortune !!
    "use enough gun......"

I'm not worried about ever putting it back.....I just am thinking about making my own handle.....don't like the factory handle.

I can add to the skeleton if necessary.....just wondering if it is a project I want to bother with.....a pic of the full blade w/ exposed tang would help me make up my mind.

No worries really.....I've cut and ground on better knives than this w/o hesitation...but a buddy of mine was horror struck when I told him of my intentions...

S a bit of investigation was in order.....he may just end up with it for Christmas.
    So this is how liberty dies.....With thunderous applause.

I wonder if the manufacturer would provide you with a skeletonized drawing, picture or x-ray. Maybe they would send you a picture of an unfinished knife in production. I don't see any big industrial secret issue, but they might disagree. All they can do is tell you no.